• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Burn to Fight (CE) Announced for NA on PS4

neohwa

While some people might be unimpressed, it at least looks better than SFV to me since the art style appeals to me more

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Best Buy store preorders allow the 5 dollar down, full on arrival. But online is full price (minus discounts and stuff) only. The idea an order like that would be charged at a later time (when you might not even have the funds) is weird to me. Though I hear thats how Amazon does it.

So yeah, Best Buy should have charged already for the order. I did notice the regular edition was off their site last I checked, so I hope theres no issues.

NDPsycho

Best Buy store preorders allow the 5 dollar down, full on arrival. But online is full price (minus discounts and stuff) only. The idea an order like that would be charged at a later time (when you might not even have the funds) is weird to me. Though I hear thats how Amazon does it.

So yeah, Best Buy should have charged already for the order. I did notice the regular edition was off their site last I checked, so I hope theres no issues.

The standard edition is probably off their site because it was using the same sku that they are now using on the premium one. I put in an order myself, but I'm expecting some type of problem. How will they differentiate the previous orders for the standard edition from these if they're using the same sku?

Pompadour

The standard edition is probably off their site because it was using the same sku that they are now using on the premium one. I put in an order myself, but I'm expecting some type of problem. How will they differentiate the previous orders for the standard edition from these if they're using the same sku?

Does anyone know if Best Buy locks in prices when you pre-order? They say as much on their FAQ but this is clearly more of a "price error" issue.

Regardless, I pre-ordered this edition because it's the same price as the regular one even if I likely won't use any of this stuff.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Does anyone know if Best Buy locks in prices when you pre-order? They say as much on their FAQ but this is clearly more of a "price error" issue.

Regardless, I pre-ordered this edition because it's the same price as the regular one even if I likely won't use any of this stuff.
yup!

shaowebb

What was the reason for this not coming to Xbone?

My guess is global presence. KOF is biggest everywhere outside the US. Its one of the BIGGEST fighting games around overseas and the Xbox One quite frankly is not even relevant overseas where KOF means something.

This is just my own guess really, but if the majority of your audience isn't anywhere near any other consoles for fighting games then why throw money down the hole to port? I'd just throw the money into the one console and try to extend the game with any funds that were ever considered for the non viable market.

Kusagari

I've had multiple preorders on BB's site and it has always been a pending charge that disappears after a couple days.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've had multiple preorders on BB's site and it has always been a pending charge that disappears after a couple days.

Looking at my Paypal now, I have a Complete Charge for the full price of my order, and then there's a pending one that is to be removed in the future. Does this mirror your experience?

I normally like to order in store (so I can pay as I want, upon release), but limited editions are so fickle at BB, that I do often end up getting them via online, though I have not gotten many.

not enough budget to work on multiple platforms is my bet

This is my bet as well, and I'm sure Sony might be helping with development a bit. SNK still seems to have a good relationship with Microsoft overall, and they have a steady stream of BackCompat games showing up on the XB1 even now. If the console was a stronger presence overall, I'm sure they would have tried harder to get it on it.

For me, it'll be one of few games that gets me off my XB1-centric ecosystem, for extended play with the PS4.

Kusagari

Looking at my Paypal now, I have a Complete Charge for the full price of my order, and then there's a pending one that is to be removed in the future. Does this mirror your experience?

Hmm, I've never specifically used paypal. I've seen sites before where the charge is pending for credit cards that goes away but using paypal charges right away.

Boke1879

If you use Paypay with Best Buy I find that they just charge you outright as soon as you place the order. They did this with my UC4 LE and NMS LE.

If you use a debit card they put a hold on the amount that should last for a couple of days. Once that's over the money is back in your account and they don't officially charge you until the game ships.

oneida

If you use Paypay with Best Buy I find that they just charge you outright as soon as you place the order. They did this with my UC4 LE and NMS LE.

If you use a debit card they put a hold on the amount that should last for a couple of days. Once that's over the money is back in your account and they don't officially charge you until the game ships.
i used PayPal for this so that explains it

TreIII

It'd be fun if Antonov turned out to be Rugal after shaving his mustache and taking up smoking... I mean, the guy's big, blond, has a penchant for sending out invitations, and is a billionaire calling himself the "first champion"... next thing you know he could be one of Street Smart's bosses, since that's a fairly early SNK fighter, but none of the named guys there is called Antonov...

Like I postulated a while back, I was really hoping it turn out Antonov was really Rugal's estranged brother that we only heard about awhile back, and then never again.

It'd be a fun a way to bring everything back to full circle and (assuming he doesn't get killed off in this game), it'd give Adel and Rose another team mate.

Like I postulated a while back, I was really hoping it turn out Antonov was really Rugal's estranged brother that we only heard about awhile back, and then never again.

It'd be a fun a way to bring everything back to full circle and (assuming he doesn't get killed off in this game), it'd give Adel and Rose another team mate.
SNK has a bad habit with this.

TreIII

SNK has a bad habit with this.

All too true.

But I think this new era in SNK's life is going to make for changes. They're ideally making assets that they can use as a foundation for what will be used for possibly many more years. And the story is as much of an effective "reboot" that both veterans and new players alike can come on board and not be lost.

There's really no more excuse to create chars that they'll be dumping again, ideally.

oneida

i can't believe the price error is still live. i guess BB corporate is enjoying the long weekend :)

Saoshyant

Isn't he dead?

Didn't stop Geese, Mature or Vice from showing up.

I'd say Rugal has no place in modern KOF, though. He will always be the final boss of the early games and it would be weird for him to come back in the same way it would be weird for Orochi or the NESTS masterminds to show up again in a mainline game.

Village

Didn't stop Geese, Mature or Vice from showing up.

I'd say Rugal has no place in modern KOF, though. He will always be the final boss of the early games and it would be weird for him to come back in the same way it would be weird for Orochi or the NESTS masterminds to show up again in a mainline game.
Dio with a mustache should have a place in all games

oneida

mine no longer says premium, too - but i opted for in store pick up. how do i go about ensuring that the game i get is the premium edition?

NDPsycho

mine no longer says premium, too - but i opted for in store pick up. how do i go about ensuring that the game i get is the premium edition?

I'd follow their advice and give it some time. Maybe they'll fix the orders once they get the proper listing on the store again. Or maybe once that happens you can get their customer service to fix it prior to release. Worst case, keep your email of the order, it should have it listed as premium.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For those who’ve already placed your pre-orders, I have some good news for you. The best possible resolution here is to allow everyone who already pre-ordered at $59.99 to receive their copy of the Premium Edition at that price and that is exactly what we’re going to do. No changes need to be made to your pre-orders, so leave things be and all should be well!

And that's exactly what I plan to do. Even before they say this, I'm willing to wait to see them have both editions updated and on the website properly, and then see which page my link eventually led to.

There's a lot of time before August 23rd...

Top Bottom