• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (PC) |OT| F*** Off Into Space!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got it for oh $14-15 via Trading Team Fortress 2 keys.
I believe the game is not region locked, but I'd need to ask JaseC to be sure.

Yeah, it's region-free... for now. The gifting/trading restriction also affects unused gift copies so always activate a game after you "buy" it to protect yourself against a nasty surprise.

Antoids

Banned
Is there a reason why you didn't post the whole Scarlett scene? I have the whole thing ready to go, but recorded in Japanese.

For now, I'll just leave this. Needs the audio for full comedic effect.
http://a.pomf.se/rleoon.webm

huh.

yknow, i knew there was more to that scene, but i just thought nothing of it when the rest of it didnt play. when i did it on my copy it did what i uploaded, then gave me the item right after

Chris_IWS

huh.

yknow, i knew there was more to that scene, but i just thought nothing of it when the rest of it didnt play. when i did it on my copy it did what i uploaded, then gave me the item right after

You gotta fill up the guts meter and run the scene three times to get the whole thing, same as the other girls.
Weird, that runs and looks flawless, but the audio one, no way.

How do you mean?

Tizoc

Beat it in 3-4 Hours on Normal while skipping cutscenes. Chapters 9 and 10 weren't as hard as I remember them, but would def. be a bitch to complete on Hard. Don't think I'll make the 'Max out Health' Cheevo, but I don't care. I'll save any cheevos for a future Playfire rewards but will replay it again in the future. Still one of my fav. games from last year <3

Chris_IWS

It stutters in my browser, the silent one runs fluid.

Hmm, anybody else have trouble with it? Maybe I shouldn't make them so large, it's 1280x720.

So is the game officially hacked now? Can't see how these scores can be legit, but I haven't really messed around with Nightmare mode yet.

855712641.jpg

I'm on mobile so sorry for the short post. I was always quite curious about this game since I liked No More Heroes and I finally bit the bullet on Steam today and well... I expected this game to be insanely crazy but I didn't expect it to be mindtwisting creepy... before I called it a day I defeated the
Alice Boss.
How am I supposed to sleep now?! :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm on mobile so sorry for the short post. I was always quite curious about this game since I liked No More Heroes and I finally bit the bullet on Steam today and well... I expected this game to be insanely crazy but I didn't expect it to be mindtwisting creepy... before I called it a day I defeated the
Alice Boss.
How am I supposed to sleep now?! :(

Continue playing of course.
KuGsj.gif

Yasumi

Banned
Endless loading when I get the phone call at the start of chapter 3. Is my only option to grab a save file from elsewhere?

Endless loading when I get the phone call at the start of chapter 3. Is my only option to grab a save file from elsewhere?

Yep. Or just cheat and unlock all the levels in the game to skip the offending level:-

Code:
under the game foler

\KidGame\Config\KidGame.ini

Under the tag

[KidGame.KidGameInfo]

Add

mbAllUnlockMission=true

There you go, All mission unlocked

Problem with the method above is that you always get the endless loading issue in missions if the women keep on calling you to visit them during those missions. E.g. in Chapter 4, another woman will call you, leading to the same issue.

Apparently the cause of the endless loading is not having at least a quad core. Seems to only affect dual cores, according to the Steam Community thread.

Yasumi

Banned
Yep. Or just cheat and unlock all the levels in the game to skip the offending level:-

Code:
under the game foler

\KidGame\Config\KidGame.ini

Under the tag

[KidGame.KidGameInfo]

Add

mbAllUnlockMission=true

There you go, All mission unlocked

Problem with the method above is that you always get the endless loading issue in missions if the women keep on calling you to visit them during those missions. E.g. in Chapter 4, another woman will call you, leading to the same issue.

Apparently the cause of the endless loading is not having at least a quad core. Seems to only affect dual cores, according to the Steam Community thread.

Yeah, I've got a dual core. Butts. Guess I'll wait for a fix, or eventually upgrade. Thanks.

JimPanzer

any way to get the PS3/4 buttons displayed instead of Xbox's?
also, what difficulty should I choose if I have some experience with this kind of games and want a challenge?

wilflare

reposting from Steam OT
figured I may get more responses here

okay folks
I kinda need help with Killer is Dead

what I have done
- set to 60fps (and edited the ini so that revive doesn't screw up)
- set to 4K reso so it is downsampled to my 1920:1200 screen via GeDoSaTo
are there any other settings I need to do to get the best image quality for this game?

and where can I change the voiceacting to Japanese?
and the subtitle font to be larger :O

and where's the option to set the controller buttons to take after the PS3 instead of 360

Deques

reposting from Steam OT
figured I may get more responses here

okay folks
I kinda need help with Killer is Dead

what I have done
- set to 60fps (and edited the ini so that revive doesn't screw up)
- set to 4K reso so it is downsampled to my 1920:1200 screen via GeDoSaTo
are there any other settings I need to do to get the best image quality for this game?

and where can I change the voiceacting to Japanese?
and the subtitle font to be larger :O

and where's the option to set the controller buttons to take after the PS3 instead of 360

You can change the voice acting in the main menu. Before you start the game under Language. I don't know if it's possible to make the subtitles larger. Haven't seen that option

I've checked the general gedosato thread and read through some of this one but I can't find a solution to my (probably obvious) problem.

I'm trying to downsample killer is dead using gedosato but it doesn't seem to pick up the fact that I'm starting the game. I set up a user config file with the downsampling resolution, the game is already in the whitelist and I've checked 'use whitelist'.

Any help would be appreciated, even if you could point me to a place that is explicit about how you would add any generic game.

Edit: I tried toggling the hud to see what was going on and it says some error about needing some form of injection handling.

DeVeAn

So when I do the Gigolo mission with the Japanese women I complete it and it crashes. Anyone have this issue? I finished the game and just wanted to get that last gun for the arm.

Tizoc

So when I do the Gigolo mission with the Japanese women I complete it and it crashes. Anyone have this issue? I finished the game and just wanted to get that last gun for the arm.

This is a common bug for months now. It has to do withs etting the game to run at 60 FPS.
Just don't do her gigolo mission, or just reset the ini to its original stats and play it.

Keep in mind that once you finish one gigolo mission, that beauty is locked, but if you complete another gigolo mission with another beauty she gets unlocked again.

NEO0MJ

Well, picked this game up thanks to HBS. What's the difference between applying the 60 FPS fix mentioned in the OP and the one mentioned here?

Mohonky

So I have had this game for a bit and been meaning to play it but for some reason it's stuck at 17fps according to fraps.

Intro movies and what not are 30fps, but as soon as I hit the main menu and get in game I'm getting 17fps.

I've tried changing ini files for 60fps etc but it hasn't changed anything, for some reason the game doesn't want to run at anything but 17fps. Anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Mohonky

This is starting to really shit me because I want to play this game. Loading screens etc, it's fine, 30fps, as soon as I get in game, 17fps. Wtf

Decado

How do you load to checkpoints after restarting the game? Got interrupted during the David boss fight (Chapter 4) so I quit, but when I loaded up the game again it started me at the beginning of the level.

Top Bottom