• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Xater

-ARNiE- said:
Seriously, Europe have by far the best clan, I just hope most of the Europeans can speak English, as that would be a significant barrier to cross.

well we are all posting here on GAF o the chance of being able to speak English is probably high. :D

Well probably have alot of accents though but that just adds to the fun. :lol

BeeDog

Xater said:
well we are all posting here on GAF o the chance of being able to speak English is probably high. :D

Well probably have alot of accents though but that just adds to the fun. :lol

You guys will get moist at the sound of my Swenglish accent. I already charmed Doc Evils (and some else, I guess TTP and co.) with it. :p

DoomGyver

AndyD said:
How about Canada, US east, US central, US west, Europe, Asia and Australia. That should make them all under the limit.
We could do this, but again.. I need everyone who is in Central gaf to PM me again. I deleted all of the pms I went through (over 100) so I don't remember who belongs in central.

Same with Canada GAF

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
ChryZ said:
Dibs on [GAFY] or [YGAF], for Yurop and other obvious reasons:

zt9d3b.jpg
Is it possible to do [Y-GAF]?

Nizz

Will the clans be only up for competitive play? Like mostly Warzone only? Or will there be groups playing Bodycount? I'd like to toss my name in. PSN ID scriptures. I'm in the East coast. But that clan looks plenty packed already.

fps fanatic said:
Will the clans be only up for competitive play? Like mostly Warzone only? Or will there be groups playing Bodycount? I'd like to toss my name in. PSN ID scriptures. I'm in the East coast. But that clan looks plenty packed already.
I'm only going to be playing bodycount. I felt warzone takes up too much time.

AndyD

aka andydumi
fps fanatic said:

I am sure you can play whatever. Thats the beauty of having plenty of people, you can play various game types.

Angelcurio

Crap i didnt noticed this thread even existed, since i never visit the online/matchup forum.

Count me in on the [GAF] US East clan, since i want to be reunited with the old Resistance clan members. Finally a game comes out in which we can play together again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We should consider making a random mix to even the clans. I know a lot of folks want to play with each other but I think things need to be even. If the EAST needs to be broken in 2 or 3 then so be it.

mr_nothin

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
We should consider making a random mix to even the clans. I know a lot of folks want to play with each other but I think things need to be even. If the EAST needs to be broken in 2 or 3 then so be it.
I agree.
I feel that I wont get the chance to get into many tournaments with how many ppl are in the eastern clan.

Facism

oi why do the Canada and EU clan banners show people getting owned and the others don't -_-

Shenanigans!

Clinton514

That's one hefty list. If you all find my friend list full, message me on the PSN and I'll attempt to make some room! See you all on launch night. :D

Nizz

XxBigP123xX said:
I'm only going to be playing bodycount. I felt warzone takes up too much time.

AndyD said:
I am sure you can play whatever. Thats the beauty of having plenty of people, you can play various game types.

Cool. Good to know. :D I'm gonna try my best to get the game day one, but I might have to wait till the game comes to Walmart close to me. Hopefully they get the game in on the 27th. I'm outta work right now, but I have a $10.00 gift card good at Walmart and I'm scraping away enough money to get the game. I like Bodycount since although playing with a headset is very important, I can get away without one in Bodycount since the goal is simple, kill the enemy. ;)

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
F#A#Oo said:
Some of you like seriously never log in to check your messages on PSN...:D

LoL! I haven't logged in my old user name in which I gave Full, so yeah ill do that when I have a chance.

DoomGyver

Teknoman said:
So are we going to stick to one side, or play both ISA and Helghast?

Also what were the different match types?
I think sides are random (maybe a beta tester can clarify)

Match types -- updated OP.

Nizz

Full Recovery said:

I remember when the match was about to start, auto-select was highlighted, then you would be placed on either faction: ISA or Helghast. Though I swore there were times where I chose a faction myself. It's been a minute since I've played...

Guled

Full Recovery said:

you get to pick your sides, and you could switch in the middle of the match

Stantron

Stantron said:
Question: Let's say the limit for clan members turns out being 64. Well if the max players per multiplayer game is 32, then only 16 members would be able to rep the clan at a time, right? Or could you have four sets of 16 teams each playing other clan teams at the same time, all fighting for the same GAF clan valor?
anyone know?

DunpealD

Here's an update to the current numbers of members:

[GAF] US East: 106
[GAFm] US Central/Midwest: 10
[GAFw] U.S. Pacific/West: 37
[GAFc] Canada GAF: 16
[GAFe] Euro GAF: 64
[GAFa] Asia/Australia GAF: 8
---------------------------------------------
Total: 241

So far US East seems to still to have a huge amount of members even after the split.

In case you missed the notice from Full Recovery:
Full Recovery said:
If I have you listed in the wrong REGION PM me so I can correct it.

Kittonwy

Banned
DunpealD said:

So far US East seems to still to have a huge amount of members even after the split.

Like I said before if East is too big then we can take the old GAF RFOM clan within US East and we can take some of the players from US East, and we can call it GAFk.

DunpealD said:

You could move the central/midwest (as well as pacific Canadians) into the Pacific group. Then put Eastern Canadians back into the East group and then split the East into two groups. Whether that's just random split or you could split it Northeast and Southeast.

F#A#Oo

Banned
II VerTigo II said:
LoL! I haven't logged in my old user name in which I gave Full, so yeah ill do that when I have a chance.

Since people put their names down I've had only a handful of the people actually accept an invite from me...

This is actually quite common...my 360 list is mostly Gears and CoD players who put their names down but in the end they never turned up. It's bandwagoning without participation.

AndyD

aka andydumi
F#A#Oo said:
Since people put their names down I've had only a handful of the people actually accept an invite from me...

This is actually quite common...my 360 list is mostly Gears and CoD players who put their names down but in the end they never turned up. It's bandwagoning without participation.

This list is not to add everyone to your friends list. Thats why we are in a clan together. I usually friend people who I play with frequently, but I cant add everyone in the clans I am in.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
F#A#Oo said:

Yeah I get that a lot on my 360 list as well, cant say much on my PSN name because I had to make another one due to not remembering the answer to the question when you forget the password. So starting fresh

But when Aladuf, Third, Full, and many others GAFers would get a game going on gears 2 I would try to make it.

Add me everyone! I have 0 friends now lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
AndyD said:
This list is not to add everyone to your friends list. Thats why we are in a clan together. I usually friend people who I play with frequently, but I cant add everyone in the clans I am in.

What? Ofcourse I cannot add everyone but I will do my best to add as many as I possibly can...those who don't attend and are generally people who are no-shows will be removed.

@II VerTigo II: I sent you a request. :)

dazed808

I've bailed from the main thread as that's just getting too spoileriffic :(
Would be handy if any mp/clan update info can be posted in here as well for those who don't wanna risk the main thread.

DunpealD

dazed808 said:
I've bailed from the main thread as that's just getting too spoileriffic :(
Would be handy if any mp/clan update info can be posted in here as well for those who don't wanna risk the main thread.

I'll do it, anything specific you want me to keep you updated?

dazed808

DunpealD said:

Cheers Dun! Anything really, i'm happy to read any new stuff about the mp as I can't see that ruining the sp but don't want to risk looking at any other threads/sites incase I stumble across sp spoilers - I trust the good people in this thread to keep it mp only:D

DunpealD

dazed808 said:
Cheers Dun! Anything really, i'm happy to read any new stuff about the mp as I can't see that ruining the sp but don't want to risk looking at any other threads/sites incase I stumble across sp spoilers - I trust the good people in this thread to keep it mp only:D

I suppose there's nothing much to tell about the MP anymore except clan limit and so on, but in case there's more I'll keep you updated.

dazed808

DunpealD said:
I suppose there's nothing much to tell about the MP anymore except clan limit and so on, but in case there's more I'll keep you updated.

Yeah your probably right just wanna be up to speed when we kick off at the end of Feb

DunpealD

dazed808 said:
Yeah your probably right just wanna be up to speed when we kick off at the end of Feb

I'll be going straight into MP when I get the game to establish the clan. So in case anybody wants to participate too, we can arrange a private GAF session to keep away any external spoilers.

Az

DunpealD said:
I'll be going straight into MP when I get the game to establish the clan. So in case anybody wants to participate too, we can arrange a private GAF session to keep away any external spoilers.

Good idea. I'll be there too day one.

DunpealD said:

Thanks, that nice of you. I had to bail too. Can't wait to get online with this game again. I almost have zero interest in others shooters at the moment. The beta has spoiled me big time. Last time I had FPS feelings like that was probably back in the early Doom and Quake days (up till Quake III Arena). The games can't be compared, but the longing for a thrill is the same :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
We need clan leaders for each division and I suggest that they jump online from day 1 so we can all secure the Gaf clans.

DunpealD

Kaako said:
We need clan leaders for each division and I suggest that they jump online from day 1 so we can all secure the Gaf clans.

Here's a little rundown on the current candidates as clan leaders for the people who are skipping the OP:

[GAF] US East
Full Recovery | Full-Recovery (US Clan Leader)

[GAFm] US Central/Midwest
none

[GAFw] U.S. Pacific/West
BlacKMaRK | BlacKMaRK714 (Possible P/W Leader)

[GAFc] Canada GAF
none

[GAFe] Euro GAF
DunpealD | dunpeal-1 (EU Clan Leader)
FFObsessed | FFObsessed (Officer)

[GAFa] Asia/Australia GAF
none

There's still time before KZ2 hits the shelves. Also 100 points are mandatory for creating a clan.

EDIT: EU Clan leader has been decided.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
I'll hop online day one to create the clan.

I also think that all clan leaders of the different GAF clans should be on each others PSN friends list so that communication between clans will be easier.

Maybe we could all play together day1 to establish our respective clans?

DunpealD

BlacKMaRK said:
I'll hop online day one to create the clan.

I also think that all clan leaders of the different GAF clans should be on each others PSN friends list so that communication between clans will be easier.

Maybe we could all play together day1 to establish our respective clans?

Full Recovery, FFObsessed and me are going to set up a match at launch. The match will be a private one(hopefully it's possible) as mentioned above.

Those in GAF who want to participate are, of course, invited to participate.

RavenFox

Banned
dazed808 said:
Yeah Im all for this. I bailed out to. Rapping Granny finished me lol

Top Bottom