• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

Facism

DunpealD said:
Full Recovery, FFObsessed and me are going to set up a match at launch. The match will be a private one(hopefully it's possible) as mentioned above.

Those in GAF who want to participate are, of course, invited to participate.

dun, afaik you're in Germany? You'll have the game 2 days before us in England. I'll probably do a lil single player and then get into MP the friday night of release.

@Ramzaiscool: ok if i add you to my friendslist? Not enough Turkish Steel on my PSN list :D

DunpealD

Facism said:
dun, afaik you're in Germany? You'll have the game 2 days before us in England. I'll probably do a lil single player and then get into MP the friday night of release.

@Ramzaiscool: ok if i add you to my friendslist? Not enough Turkish Steel on my PSN list :D

If I'm lucky I get it 2 days before you guys, but who knows destiny always likes to be sadistic :p

btw. I see you haven't killzonified your avatar yet.

Doc Evils did one for you.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
time to end my media blackout and jump onboard.

UK player here:

Psn = Bi-7

Hopefully this can be my new gears and I can play it religiously.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, we mau have to combine US central and East and split them into two clans somehow. NA East is till too big, and NA Central is too small.

AndyD said:
Hmm, we mau have to combine US central and East and split them into two clans somehow. NA East is till too big, and NA Central is too small.

Canada is pretty small as well which is what led me to my previous suggestion of having the central people (and pacific canadians) join up with the pacific team. Eastern Canadians join the east and then do whatever mix (north/south or just random) of a few east teams.

DunpealD

AndyD said:

If KZ2 has indeed an open end clan size then we could do it afterwards by splitting people up into those who want to have fun / those who want to have fun AND competition(valor).

DunpealD said:
If KZ2 has indeed an open end clan size then we could do it afterwards by splitting people up into those who want to have fun / those who want to have fun AND competition(valor).

64 player max clan sizes was confirmed.

AndyD

aka andydumi
-Cv- said:
Canada is pretty small as well which is what led me to my previous suggestion of having the central people (and pacific canadians) join up with the pacific team. Eastern Canadians join the east and then do whatever mix (north/south or just random) of a few east teams.

Central and Pacific would be a 2 hour time difference. It would make it hard to meet. Mountain and Western together and Eastern/central makes sense.

DunpealD said:
Full Recovery, FFObsessed and me are going to set up a match at launch. The match will be a private one(hopefully it's possible) as mentioned above.

Those in GAF who want to participate are, of course, invited to participate.

Count an old beta-player in. Feel free to add me to your PSN list. PSN name is the same. See you online. At the moment I don't know if we should meet in one of the (updated) beta maps or start out with a new map. What's your opinion on that?

DunpealD

BruceWayneIII said:
Count an old beta-player in. Feel free to add me to your PSN list. PSN name is the same. See you online. At the moment I don't know if we should meet in one of the (updated) beta maps or start out with a new map. What's your opinion on that?

I'd personally vote for a new map in case we're getting some non-beta-players on board. While it doesn't even out the beta experience, we'll be on even ground when it comes to map experience. Also I suppose it's better to get to know the new maps together than against people you don't know at all.

RavenFox

Banned
DunpealD said:
I'd personally vote for a new map in case we're getting some non-beta-players on board. While it doesn't even out the beta experience, we'll be on even ground when it comes to map experience. Also I suppose it's better to get to know the new maps together than against people you don't know at all.
Not bad at all. Im with this

DunpealD

People seem to be stoked for this so let's give that session a name :lol
sen7dy.jpg

KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members(GAF names): 32/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
FourSerioux(former -Cv-)
BlacKMaRK
LiquidMetal14
AzRim904
II VerTigo II
Alias03
-ARNiE-
ashism
ThirdEngine
xerxesian
Teknoman
needlesmcgirk
3rdamention
Ilparazzo
dragonflys545
NameGenerated
aj2good4you2
GodofWine
Dave1988
DunpealD

depending on time:
Facism (after 9pm GMT)
dazed808 (after 10pmGMT)

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

KZObsessed

F#A#Oo said:
Some of you like seriously never log in to check your messages on PSN...:D

Oh shit, that friend invite was from you? ha didn't know who you were! Should have said from GAF. :p I'll add you now.

Dunpeal, you should be the leader of the EURO clan :)

mr_nothin

Banned
I'm pretty pissed that I wont be playing clan matches with some of my beta buddy/rivals.
Europe has most of the people from the beta :/ I didnt even know most of you guys were in europe.

On another note, hopefully I'll be with you guys online day 1. Had to sell my ps3 so I can make some extra monies. I'll be buying and selling PS3's for a little while on craigslist. Hopefully I can sell enough to keep one and still be able to buy/sell on the side. :)

CANT WAIT!

Schrade

mr_nothin said:
I'm pretty pissed that I wont be playing clan matches with some of my beta buddy/rivals.
Europe has most of the people from the beta :/ I didnt even know most of you guys were in europe.

On another note, hopefully I'll be with you guys online day 1. Had to sell my ps3 so I can make some extra monies. I'll be buying and selling PS3's for a little while on craigslist. Hopefully I can sell enough to keep one and still be able to buy/sell on the side. :)

CANT WAIT!
Accept my PSN request damn you!

Edit: Oh damn.... just read your post heh.

NIN90

DunpealD said:
Ok let's see how it turns out.

Currently going to participating members: 5/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
DunpealD

I'll be updating the list from time to time. We also have to decide on a date, since some members will have the game earlier due to earlier release dates or broken street dates.

EDIT: We also have to figure out how to handle the big clans and who's going to be the leader.

Count me in.
What's the release date over here in Germany?

Guled

DunpealD said:

Currently going to participating members: 5/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
DunpealD

I would like 2 join

DunpealD

dhelfric said:
Count me in.
What's the release date over here in Germany?

It's supposed to be the 25th, but the release dates from the different retailers are all over the place ranging from 9th February to the 25th.

alba

Little is the new Big
DunpealD said:

Currently going to participating members: 8/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
DunpealD

memememememe

AndyD

aka andydumi
DunpealD said:

Currently going to participating members: 8/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
DunpealD

Sign me up.

DoomGyver

DunpealD said:
People seem to be stoked for this so let's give that session a name :lol
sen7dy.jpg

KOLORZONE 2 - Official NeoGAF International Launch Warzone

Currently going to participating members: 10/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
DunpealD

:lol I'll update the OP here in an hour or so.

Aladuf23 already said he would play on launch night to help create the clans Flunk and Third may do it too, haven't talked to them about it yet though.

DunpealD said:
Currently going to participating members: 11/32
Full Recovery
FFObsessed
BruceWayneIII
RavenFox
dhelfric
Guled
-viper-
alba
AndyD
Aladuf23
DunpealD

If it's launch night you're playing I'm definitely up for it.

DunpealD

Full Recovery said:
:lol I'll update the OP here in an hour or so.

Aladuf23 already said he would play on launch night to help create the clans Flunk and Third may do it too, haven't talked to them about it yet though.

Glad you like the update :D
Added Aladuf23 to the list. I'll add Flunk and Third when you've got the confirmation.
If we have more than 32 players we can organize 2 rooms.

MutFox

Banned
Looking at the numbers,
it looks like most Canadians have just gone East, Central, West anyways...

Probably you should just rename US to North America, and have East, Central, West, and get rid of Canada.

A West Coast Canadian is going to have terrible lag with East Coast Canadians...

Anyways,

PSN: MutFox

Pacific Canada, so add me to the West.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
So is it like cod where you have to be a certian rank to be in a clan.

Because most likely im going a play MP at launch aswell.

DunpealD

II VerTigo II said:
So is it like cod where you have to be a certian rank to be in a clan.

Because most likely im going a play MP at launch aswell.

AFAIK, you only need 100 points to create a clan. You can join anytime even if you're just beginning.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Facism said:

Sure :)

DunpealD

xerxesiani said:
I would like to have some more people on my psn in preperation for killzone :), add me if you want :
PSN = MiniBloembak

Core407 said:
PSN ID: Runner45

ADD ME! I'll obviously be in the clan so I'll add you guys to my buddy list now.

I'd be nice if both of you could add your timezones. Currently we have:

[GAF] US East
[GAFm] US Central/Midwest
[GAFw] U.S. Pacific/West
[GAFc] Canada GAF
[GAFe] Euro GAF

LiquidMetal14 said:
Add me to the KOLORZONE celebration if you can.

Done.

MutFox

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
damn I thought we would have more people in Canada.

Probably do, but they probably joined the West, East or Central Clans,
since it'll be a laggy mess just Having a Canada Clan. (Since it's bigger in size than the US.)

Core407

Banned
DunpealD said:
I'd be nice if both of you could add your timezones. Currently we have:

[GAF] US East
[GAFm] US Central/Midwest
[GAFw] U.S. Pacific/West
[GAFc] Canada GAF
[GAFe] Euro GAF

Done.

[GAF]US East

psn id - xcaseyjonesx
Canada East Coast

PM'd you the info also, Full Recovery.

Should probably ditch the Canada GAF idea and blend the Canadians into their respective North American time zones. The lag and time difference is going to suck, it doesn't make much sense the way it is now.

MutFox

Banned
criesofthepast said:
Should probably ditch the Canada GAF idea and blend the Canadians into their respective North American time zones. The lag and time difference is going to suck, it doesn't make much sense the way it is now.

Exactly, Ditch calling is US East, West, Central, and Call it North America.

Top Bottom