• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Falk

that puzzling face
Anecdotally, on the JP version,
Lingering Will
was giving me a lot more trouble than I thought it would. The usual parry combo I used for the last part of the desperation simply wasn't working. Pretty sure there's a very slight input->display lag on my current setup compared to when I was playing PS2.

Had to change things up
(essentially always had to be sure to have mana, spam reflect instead of parry)
and he went boom.

Soriku

Assuming I'm playing lvl 1 Critical Mode in KH2:

1. Out of the club choices (Strength, Defense, or Magic boost) before you fight Seifer, which one is best?

2. When you choose between the Sword, Shield, and Staff, which one is best? The OP says Shield, but I'm wondering if that also extends to lvl 1 CM.

Caladrius

So why is shield so much better than sword and staff in KH2FM?

Ability set. Shield gets both one more and second chance first this time, and the revamp to the magic system makes Staff significantly less useful.

Assuming I'm playing lvl 1 Critical Mode in KH2:
2. When you choose between the Sword, Shield, and Staff, which one is best? The OP says Shield, but I'm wondering if that also extends to lvl 1 CM.
Even without the abilities, the defense boost is still worthwhile in the early game.

J-Spot

Even the standard edition is only available via 3rd party sellers
I think it shows up that way because one of their partners is offering it up for $1 cheaper. If you look to the right under the more buying options section you can get it from Amazon.com.

Goddamn, that extra Finishing Plus lets Roxas do some absolutely crazy shit with his air combo when he's
dual-wielding
. I love Critical difficulty so much.

Famassu

I'm upset they changed some music for this game.
The Twilight Town theme was my favourite :(
Why would you be upset for what are pretty much all (with maybe an exception of one or two) improvements over the originals? The remastered OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> original OST.

I was excited when my Amazon order arrived. Until I saw it like this...

097F375D-40E4-4DDB-99C9-345CE47887BC_zpslxsqanut.jpg

180F075C-99F2-4B66-8F16-DD378CD69587_zpso1wg7usl.jpg

I could just unfold that bend but the bend mark kind of bothers me. I think I'm gona play through CoM before starting 2.5 though.

I got all the trophies on Critical... which I don't really recommend, unless you like that kind of thing. Might be better for normal people to get all trophies on Beginner, than just finish the game on Critical once.

Fighting all the Org 13 guys again in Critical is as fun as eating an asbestos Popsicle.

Proud and Critical trophies stack this time, so you only have to play the game once, technically.

Nice that you don't have to do all the Gummy Missions, and don't even have to get all the treasures (you don't have to kill the Reaper's Wheel in one hit, you can skip that treasure). Just make the almighty doughnut and you'll be fine.

The Lingering Will dude... idk, I had to eventually do with spamming Air Side Slash (not sure what English name is) as fast as possible.

neither

Why would you be upset for what are pretty much all (with maybe an exception of one or two) improvements over the originals? The remastered OST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> original OST.
I played KH 2 like a million times and the original ost is classic!
Now, I haven't heard the rest of the remastered songs, so I hope they are not bad.
R.I.P Lazy Afternoons thoo ;-;

I could just unfold that bend but the bend mark kind of bothers me. I think I'm gona play through CoM before starting 2.5 though.

Samething happened to me I wouldn't blame amazon, the blame is on SE for giving us a cardboard box instead of something similar like 1.5

Falk

that puzzling face
I heard that there's lag when doing the drives and d-links. Is this true.

You go into a brief 'bullet time' slowdown while drive form assets load. This was an unnoticeable split second on the PS2 version and roughly 2 seconds in 2.5. That aside, I don't think 'lag' means what you think it means.

Soulflarz

Banned
You go into a brief 'bullet time' slowdown while drive form assets load. This was an unnoticeable split second on the PS2 version and roughly 2 seconds in 2.5. That aside, I don't think 'lag' means what you think it means.

Oh its definitely longer than 2

so to answer....youre invincible, but yeah, youre waiting.

Oh its definitely longer than 2

so to answer....youre invincible, but yeah, youre waiting.

It's definitely enough to be noticeable. I think I did Valor Form in the Land of Dragons earlier and it took a good 4-5 seconds. Far cry from the near-instant the PS2 had (then again, I remember KH2 pushing the PS2 pretty hard back in its day).

There's also sometimes a lag when opening chests in rapid succession.

SMH I know what it means it's just that the issue wasn't what I though it was

Go to Best Buy and pick up a copy and then return the smashed one.
Actually I also preordered from gamestop, I just haven't picked up the game yet. I'm hoping the box will be okay too. If not I'll resort to BB if it's really necessary.
Samething happened to me I wouldn't blame amazon, the blame is on SE for giving us a cardboard box instead of something similar like 1.5
Yeah I was expecting the same treatment as 1.5 but I'm not sure what it is like. I'm assuming it's a regular case?

jrush64

Banned
I was able to get it from newegg.com

I bought the limited edition from them, but they seem to have downgraded it to the normal edition.

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to take on No. 4 without quick run to see if I could do it. Yeah, there's no way I'm going to beat the challenge without it.

Mine was like this to but what pissed me off was that the shipping box from UPS was in perfect condition. All Amazon would give me was $12 credit even though they sent me a damaged one.

Mine was slightly damaged, but not like that. Mostly pin fell in box.
USB drive I ordered though was so roughed up it fell out of the package.
Keep in mind this game was mixed in with Black Friday deliveries...

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Amazon needs to stop shipping easily crushed cardboard boxes in bubble envelopes and properly put them in a box. Mine only had minor damage but they pulled the same shit with Bravely Default's collector's edition and pretty much everybody's was badly crushed.

Actually I also preordered from gamestop, I just haven't picked up the game yet. I'm hoping the box will be okay too. If not I'll resort to BB if it's really necessary.

Yeah I was expecting the same treatment as 1.5 but I'm not sure what it is like. I'm assuming it's a regular case?

Inside the cardboard box there's a regular ps3 plastic case inside identical like the cardboard box. There's nothing "limited" about this set outside the pin, but I don't complain since it was a free a upgrade. Amazon just gets a tiny blame or packaging it in a bubble envelop but SE decision it's just.. smh

LAA

Ouch for the battered boxes.
Hoping the CE from Shopto isnt like that. Though even if they don't cause it, I'd also have to worry about the condition they get sent the CEs in.

RPGCrazied

Ouch for the battered boxes.
Hoping the CE from Shopto isnt like that. Though even if they don't cause it, I'd also have to worry about the condition they get sent the CEs in.

My LE had a little bend on the spine, at the bottom. I can live with that, considering many people have it much worse than me. I guess you could contact SE, maybe they would send you a new box.

Holmes

I hate how the Heartless are treated as jokes in this game (at least in the beginning) after they were so feared in the first game. It's like "hurr durr Pete's army of Heartless, what a joke".

Is anyone having issues with the command going down to another menu while attacking? I know I'm not pressing the d-pad at all but it still scrolls to another command right in the middle of attacking.

I hate how the Heartless are treated as jokes in this game (at least in the beginning) after they were so feared in the first game. It's like "hurr durr Pete's army of Heartless, what a joke".

Well to be fair it was just Shadow heartless. Hardly the most threatening one out there.

Marcel

Don't forget in the same part: "yeah we fuckin killed Maleficent in the last game she dead lmao".

Yo I just noticed something. Where is my #teamsword? The best team here is missing in a lot of posts! I see a lot of staff and shield for some odd reason. KH is about mobility and reflect so getting hit is something you should be avoiding most of the time anyways excluding the cheap ass attacks.

Top Bottom