• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinect Disneyland Adventures |OT| Meet Mickey

ElNino

Even if you were 6 years old, it's impossible to figure out how to calibrate the Kinect.

Kids are dumb.
Is this really necessary? My son is almost 5 and was able to do the Kinect calibration by himself.

Regarding Disney Adventures... I'm really thinking of picking this up now as a Christmas present for him but he is very spoiled and I already have Skylanders (and a bunch of characters) for him to play as well. Oh well, I'm sure Santa can find room in his sack for this as well. ;-)

Frankfurt

Banned
Kids are not dumb.

Some kids are dumb, just like some adults. I have 7yo students that can use everything on an iPhone and use a computer perfectly, while i know 30yos that can't even save a number on their cellphones.

Triz

There is an insane amount of content in this. My 5 year old daughter got it for Christmas and Im surprised at the amount of things you can do with the game.

alphaNoid

Banned
My wife wants this game, but our son is only 2. So.. I think I'll wait and buy it used in like 2 years?
KuGsj.gif

Got to say I'm loving this it's so solid for this type of game. Being a huge Disney and park fan helps.

Just walking round listening to the music is great

Is anyone else having an insane amount of difficulty with getting the game to recognize the hand-waving motion? My 5-year old daughter just can't get it to recognize her waving. There are sporadic instances where it begins to recognize her wave, but then it cancels out as though she had stopped waving even though she still is. I've even tried it myself and it does the same thing with me. Neither one of us has ever had any difficulty with the camera recognizing our actions in other games or on the dashboard, especially the waving motion which is used in many Kinect games. We literally cannot play this game because the simple waving action is THE action that you must do in order to trigger conversations and actions. It is incredibly frustrating because my daughter wants to play this game so badly. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 24 years old. We love theme parks and we have never been to disneyland. the gameplay videos look great but it seems that it's made for children, so my question is: Can "normal" people have fun with this game (and the minigames) or is everything made for kids (difficulty, movement, jokes, attractions, etc.) ?!
Is this a good party game (can you select the minigames from the menu?) ?

Top Bottom