• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Kain

The difficulty in the prologue is no indicative of the actual difficulty of the rest of the game, Roxas just lacks the skills to succeed. Just bear with it and endure till you get to Sora I guess xD

I might attempt Birth by Sleep on Critical, but considering I never beat the optional bosses there on NORMAL I don't expect much success.

Birth By Sleep Critical is pretty badly balanced tho. I wouldn't recommend it really unless you want the trophies. Proud is more fun.

Critical mode in BBS for me just boils down to using few overpowered commands and shotlocks because anything else takes five hours to kill some enemies unless you grind levels.

Of course I'll play on Critical cause I need that plat...

Birth By Sleep Critical is pretty badly balanced tho. I wouldn't recommend it really unless you want the trophies. Proud is more fun.

Critical mode in BBS for me just boils down to using few overpowered commands and shotlocks because anything else takes five hours to kill some enemies unless you grind levels.

This is disappointing to hear :(. I might stick with Proud then, anyway, at least for the first playthrough. I played BbS on Normal last time because I wanted to speed through it; my PSP was on its last legs and of course the PSPgo couldn't play BbS

Seda

beware of

Mandrake_KHBBS.png

eff these things

Meowster

Starting out on Proud mode and then going on to Critical whenever I decide to replay the game. God damn. It's been so long since I last played. I think it must have been 2007/8 because my disc got scratched beyond relief and I already did everything.

Taking me back a little.

Kikujiro

It's really about adaptation, I played 1.5 on normal the first time and it was rough. Then later when I replayed it on Proud it was a breeze, I ran through it with no problem.

xewind

Just finished Roxas prologue, now on to Sora's adventure :D. Decided to start KH2FM on proud mode first, because I haven't played the game from start to finish in a long time. I'll do critical mode later on for sure as I want the plat for this.

Edit: Thanks for the avatar!!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Aerith is the only voice I really don't like in II.

Aerith's voice in KH2 sounded like dried seaweed mixed with sandpaper. I could not tolerate her speaking, and she stuck out like a sore thumb. Why could they not get the KH1 voice actor back i'll never figure out, she was actually pretty good. And the crisis core and advent children aerith was even better.

Kinsei

Banned
Can you recall if the difficulty evens out? I'm feeling pretty bummed that there is no middle ground. Normal is a sedative and Proud makes me pissed off. If I'm restarting this delightful prologue I'd like to do it now. And not regret sticking with the difficulty 30 hours from now.

What are you having trouble with in the Station of Awakening? The regular enemies or the boss? The regular enemies can be stun locked by repeating XX/\ until they die.

As with all Kingdom Hearts games, the beginning is the hardest due to your lack of abilities. Once you beat Twilight Town and the next world it should start to even out.

Aerith's voice in KH2 sounded like dried seaweed mixed with sandpaper. I could not tolerate her speaking, and she stuck out like a sore thumb. Why could they not get the KH1 voice actor back i'll never figure out, she was actually pretty good. And the crisis core and advent children aerith was even better.

I'm not a fan of the new-voiced cutscenes -- you can tell, say,
Quintin Flynn
has aged and doesn't sound as spry as he did back in 2004. Among other issues.

It's jarring. Like, "Haley Joel Osment in Dream Drop Distance" jarring.

Korezo

I doubt i'm getting my CE today. Went through local 2 post offices within 2 days.

4f71f75795.png

Mine looks similar, I hope I get today or Im a just try pick it up at the post office.

Edit: Just recieved mine, item was just in a box with no padding so it got creeses on the edges and side of box. Shit sucks.

RPGCrazied

Got it like an hour ago. Dat soundtrack. Didn't know they remastered it too, sounds different. Also, did they revoice stuff? Maybe its just been awhile since I played, sounds different. Some textures look redrawn too, to me. The box is uber thick, what were they thinking? Probably leave the pin in the box.

Man I still kinda want this to be ported to PS4, but at 30€ I also reaaaaally want to pick it up as soon as possible, and a port was never even rumored so it's probably nonsense to wait :/

How're you guys liking the new ost compared to the original?

I love it! Very well done, almost every track has been improved (holy crap at the Land of Dragons.)

This was easily the hardest thing about watching the remade Days cutscenes.

I don't remember it being really noticeable in Days, but it's been a year since I watched it and I'm pretty sure I watched it while doing homework or something similar.

It just really annoys me in KH2 I think because it can literally be the very next scene, you'll see the same character and he sounds dramatically different. I know it can't be helped, but it does draw me out of the experience, I guess.

SerTapTap

Hmmm...I have not been notified about a delivery date for my collector's edition order...should I be worried?

Is it from the Squeenix store via that weirda patapata or whatever fullfiller? I received my delivery completely without getting tracking. So it's not unusual, but still not reassuring.

robotrock

Banned
Did the limited edition of this game have artbook packaging??

edit: nevermind, I see now it's just a big cardboard box with a pin

I don't remember it being really noticeable in Days, but it's been a year since I watched it and I'm pretty sure I watched it while doing homework or something similar.

I watched Re:COM and Days in theater mode back-to-back over the last couple days. It's really jarring how much less animated his Axel performance is in the added scenes in Days. Granted, I'll chalk a lot of that up to really awkward lip-sync pacing, but the vocal variation is still really dialed down in a way that I didn't notice even in recent games like 3D. (I also didn't notice it nearly as much with any other character, including Roxas who has way more speaking lines than anyone else.)

For a character whose popularity rests so much on his charisma, it's a little disheartening.

Luigi87

Okay finally got my copy.

"That was undeniable proof that we totally owned you lamers."

Seifer is totally shway.
Kudos to whomever gets it.

Did KH2 give options on camera inverted or normal camera control?
I remember FF12 not, but I can't remember if KH2 was in the same backwards Squeenix-boat.

Falk

that puzzling face
Did KH2 give options on camera inverted or normal camera control?
I remember FF12 not, but I can't remember if KH2 was in the same backwards Squeenix-boat.

Camera inversion (both horizontal and vertical) are in options of virtually every KH game. I don't understand why the horizontal default is the way it is. HEY WHEN I PRESS RIGHT I EXPECT THE CAMERA TO PAN RIGHT :mad:

Starting now on Critical.

Anybody got an ability list with where you learn certain abilities by choosing Shield/Staff/Sword etc?

Also anybody take either of these avy's?
2ahCpkn.png
9FjQsRh.png

NAPK1NS

What are you having trouble with in the Station of Awakening? The regular enemies or the boss? The regular enemies can be stun locked by repeating XX/ until they die.

As with all Kingdom Hearts games, the beginning is the hardest due to your lack of abilities. Once you beat Twilight Town and the next world it should start to even out.
I just can't get the boss. And the structure is so formulaic that repeating it over and over is grating. -_-

So bummed! I assumed that the difficulty was tweaked for normal with the Final Mix release since so many people complained. Silly think to assume, I guess.

Tirod

Amazon packaging really did a number on my copy of the Limited Edition. :( Super bummed about it too since Persona Q Collector's Edition was packaged nicely.

Time to finely start playing though, gotta get through Twilight Town ASAP.

Luigi87

I just can't get the boss. And the structure is so formulaic that repeating it over and over is grating. -_-

So bummed! I assumed that the difficulty was tweaked for normal with the Final Mix release since so many people complained. Silly think to assume, I guess.

Easiest way is to spam Reaction Commands, get 1-2 attacks in on Twilight Thorn, and keep spamming (and use potions or defeat the Creepers to heal).

They may be called Reaction Commands, but the name is really a farce, because you can spam triangle throughout the game when they come up, and they're guaranteed to work.

Holmes

Ugh, beat Hayner at the struggle match with 199 orbs. SO CLOSE.

edit: dat bitch on GAF and win phenomenon. <3

She was voiced by Mandy Moore in KH1, so money

Also AC Aerith is the same as KH2 Aerith

Mecha

When the battle starts mash triangle to get through the reaction command stuff.

Afterwards when he's laying on the ground jump and do an X string in the air, jump again, and repeat.

When he gets up he will move backwards out of the stage and move forward on the ground moving his arms around. You can jump over the arms, go all the way back to the end of the stage, or the left and right corners to avoid the attack.

When the attack finishes his head will be on the ground, he will summon nobodies and shoot black and white string confetti at you. You can mash triangle and square at the same time to avoid most of the confetti, you can just run away from the nobodies he summoned and mash triangle, and you can kill the nobodies he summoned for extra health.

After he runs out of confetti he will stand up and shoot more out at you while moving around the field. You can move back some and press triangle to fly up and hopefully get some shots in his face, but if you are low on health I suggest finding one of the nobodies he sends out to get some extra HP.

He will more than likely repeat the triangle QTE again if you don't kill him after this point. You deal a fair amount of damage during and after the QTE so you could easily kill him while doing it a second time. There's a chance that he might go in the middle of the stage and charge up an attack while shooting confetti at you. For that I suggest running along the edges of the field while pressing triangle every now and then to avoid attacks so the charge attack doesn't kill you.

Bladenic

I chose Proud for my first playhrough, which shouldn't be too bad. Thinking about some bosses on Critical is already giving me heart palpitations though
Xaldin and possibly Demyx especially

Caladrius

Part 3 of the boss guide is almost done. Should cover Sephiroth and Orgy members 13 through 8.

They may be called Reaction Commands, but the name is really a farce, because you can spam triangle throughout the game when they come up, and they're guaranteed to work.

Well, there is that one exception with Xemnas, though there's no real penalty for failing it.

I chose Proud for my first playhrough, which shouldn't be too bad. Thinking about some bosses on Critical is already giving me heart palpitations though
Xaldin and possibly Demyx especially

Demyx isn't that much worse than he is normally. It's his Data Replica that's a pain in the ass.

Is the Ultima Weapon still the same method in KH2FM? Or is it different.

Mostly the same, though you'll have to get at least one of each synth item in the game to get it to show up in the synth shop, which means you'll have to go after some of the new synth materials. It's nowhere near as bad as the additional synth stuff in KH1FM, though. Beating one of the optional Chain of Memories Org. XIII members, completing at least one Mushroon XIII challenge, and a quick trip to Cavern of Remembrance to loot some treasure chests should get you those additional synth materials.

Namikaze

So I'm playing through the Roxas section right now and for some reason, it's not bothering me as much as it did on PS2. I remember trying to do another play through of KH2 vanilla a few years ago and I ended up quitting halfway into the Roxas stuff. I'm actually enjoying this time. The game looks amazing in 1080p.

Top Bottom