• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

I looked a little deeper and in the source there is more info about the game. The producer of the game Martin Klíma talked about it in a conference at Brno, a Czech city.Google translated of course:

The part about the game being only 25% bigger because of the Series S could have been a mistranslation. Maybe he wanted to say 25% more detailed or something like that? The fact that the Series S was a limitation seems to be a reality, but I don't think that the producer would insult Microsoft that much in a public occasion like this. We will probably get more info on it soon, as the conference have not ended yet. Hopefully someone on Neogaf who understand Czech could help us? I put my post here because the original one was closed too soon.
They probably mean in terms of memory footprint because they already confirmed the playable area is about twice the size of the first game. It's split up in two separate world spaces though. One slightly larger than KCD1 and one slightly smaller.

T4keD0wN

I looked a little deeper and in the source there is more info about the game. The producer of the game Martin Klíma talked about it in a conference at Brno, a Czech city.Google translated of course:

The part about the game being only 25% bigger because of the Series S could have been a mistranslation. Maybe he wanted to say 25% more detailed or something like that? The fact that the Series S was a limitation seems to be a reality, but I don't think that the producer would insult Microsoft that much in a public occasion like this. We will probably get more info on it soon, as the conference have not ended yet. Hopefully someone on Neogaf who understand Czech could help us? I put my post here because the original one was closed too soon.
They probably mean in terms of memory footprint because they already confirmed the playable area is about twice the size of the first game. It's split up in two separate world spaces though. One slightly larger than KCD1 and one slightly smaller.
The article linked says theyve set their goal to make the game 25% bigger (as in size) than the first one because series s has 25% more memory than old gen consoles. At least according to the writer of the article, couldnt find any video of the presentation itself, but he mentions it was said by multiple developers so its very unlikely he misinterpreted it, but then again he also says the game is supposed to be "much bigger" that the first one (not specified in what ways, but he goes on to talk about the amount of voice/text and the bugs right after) earlier in the article, safe to say the "much bigger" relates to the amount of detail/content while the 25% is about the available map space.

I am not surprised there is confusion since bigger can only relate to size of something, while he has freely exchanged the phrase "more detailed" with "much bigger" just few sentences earlier, the article is not well written.

While theres 2 maps, the 25% relates to the combined player accessible (playable) space:
GO-pKkHXcAAz4Mc

Last edited:
The article linked says theyve set their goal to make the game 25% bigger (as in size) than the first one because series s has 25% more memory than old gen consoles. At least according to the writer of the article, couldnt find any video of the presentation itself, but he mentions it was said by multiple developers so its very unlikely he misinterpreted it, but then again he also says the game is supposed to be "much bigger" that the first one (not specified in what ways, but he goes on to talk about the amount of voice/text and the bugs right after) earlier in the article, safe to say the "much bigger" relates to the amount of detail/content while the 25% is about the available map space.

I am not surprised there is confusion since bigger can only relate to size of something, while he has freely exchanged the phrase "more detailed" with "much bigger" just few sentences earlier, the article is not well written.

While theres 2 maps, the 25% relates to the combined player accessible (playable) space:
GO-pKkHXcAAz4Mc
Yeah it looks like both maps together are twice the size of the first game but large parts of both maps are inaccessible hence the 125% number.

To be honest I don't really mind that much. Never had a feeling in KCD1 that it felt too small.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
For the first game.....did they ever fix the ridiculously non intuitive lockpick mechanic? I remember that was where i stopped playing because they made you have to do it as part of the story and didn't give you unlimited lockpicks to try, or even have a source of them close by if you ran out.

Denton

For the first game.....did they ever fix the ridiculously non intuitive lockpick mechanic? I remember that was where i stopped playing because they made you have to do it as part of the story and didn't give you unlimited lockpicks to try, or even have a source of them close by if you ran out.
They added simplified lockpicking, can be enabled in menu. But lockpicking simply requires practice and improving the skill. You can get plenty of lockpicks in the game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, i grabbed the original (royal edition that includes all the DLC) for PS4 for less than $10. Its on sale until tomorrow! Gonna dig in on PS5 tonight

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Enjoy ! do not hesitate to share your impressions

I didn't get too much time with it last night, but what i've played so far i love. You can tell that they put alot of care into the setting, lore and areas. LOVE what i've heard of the soundtrack so far too.....very fitting for the setting. Graphically it looks really nice on PS5, i have FOV set to 70 i believe (one below max) and i dropped gamma a couple since it looked a bit bright on default. Playing on a Bravia 65in OLED.

Looking forward to more time with this later today!

Last edited:

Dazraell

Was your tier promising a free version of the sequel?
If I remember correctly, original Kickstarter was for the complete story and later down the line devs made a decision to split the game to two parts with KCD1 being Act 1 and Act 2, and KCD2 being Act 3

Denton

If I remember correctly, original Kickstarter was for the complete story and later down the line devs made a decision to split the game to two parts with KCD1 being Act 1 and Act 2, and KCD2 being Act 3
It went like this:

Originally they wanted to make a large game taking place in multiple maps, with a large publisher.
After all large publishers dragged their feet and Warhorse were running out of money, they decided to go to kickstarter and get the funding from there + their private investor (who needed KS to see there is interest). As a result Warhorse decided to first release a smaller part of the game ("act 1" with 20 hours of gameplay) with further acts II and III to follow later (each about 20-30 hours).
However, within first year after the kickstarter, this whole Acts idea proved to be idiotic and got scrapped, Warhorse instead decided to make one large game (100+ hours of gameplay) eventhough taking place on one map.

But, they decided to honor that original "promise" of future acts being provided for Duke-level backers and give them KCD2 for free, eventhough KCD2 is lot bigger than some "acts" that were in the original KCD pitch.

Mephisto40

I really hope they make the parrying more accessible in the new game, I found myself stopping playing the first one after getting attacked by a bunch of dudes and having absolutely no way of defending myself, and this after playing probably half the game, so it wasn't like I stopped playing after the first few encounters

Last edited:

Trilobit

I really hope they make the parrying more accessible in the new game, I found myself stopping playing the first one after getting attacked by a bunch of dudes and having absolutely no way of defending myself, and this after playing probably half the game, so it wasn't like I stopped playing after the first few encounters
StYHO.gif

---

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove these HUD-elements or at least only have them appear temporarily on the console version in Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1? I'm playing on my OLED TV and really don't want any burn-ins after I've played 300 hours. Otherwise I hope they implement it in the next game.
yBf196m.png

Jinzo Prime

Just got this email, nice:

drIqG3F.png

It went like this:

Originally they wanted to make a large game taking place in multiple maps, with a large publisher.
After all large publishers dragged their feet and Warhorse were running out of money, they decided to go to kickstarter and get the funding from there + their private investor (who needed KS to see there is interest). As a result Warhorse decided to first release a smaller part of the game ("act 1" with 20 hours of gameplay) with further acts II and III to follow later (each about 20-30 hours).
However, within first year after the kickstarter, this whole Acts idea proved to be idiotic and got scrapped, Warhorse instead decided to make one large game (100+ hours of gameplay) eventhough taking place on one map.

But, they decided to honor that original "promise" of future acts being provided for Duke-level backers and give them KCD2 for free, eventhough KCD2 is lot bigger than some "acts" that were in the original KCD pitch.

That's crazy, I've never seen devs support their fans/backers that much. I was already planning on buying it, but it has to be a day one or preorder for me now.

You need to complete training with captain Bernard to become proficient in sword fighting, it's part mandatory and part optional. The optional part is easy to miss but you return to him after the quest where you learn to block to learn master strike. Combat is a breeze after that.

Denton

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove these HUD-elements or at least only have them appear temporarily on the console version in Kingdom Come: Deliverance 1?
Unfortunately removal of this stuff is only possible on PC (although I think the healthbar at the bottom gets hidden completely if you play in hardcore mode, which is present in console version and which I recommend).
That said I use 10 year old plasma (famous for "burn-in" problems), played KCD for 200 hours and had no issues, any image retention gets cleaned quickly by the integrated scroll bar.

abuislam

Neo Member
Exciting news about Kingdom Come: Deliverance II! The detailed medieval setting and immersive RPG elements sound fantastic. Looking forward to diving back into Henry's journey and exploring the rich world of 15th Century Bohemia. Can’t wait to see how the story unfolds and how the new features enhance the experience!

MMaRsu

I find it so pathetic that people like Vinny Carevella and Jeff Gerstmann still have some weird stick up their ass about this game.

But they'll play Ubisoft games no problem, even though those people are actual sexual predators in charge of the games.

Senua

I find it so pathetic that people like Vinny Carevella and Jeff Gerstmann still have some weird stick up their ass about this game.

But they'll play Ubisoft games no problem, even though those people are actual sexual predators in charge of the games.
I used to love Giant bomb but they went woke real fast in the early 2010s. They lived in San Fran so it's to be expected but yea it was really fucking lame when they just ignored the first game because of Vavra's political leanings. I don't expect any change, but those guys have kinda lost all relevance since GB split anywho.

Top Bottom