• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Burn to Fight (CE) Announced for NA on PS4

Ninja Dom

Nobody gonna ask?

Okay, I'll ask.

Isn't there a HUGE spelling mistake here??

Shouldn't it be 'BORN to Fight'? If not then what does 'Burn to Fight' mean?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the BB lookin' out, Het_Nkik!

And Ninja Dom... Naa, this isn't Battleborn! "Burn to Fight" doesn't seem any more engrishy to me than JoJo's "Battle Tendency". I figure it's just a way to say "A raging desire to engage in combat!", in a way only the Japanese
(fanboys?)
would say.

My nitpick has always been how SNK games keep your win record by saying "Beat By __". It's like they're saying "You were smacked around by ___ people, but won!" It's so odd. But I'm glad they still keep at it, to this day, just like I'd be happy to see Samurai Shodown keep "VICTOLY!" on occasion at a match conclusion.

Loona

Nobody gonna ask?

Okay, I'll ask.

KoF has a bit of a history with characters with fire-based abilities in particular, and SNK has a bit of a history with getting English right in general.

OmegaDL50

I already had the standard edition pre-ordered on Amazon.

Will have no problems canceling my regular in place for the Premium instead.

Besides, Prime pre-order discount means it still fall within the $60+ price range of a regular full priced release anyways. So not a big deal.

El Sabroso

Nobody gonna ask?

Okay, I'll ask.

hqdefault.jpg

qcf x2

Amazon is now taking orders.

Yup, I preordered on BB for $60 and Amazon for $80 just in case the first one falls through. Anybody on the fence about the limited edition should google SNK's artwork over the years and see what you can expect in a 144 page art book. No brainer of a purchase for me.

Also I know when the official thread drops it will pitch the game, but anybody even remotely interested in fighters should give this a shot. Do you hate having to only play against online warriors? There's plenty of offline modes and content (story, mission, gallery, tutorial). Do you hate not being able to learn from an online friend without the health bar, time and wins/losses being a factor? There's online training mode where you can spar with each other with no pressure. Do you hate small rosters? 50+ characters right out of the box. Do you hate that you suck at fighting games and wish they were easier? There's an easy operation mode where pressing square repeatedly will give you a combo. Like playing with multiple friends without having to wait forever? Party battle lets you team up against each other. Hate having to use triggers and shit? KoF is historically a 4 button game.

Etc... as long as the online is solid the package is a steal, whether you go for the limited or the standard edition. It doesn't play like Street Fighter, but KoF is awesome in its own unique way.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any news about PS3 Stick support?

OmegaDL50

Canceled my regular pre-order for the Premium.

Eh...I got a pay off a difference of $29, since I had Amazon card balance on the regular. Not a big deal. August can''t come sooner.

Now that No Man's Sky might possibly not be here before KOFXIV arrives, KOFXIV is the next game on my purchase list.

Well I still have The Witcher III Blood and Wine to look forward too as well. This year has been good in terms of gaming thus far.

I still have to complete the Nathan Drake Collection too, and I never even started Uncharted 4 yet too.

Whatever happens I'm totally covered for the next few months.

Shauni

The Prime pre-order discount brings it down to just over $70, if you have to pay tax in your region (like I do, bleh) or just over $63 if you don't.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The Prime pre-order discount brings it down to just over $70, if you have to pay tax in your region (like I do, bleh) or just over $63 if you don't.
or take advantage of the BB price error and lock it in for $47.99 before taxes (after GCU) !

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Very cool. If I activate GCU afterward, can I apply it to previous orders? Curious, because I'm toying with the idea of getting that.
GCU is amazing
and probably? idk it's only wonky since it's a price error, otherwise I'd say definitely. might take some customer service talking.

Shauni

GCU is amazing
and probably? idk it's only wonky since it's a price error, otherwise I'd say definitely. might take some customer service talking.

I've thought about GCU for awhile and all, but the nearest Best Buy to me is 2 hours away. Why they don't just sell membership online, I don't know. I'd probably jumped in by now if they had

Vlaphor

Damn. I'd love to get the special edition for $48...but I'd rather get it on PC (which would be more surprising if they didn't eventually announce a PC release at this point). I really wish more companies were willing to do physical special edition PC releases.

shaowebb

mangod on twitter says the LE will be rare
https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/736203451391180801

heads up for the FOMO crowd

Thanks for this. I just cancelled my Gamestop preorder that I put in back when they said they would have a preorder only steel case. Now I've got a paid for preorder of Premium Edition from Amazon with all them goodies. Neat thing is it came in at $67 with my prime savings :p

EDIT: If there is an edition with a stick I WILL OWN IT.

Lemstar

I've thought about GCU for awhile and all, but the nearest Best Buy to me is 2 hours away. Why they don't just sell membership online, I don't know. I'd probably jumped in by now if they had
They sorta do, now - you can add a GCU membership card to your online order and it'll take 20% off your cart, although you'll still need to go in to a store to activate it at some point.

Cool...wish they'd had this sort of thing back in the SNK/Shinkiro days.

But it's hitting the same week as Deus Ex...that probably needs to come first.

Top Bottom