• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Burn to Fight (CE) Announced for NA on PS4

dp12.png

From the PR:

The King of Fighters XIV "Burn to Fight" Premium Edition include the following:
SteelBook® - The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series' fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
Art book - This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
3-Disc Soundtrack - Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
Collector's Box - All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.

Also not that the final box art says PS4 console exclusive. Wonder how much later the PC release will happen and if there will be cross play or not.

Azalean

Banned
Is there any particular reason this isn't coming to Xbox One? Sony didn't have any part in it's development, did it?

Neoxon

Is there any particular reason this isn't coming to Xbox One? Sony didn't have any part in it's development, did it?
Xbox sells like shit in Japan & SNK likely doesn't want to make another SKU for just one region. That's just my guess.

jett

D-Member
Lookie, a full-sized artbook! I'd take that every day over some shoddily-built, glorified action figure.

Korigama

More likely just the issue of the company not seeing as much of a market for it on Xbox One. Pretty much why neither of the Guilty Gear Xrd games are on Xbox One (aside from the PS3 and PS4 versions benefiting from cross-play), in spite of Arc System Works trying their luck on the platform with BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend, which sold extremely poorly on that system. And even for the more niche fighters that do make it to Xbox, the communities tend not to last as long as they do on PlayStation platforms (compared to Capcom fighters on 360, where the communities did stay active).

In general, a PS4 is a much better investment for players interested in fighting games specifically.

i-Jest

I know I'm gonna buy this game. Since Atlus is behind localization, can we assume this premium edition is coming to Canada?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I figured someone must have posted about this somewhere, lol. Didn't see it in the Unofficial Pre-Release OT, ha.

Was a price listed anywhere?

Top Bottom