• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Yo I just noticed something. Where is my #teamsword? The best team here is missing in a lot of posts! I see a lot of staff and shield for some odd reason. KH is about mobility and reflect so getting hit is something you should be avoiding most of the time anyways excluding the cheap ass attacks.

That's kinda difficult for people who are playing the games for the first time - you need to know the enemies attack patterns etc.

Yo I just noticed something. Where is my #teamsword? The best team here is missing in a lot of posts! I see a lot of staff and shield for some odd reason. KH is about mobility and reflect so getting hit is something you should be avoiding most of the time anyways excluding the cheap ass attacks.

#teamshield dominates KH2FM so badly it's not even funny. #teamstaff owns KH1.

#teamsword can have Re:Coded I guess

Grieves

Does watching Coded unlock anything in the other games like watching Days unlocked cards in Chain of Memories?

Can you unlock any abilities in level 1 or are you just forced to play with a 3-hit combo for the entirety of the game?
You get most abilities from defeating bosses/events and leveling up forms. You miss some that you get from leveling up but they balance that by giving extra abilities in Critical Mode.

The biggest thing you will miss is Once More+Second Chance+Leaf Bracer

Marcel

I'm playing with the Shield for the first time since this is my first revisit of KH2 since the PS2 days. Not brave enough to play on Critical though.

Psxphile

Limited Edition arrived just before I headed off to work yesterday. Never fails. Anyway, I tore right into it when I got back and played for about 2-3 hours straight. KHIIFM, Critical, #TeamShield. Even (for the first time) made over 1300 munny during Day 2 for the +2 AP bonus (and watermelon Roxas will never eat). Gotta say, this is my first time playing in Critical as well and while I appreciate the extra boosts (dat Finisher Plus) the game was still mopping the floor with me, especially Twilight Thorn. I could barely get my attacks in during his "confetti" spam for fear of death. Stopped at Day 6 and went to sleep.

Woke up, typed this and now I want to play again. This feeling... only Kingdom Hearts can make me feel this way.

Is that a Space Invaders keyblade on the cover..? (The pixel one top left ish)

Q8MnCJP.png

That's the Zero-One, the only unique Keyblade Data-Sora can get in Re:Coded. For some reason Nomura saw fit to add it with the others on the box art when seeing and equipping it is impossible in II.5 ReMix.

What they should have done is added it as a secret prize in KHIIFM/BBSFM when you "complete" Re:Coded, like the extra Attack Cards you can get in Re:CoM. Maybe have Sora find a new chest tucked away in Space Paranoids or
Data Twilight Town

KingClown

I'll stand with ya, #TeamSword now and forever.

Still haven't gotten a chance to start up the games yet, gotta watch my dogs during the day, one had leg surgery about a week ago and can't walk around too much yet, he's starting to get better though. At latest I should be able to start up this weekend. Gonna marathon the series starting from 1.5. Looking forward to it, been years since I last played the series.

Valnen

Mine was like this to but what pissed me off was that the shipping box from UPS was in perfect condition. All Amazon would give me was $12 credit even though they sent me a damaged one.

If my box is fucked up they better offer more than $12 credit. Holy shit Amazon. Maybe it's timer to stop doing business with them?

Bladenic

Sucks to hear about you guys' boxes, mine was in great/perfect condition.

Anyway at Beast's Castle now after LoD. You know, both KH games take a bit to get going, but once they do, they become so awesome and fun.

Holmes

I'm finding so many AP Boosts in chests all over, it's ridiculous. Gotta feed 'em all to Sora. This game is so fun once you get some good abilities. Sliding Dash and combo abilities make fighting so much more fun.

RetroMG

This Roxas prologue goes on waaaaay too long. I know I'm not saying anything groundbreaking by saying that, but.. damn, man.

#teamsword, mostly because I was tired and didn't want to look up what the commonly accepted "best choice" was, and now that I see that GAF says shield, I will be damned if I have to re-play any more of this stupid prologue to go back and change it.

Psxphile

I didn't know this was a thing :lol

I didn't either until just recently. I always just got the required amount and went on. You can even get the max amount (2000 munny) but all that does is force you into the next segment against your will.

What sucks is that you don't even get to keep any of that hard-earned money. :(

I didn't either until just recently. I always just got the required amount and went on. You can even get the max amount (2000 munny) but all that does is force you into the next segment against your will.

What sucks is that you don't even get to keep any of that hard-earned money. :(

I'm pretty sure Sora has it all on his wake up but maybe they changed it up in FM. Anyways time to go through the Prologue.

Used to be #teamsword, but then realized how good #teamstaff was and now with critical difficulty how much you really need to go #teamshied.

Interested in this for some odd reason. Has anyone ever lost to the Dusk Roxas meets for the first time on purpose?

I was thinking of doing it just to see a game over screen early or if its even possible. I'll probably do it on my crit run.

Psxphile

I'm pretty sure Sora has it all on his wake up but maybe they changed it up in FM. Anyways time to go through the Prologue.

You lose the money you made at the end of Day 2 (it was in the Munny Pouch). The money you make afterwards however does get transferred to Sora, but not many people are going to want to spam the jobs after Day 2. Better to wait until you have Sora and it can count towards Jiminy Journal completion.

Jigolo

Whats the best battle style for critical mode?

God fucking dsmnit what the hell is duel stance? I keep dying

Whats the best battle style for critical mode?

Don't get hit.

Can you explain this? I thought it just gave you a +1 in an attribute and overall didn't really change anything. Then again, I've always picked the sword

The toy weapon you choose at the beginning gives you +1 attribute. The real deal you choose later changes the order you gain abilities from level ups.

God fucking dsmnit what the hell is duel stance? I keep dying

If you mean the reaction command the command menu goes blank for a few seconds, then one of the command slots fills. If you can pick that one fast you win the duel. You can avoid it by not using the QTE.

"Master Yen Sid lives HERE!?"

Goddammit, Donald... you were here during the BBS era.

I figured he was just confused because Twilight Town is a place he'd never been, and yet he ended up at the Mysterious Tower by taking a train out of the Twilight Town station...

So if I'm on the 5th day with Roxas, should I just start over and go with shield, or just keep on going?

Keep going. It's not end of the world. The main thing that makes Shield good is that you get Once More and Second Chance earliest and they are the best abilities in the game. For shield the levels you get these are 25 and 49, sword gets them at 47 and 65. Sword gets other things earlier.

Tsunamo

I figured he was just confused because Twilight Town is a place he'd never been, and yet he ended up at the Mysterious Tower by taking a train out of the Twilight Town station...
You know, that's a really good way for that retcon Nomura did to make sense.

Certainly better than the tower changes appearance/shape/form so they don't recognise it.

NAPK1NS

When the battle starts mash triangle to get through the reaction command stuff.

Afterwards when he's laying on the ground jump and do an X string in the air, jump again, and repeat.

When he gets up he will move backwards out of the stage and move forward on the ground moving his arms around. You can jump over the arms, go all the way back to the end of the stage, or the left and right corners to avoid the attack.

When the attack finishes his head will be on the ground, he will summon nobodies and shoot black and white string confetti at you. You can mash triangle and square at the same time to avoid most of the confetti, you can just run away from the nobodies he summoned and mash triangle, and you can kill the nobodies he summoned for extra health.

After he runs out of confetti he will stand up and shoot more out at you while moving around the field. You can move back some and press triangle to fly up and hopefully get some shots in his face, but if you are low on health I suggest finding one of the nobodies he sends out to get some extra HP.

He will more than likely repeat the triangle QTE again if you don't kill him after this point. You deal a fair amount of damage during and after the QTE so you could easily kill him while doing it a second time. There's a chance that he might go in the middle of the stage and charge up an attack while shooting confetti at you. For that I suggest running along the edges of the field while pressing triangle every now and then to avoid attacks so the charge attack doesn't kill you.
Yo, I forgot to thank you for helping me out. What a nice gesture! Your tip about killing the other nobodies for health really helped me out. The three potions weren't enough. I'll stick with this mode. Worst comes to worst I can just put on some music and grind around if I get stuck. Thanks again!

Is this game worth playing on the proud difficulty or whatever the hardest one for the trophy is? How frustrating will it be? I've played it before years ago but tbh I didn't think it was any better than the first game especially the story it was all so convoluted.

I haven't beaten critical mode before, but so far I'm finding it to be challenging, not frustrating.

- I'm actually having to use items when I make mistakes to not die, as opposed to just eating damage on proud

- I'm actually having to dodge/wait/use reaction commands to fight effectively, as opposed to mashing X on proud (some exceptions, of course)

- The starting moves you get are so helpful. Starting with Lucky Strike alone is going to be nice if you plan on synthesizing a lot down the road.

All of these are contributing to my added enjoyment of the game which I've played 5-6 times years ago. I highly recommend it.

If anyone is doing a Proud run and struggling with Twilight Thorn, I recommend going back and forth between the save point and station to kill more Dusks and level up to at least 3 or 4.

I almost died to it at lvl 2 already! Thankfully had 4 potions with the dusk kills. Guess I need to be more careful with the future boss fights.

BTW killing Dusks after using reversal reaction command is a good way to get potions. Has a higher chance of drop rate, at least for me.

Top Bottom