• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

Wow, the beauty and beast medal is fantastic.
LVL. 100, STR 7313 / DEF 7313, 6.925 Multiplier @ Max Guilt
5 gauge cost, AOE, tier 5, increases general strength by 3x for 1 turn, and removes targer's status effects.

This shit is straight up better than ikairi in some circumstances. Buy the VIP deal and then one of the cupid boards, then throw SP1 on her you have one of the best buffers in the game. Seriously, buy this deal if you don't have a 3x tier general strength buffer. The balancing factor of this medal is that there's not a good enough keyblade multiplier in the first 2 slots to boost her damage up to something special. Once we get SP2 & ATB III you could move her further down the slot numbers and use her as an actual damage dealer(and have a different buffer in the first two slots).

Azuran

Banned
Wow, the beauty and beast medal is fantastic.
LVL. 100, STR 7313 / DEF 7313, 6.925 Multiplier @ Max Guilt
5 gauge cost, AOE, tier 5, increases general strength by 3x for 1 turn, and removes targer's status effects.

This shit is straight up better than ikairi in some circumstances. Buy the VIP deal and the one of the cupid boards, then throw SP1 on her you have one of the best buffers in the game. Seriously, buy this deal if you don't have a 3x tier general strength buffer.

Welp, time to buy it. Dispel means I won't have to slot Alice or Owl into my setups ever again.

Psxphile

Not sure if want. I already have Sebastian w/ SP1, which has been instrumental in helping me clear those damn MoG quests and other tough nuts. Though adding the debuff function AND having it be 1 SP cheaper (even with SP1 you gotta have enough SP for initial activation) AND guiltable would be nice. Not going to be guilting Sebastian anytime soon. Don't even need to buy an Avatar pack, I can just pass Sebastian's SP1 over to iBatB.

Thirty bucks, tho. And last week's special quests are gone. Really could have used those 'munks.

image.png

lol this is a little ridiculous (Xaldin quest 13).

Edit: I rolled a freakin' 77% for Xaldin B, blegh. Still stronger than a 100% Marluxia A if he's in slot 5, though.
7334 STR/7225 DEF, 4.71 multiplier when in slot 5 (3.48 otherwise)

Ariel & Flounder
Owl (79%)
Jack & Sally w/ AB2+APP
Final Form Sora (100%) w/ AB3 Max
Marluxia A (100%) w/ AB3 Max
Shared boosted 100% WOFF Sephiroth w/ AB3 Max

Oh and my Nova is Lv. 436

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just got the giant egg 3 times in a row on the Advanced fight. I love those 500 event coins for beating them.

deanote666

I still can only get it in 2 turns.

Illustrated Xion
Sebastain
KHII Kairi with ABI
WoFF Squall 96% w/ ABIII max
Flobermeow 100% w/ ABII max

Borrowed 100% WoFF medal with ABIII max, marluxia A 100%, marluxia B 100%, etc.

No J&S

Nova level 393.

Ilvocare

Another maintenance? This one seemed rather sudden. Guess I won't be logging in today.

There was a notice for it posted during the weekend.

in other news holy hell the Xaldin B final quest is fucking NUTS

it really feels like it's a GDD check

so I pulled

monkey's paw, I got iAnsem, who I'm sure will be really useful LATER but not so much right NOW

or maybe he is?

Of note:

-level 205 nova
-Divine Rose +30
-Got Ariel with Second Chance
-my Xiggy B hit 100% guilt after some minor mirror coaxing, I gave him AB2MAX since it seemed like a waste to give him AB3+Lux
-J&S and WoFF Yuna are current buffer/debuffers, debating on whether replacing one of them with iAnsem would help
-Marl B has AB3Max and only 60% guilt. If necessary I COULD dump the 40 mirrors he needs to hit max right NOW.
-friend medal is WoFF Seph boosted with max guilt and AB3Max (i.e. same as Speeds)

ideas?

reminder that as of now iAnsem is my ONLY GDD medal, not counting single-attack medals like fucking Xig B

Azuran

Banned
Freaking hell, the last Xaldin mission is pretty dumb. Xigbar B at 95% with Attack Boost III and a friend Key Art #3 with Attack Boost III Max at 150% wasn't enough to take him down. And this was after two GDD (iXion and Owl) and 100% Final Form Sora.

/sigh, is this going to be another one of those instances where not having access to Jack and Sally is going to screw me over again? Maybe I should spent 10 of my mirrors to increase my Nova by 50. I have a lot of 24% farmable medals that I'm too lazy to work on anymore.

deanote666

Got my WoFF Squall to 100% and nova level 404.

I can get it to 2 health bars when I can borrow a key art #2 130%.

Olympia level 26

Sebastian
KHII Kairi
Casual Roxas
WoFF Squall 100% w/ ABIII max
Xigbar B 91% w/ ABIII

To above post, I can borrow Marluxia B 100% but only does 1 hit with attack +3, speed +2, speed defense -3 but may just be a power drop for being a borrowed medal.

Famassu

I guess it'll be time to return to KHUX if Brooms are finally in. Haven't really been playing much in the past 2-3 weeks, even forgetting to log in daily for maybe half of that time. But with the announcement of Union X and Brooms, I guess I'll have to try to keep up again.

Now, what to use the Broom for. Xemnas A since my Power medals are, somewhat ironically, not very powered (except Meowjesty) in comparison to all the Master Xehanorts, Marluxia Bs, Donalds and such on the speed & power side? Illustrated Sora & Pals because that is, IIRC, super rare, even though magic medals aren't really my weakness atm? Wait until I get my second ever Illustrated medal and see if that's something crazy awesome and if it is use it on that?

I'm in the same boat. I'm paranoid if I use it on something, I'll regret it. Illustrated Sora & Pals, iAnsem, HD Riku, Boosted Black Coat Riku B?

c-murph

Hmmmm... M&B... Thinking I should use it on one of the 5 Tier medals I have with 3 pips... but then again maybe I should save it.

Hmmmm... M&B... Thinking I should use it on one of the 5 Tier medals I have with 3 pips... but then again maybe I should save it.

Not sure why so many people are in a hurry to use it.
I mean it's best to save it because who knows how hard these things will be to get..
Unless someone has a 5 pipped medal, they shouldn't use it right now.

deanote666

We get the brooms after I used 23 mirrors on my WoFF Squall... (guilted during this guilting event).

So if they add brooms to avatar boards, they will probably raise the price to 3000, 3500 Jewels because they will know people will buy them...

deanote666

Why not?

Also, I'm two pips away from guilting Jack & Sally. >.>

Unless they're event medals or medals that aren't in the draw pools, you'll eventually see more of the tier 3 you want to guilt.

Tier 4's on the other hand are a lot more rare and harder to get a hold of. (J&S is a tier 4 btw)

The only tier 4 I have guilted is the one they gave us in the VIP boards while I have most of the tier 3 at least guilted (a lot aren't max %)..

Because most of our good deals are all epics or above. So guilting a tier 3 would be a waste when you have a high chance to pull it.

Well, Jack & Sally was a HSC reward that will most likely never get released again, so I have no issue with adding an extra pip to it. Also, it's a tier 4 medal.

I could also guilt Sebastian, but that wouldn't be nearly as useful.

When does the guilt campaign end, again? I hope that they'll release another Mickey & Brooms next week or something.

Psxphile

M&B in the wild brehs.

Now to hoarde them for those special pulls that gift you w/ a rare, otherwise unobtainable medal if you fully guilt one or several other medals from a banner pull, lol

I hope they don't stop offering 3-pipped 6*s, though.

I think the only boosted medal you can get is a Neoshadow.

That or it's more common.
I've seen 1 person here have it boosted, and 2 people in my group have it boosted

Psxphile

The Japanese KHUX PR account tweeted that pre-registrations for Union Cross has surpassed 40,000 sign-ups! Just a little more!

Also Nomura revealed recently that details concerning the final two Union leaders will be released starting in April.

I've seen 1 person here have it boosted, and 2 people in my group have it boosted

Scarl got a boosted Mysterious Figure. You might be right that NeoShadows seem to be more prevalent.

Nah, it'll be two versions of Sora with different colored hair. Dark Blue and Dark Green respectively.

I got a boosted Black Coat Riku B, so that's not the case.

c-murph

Not sure why so many people are in a hurry to use it.
I mean it's best to save it because who knows how hard these things will be to get..
Unless someone has a 5 pipped medal, they shouldn't use it right now.

I'm sure if you're plopping down money weekly for vip quests they'll pop up enough.

I got a boosted neoshadow and BC Riku B. No Mysterious figue though.

Blank!

Can someone explain +attack versus -defense? I'm seeing a lot of people suggest Owl in their setup, and 4 bars for -1 doesn't seem great to me which makes me think I'm missing something.

Is +3 attack = to +3 specific stat? Ignoring the other benefits, is Ikairi = Shark for example (for powering up Power medals obviously). Ditto that with -attack. I have Casual Roxas, would he be equal to Owl/Smee (for speed medals....)

And finally, is +X attack equal to -X attack?

I've been blessed with a lot of good medals (Ikairi, HD Sora, Casual Roxas) just trying to figure out the order to maximize damage.

deanote666

Just got a Xehanort & Veritas.

Now I can have strength +3, speed strength +3, enemy speed defence -3.

Now I just need a reverse speed medal capable of doing enough damage.

Divine Rose level 28.

I'm using Xigbar B 91% w/ ABIII as the damage dealer.

I can rarely borrow a key art #2 that is guilted. Haven't gotten it since getting a X&V.

Don't suppose there's a way to coax certain borrowed medals out of the ether?

Fauve

Can someone explain +attack versus -defense? I'm seeing a lot of people suggest Owl in their setup, and 4 bars for -1 doesn't seem great to me which makes me think I'm missing something.

Is +3 attack = to +3 specific stat? Ignoring the other benefits, is Ikairi = Shark for example (for powering up Power medals obviously). Ditto that with -attack. I have Casual Roxas, would he be equal to Owl/Smee (for speed medals....)

And finally, is +X attack equal to -X attack?

I've been blessed with a lot of good medals (Ikairi, HD Sora, Casual Roxas) just trying to figure out the order to maximize damage.

GDD (general defense down) is suggested because at level 400, an enemy's defense stat is sky high. In order to effectively damage them, you need to beat their defense. At high levels like that, medals with a GDD ability are more valued than GAU (general attack up). But that's not to say you shouldn't bring GAU medals like your iKairi.

Buffs to specific attributes give the same boost as a GAU I believe. But they are different in the way the damage is calculated. The boosts to them are taken into account at the last step of the damage formula I believe. So if you use your Shark instead of iKairi, you might do only 1 damage to the enemy because you aren't getting passed the enemy's defense before the attribute buffs are taken into account.

Hope that made sense to you, not too good at explaining these things.

Blank!

GDD (general defense down) is suggested because at level 400, an enemy's defense stat is sky high. In order to effectively damage them, you need to beat their defense. At high levels like that, medals with a GDD ability are more valued than GAU (general attack up). But that's not to say you shouldn't bring GAU medals like your iKairi.

Buffs to specific attributes give the same boost as a GAU I believe. But they are different in the way the damage is calculated. The boosts to them are taken into account at the last step of the damage formula I believe. So if you use your Shark instead of iKairi, you might do only 1 damage to the enemy because you aren't getting passed the enemy's defense before the attribute buffs are taken into account.

Hope that made sense to you, not too good at explaining these things.

Is GDD more effective than a specific attribute's defense down or is it just the nature of maximizing multiple types of medals? I guess what I'm asking is there any reason to use Owl over Casual Roxas if speed medals are my primary source of damage? And would their be benefit in running both?

It sounds like GDD/GAU may take place first in the damage calc and thus play a bigger role than specific damage types... If I'm reading you right.

Fauve

I guess what I'm asking is there any reason to use Owl over Casual Roxas if speed medals are my primary source of damage? And would their be benefit in running both?

The benefit to running both is maximizing damage. But I can't find a reason to use your Owl over your Roxas in general situations because he is very cost prohibitive (unless you run SP1/2 on him of course). For general purposes, your Roxas alone is sufficient in increasing damage and it lowers your enemy's defense by 2 tiers rather than Owl's 1. It's only in situations with extremely high level enemy's I would take Owl and stack Roxas with it.

It sounds like GDD/GAU may take place first in the damage calc and thus play a bigger role than specific damage types... If I'm reading you right.

Yep, that's correct. But with buff/debuff stacking you can increase your damage even further by pairing it with a specific attribute increase, or a decrease like your Roxas.

Joqu

Hm, I can't make it past Xaldin 11. The previous ones were pretty much a breeze with iBelle & Beast and an Owl combo, but on this one I'm just not doing the damage. Bummer, but I guess I already got farther than I thought I would! Still, is there anything I should consider here or is this just a matter of "have good magic medals with high guilt"? Cuz I don't have good magic medals with guilt yet. Just farmables and decent ones without any. ^^'

Admittedly I haven't leveled my Three Wishes past 20 yet, I'm sure that doesn't help either

Yah, as Psxphile said I got a boosted Mysterious Figure, it's visible in my previous post's screenshot here.

I got a boosted Atlantica Goofy randomly a while back, so it seems like it might be that any tier 3 or above medal has a chance of coming boosted? No idea really, though.

Psxphile

Man, just can't do Xaldin quest 13.

I got a boosted Atlantica Goofy randomly a while back, so it seems like it might be that any tier 3 or above medal has a chance of coming boosted? No idea really, though.

They were talking specifically about the current banner, which according to the notice has a chance of boosting the ATK power of the new medals. NeoShadow seems to have a higher probability of getting boosted compared to the others.

Blank!

Hm, I can't make it past Xaldin 11. The previous ones were pretty much a breeze with iBelle & Beast and an Owl combo, but on this one I'm just not doing the damage. Bummer, but I guess I already got farther than I thought I would! Still, is there anything I should consider here or is this just a matter of "have good magic medals with high guilt"? Cuz I don't have good magic medals with guilt yet. Just farmables and decent ones without any. ^^'

Yah, this is where I stalled out too. No good magic medals, and I don't have anyone that can get rid of buffs either which doesn't help.

c-murph

Well, the current banner events are over for me... the coin banner took me one random omega boss and a few runs in the 200lv difficulty to buy all for boards and Lv.XIII just isn't beatable for me in one turn.

Probably going to do a another 10 pull on the Second Chance banner because I don't have a Second Chance and I hear they're really neat. Will post what garbage I get with it soon.

Edit: meh. I did it for the Second Chance.

OXlcOrf.png

Got to guilt KHII Riku 44%

Top Bottom