• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

BlacKMaRK

Banned
So how are the clan tags gonna work??

WGAF=west coast
EGAF=east coast
CGAF=central gaf(if east gets split up)
????=euro gaf(having a hard time with this one, maybe YGAF for Yurop?)

Oh, and has there been leaders picked for each regional clan?? Last i read, there was no west coast clan leader. If its alright with everyone I would like to be the west coast clan leader.

I will be playing this game religiously, and I feel i can organize the clan members together for practice,clan matches, just for fun etc... Im up to date on all Kz2 news and am reading and posting in the Kz2 media blowout thread regularly.

Vote for me for west coast leader :D

DoomGyver

BlacKMaRK said:
So how are the clan tags gonna work??

WGAF=west coast
EGAF=east coast
CGAF=central gaf(if east gets split up)
????=euro gaf(having a hard time with this one, maybe YGAF for Yurop?)

Oh, and has there been leaders picked for each regional clan?? Last i read, there was no west coast clan leader. If its alright with everyone I would like to be the west coast clan leader.

I will be playing this game religiously, and I feel i can organize the clan members together for practice,clan matches, just for fun etc... Im up to date on all Kz2 news and am reading and posting in the Kz2 media blowout thread regularly.

Vote for me for west coast leader :D

We could do that or
[GAF1]
[GAF2]
[GAF3] etc.

ashism

PSN: smashism
Region: US West
State: Southern California
Timezone: Pacific

I always play healer classes. The medic in this game looks amazing, hopefully I can get some good support.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
updated

2s14283.png

and if you westeys want it:
1gjc3n.png

Where would an Aussie sit in this? Bear in mind i can only play online after 12am for a couple of hours, (Dads computer is hooked up on the ethernet cable, tried getting a router but couldnt get it to work, will try again before release). So 12-2am my time would be like 1-3pm London time so I cos of my late hours I could put in a few hours a week in the Euro clan. PSN ID is GaiusJuliusCaesr

Stantron

I look forward to representing for GAF West. I wasn't in the beta, but I do well in CoD games.

Question: Let's say the limit for clan members turns out being 64. Well if the max players per multiplayer game is 32, then only 16 members would be able to rep the clan at a time, right? Or could you have four sets of 16 teams each playing other clan teams at the same time, all fighting for the same GAF clan valor?

alr1ghtstart said:
Still needs names. GAF1, 2, don't work.

Just do what someone already said above.

NA East - EGAF
NA West- WGAF
Europe - UGAF
Asia - AGAF

Kinda seems like a no brainer to me. Can do CGAF for either central or canada if the east splits.

DoomGyver

-Cv- said:
Just do what someone already said above.

NA East - EGAF
NA West- WGAF
Europe - UGAF
Asia - AGAF

Kinda seems like a no brainer to me. Can do CGAF for either central or canada if the east splits.

Yeah.. but what do we do if we have more than one east coast gaf?

Full Recovery said:
Yeah.. but what do we do if we have more than one east coast gaf?

CGAF if you split into East and Central or Canada.

NGAF and SGAF if you split it into north/south.

Or if you don't want to split it so specifically you can just do E1GF and E2GF. I can't be the only one that thinks GAF1, 2, etc... just doesn't look good.

GodofWine

Clan me!

PSN : TheGodofWine

Im EST, but late night player...like 10:30pm to 1am (though I can play earlier), so would I be more CGAF or EGAF worthy??

I just ordered KZ1 too, so I can be a Gaf clan historian...

hteng

Banned
wow so sad for Asia GAF, only 2 person?

anyway, asian here

PSN: Hexagonn
Region: Asia, Malaysia
TimeZone: GMT+8

neorej

ERMYGERD!
-ARNiE- said:
Seriously, Europe have by far the best clan, I just hope most of the Europeans can speak English, as that would be a significant barrier to cross.

If English doesn't work out, we can all just speak Dutch, since it's a Dutch game.

slider

-ARNiE- said:
Seriously, Europe have by far the best clan, I just hope most of the Europeans can speak English, as that would be a significant barrier to cross.

Don't worry. I'll bring the average down. :p

Full Recovery said:
We could do that or
[GAF1]
[GAF2]
[GAF3] etc.

Its going to have to be this, already so many in East GAF.

Once it gets close to release you can edit the OP and designate GAF# to a specific region.

Quixzlizx

If someone suggested this already, my bad, but are we going to set up IRC channels for the clans? It seems like it would be easier to communicate that way than strictly over the forums.

DunpealD

I've also posted this on the Media Thread, but it should also fit in here. A little rundown on how many members we currently have:

[GAF1] U.S. East/Central: 117
[GAF2] U.S. Pacific/West: 35
[GAF3] Euro GAF: 62
[GAF4] Asia GAF: 2
--------------------------------------
Total: 216

"GAF + number" as well as "GAF + region" don't sound too good. Let's see how the clans turn out first before deciding on a name.

I suggest we could use some names from the Killzone universe.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How about Canada, US east, US central, US west, Europe, Asia and Australia. That should make them all under the limit.

Top Bottom