• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Joqu

Yah, this is where I stalled out too. No good magic medals, and I don't have anyone that can get rid of buffs either which doesn't help.

Yeah, I can get rid off the buffs but even that doesn't do it here. Funny how magic went from my best to my worst set of medals after my recent pulls, though I imagine I wouldn't be able to do 12 or 13 either

Credo

I guess I'm forced to do this Skills to Thrills deal to get an APP medal. Any suggestions for what medal to put it on once I get it?

I guess I'm forced to do this Skills to Thrills deal to get an APP medal. Any suggestions for what medal to put it on once I get it?

You'll want to use it on a medal that hits all targets, you'll get more from it that way, other than that, try to put it on something you can use in multiple keyblade setups, so it gives you a lot of flexibility.

Credo

You'll want to use it on a medal that hits all targets, you'll get more from it that way, other than that, try to put it on something you can use in multiple keyblade setups, so it gives you a lot of flexibility.

I was thinking about putting it on World of FF Yuna, but I'd kinda like to use it on something guilted. I maybe should wait until the anniversary event and see what medals I can get out of that, although I don't expect much with my recent pull history.

deanote666

Just finished the XIII event!!! Guilted at 72%... ;_;

Round XIII

Nova level 405
Divine Rose level 28
Sebastian
KHII Kairi 100%
Owl
ixion w/ 1000 chip strength increase, 2 pips
Xigbar B 91% w/ ABIII
Borrowed WoFF Squall 100% w/ ABIII max

Apparently, regular defense debuff is more important that elemental debuff in this round!

I was able to do it with strength +3, speed strength +2, general defense -2 while it couldn't be done with strength +3, speed strength +3, speed defense -3.

Also, apparently elemental strength + doesn't seem to affect the WoFF medals since Squall did as much damage as WoFF Sephiroth with a speed strength +2 buff.

Azuran

Banned

I use them on buff medals that I always carry around. HD Sora, iSora, iXion and Maleficent were the ones I use them on. They only cost 1 gauge, hit all targets, and buff you up so they fit on any Keyblade when needed.

If not, you can also use them on stuff like the Musketeers and Captain Hook since they have low costs and hit all targets as well.

Blank!

Yeah, I can get rid off the buffs but even that doesn't do it here. Funny how magic went from my best to my worst set of medals after my recent pulls, though I imagine I wouldn't be able to do 12 or 13 either

good to know, you just saved me an impulse purchase on the B&B medal :)

Joqu

good to know, you just saved me an impulse purchase on the B&B medal :)

Ah, well it's been doing an amazing job on the power and speed side to be fair here so it has been worth it for me, it's just that the magic medals I'm running aren't up to par compared to the others. Might be different in your case, it really does seem like a fantastic medal.

also I suck. That never helps things

Caim

I haven't played this in forever.

I had some enough gems saved up for 3 multis on the Epic banner and got SP Xion, Illustrated Sora, Aqua, and Ventus.

But I have two questions, does the free broom we got mean we're getting more and is the only way to add pips to the rare medals just hoping I pull dupes?

deanote666

I haven't played this in forever.

I had some enough gems saved up for 3 multis on the Epic banner and got SP Xion, Illustrated Sora, Aqua, and Ventus.

But I have two questions, does the free broom we got mean we're getting more and is the only way to add pips to the rare medals just hoping I pull dupes?

We're hoping for more brooms but don't know how, when, or if we're getting more.

The only way to add pips to any medal is to fuse more of itself at the same star level or fuse a mickey and broom to it. Minimum 3 stars.

I wouldn't count on dupes on tier 4 or 5 unless they are the specific banner medal with a mercy pull and you have an extra $700 lying around to guilt it.

Caim

We're hoping for more brooms but don't know how, when, or if we're getting more.

The only way to add pips to any medal is to fuse more of itself at the same star level or fuse a mickey and broom to it. Minimum 3 stars.

I wouldn't count on dupes on tier 4 or 5 unless they are the specific banner medal with a mercy pull and you have an extra $700 lying around to guilt it.

Oh lord, okay thanks lol.

Just finished the XIII event!!! Guilted at 72%... ;_;

Round XIII

Divine Rose level 28
Sebastian
KHII Kairi 100%
Owl
ixion w/ 1000 chip strength increase, 2 pips
Xigbar B 91% w/ ABIII
Borrowed WoFF Squall 100% w/ ABIII max

Apparently, regular defense debuff is more important that elemental debuff in this round!

I was able to do it with strength +3, speed strength +2, general defense -2 while it couldn't be done with strength +3, speed strength +3, speed defense -3.

Also, apparently elemental strength + doesn't seem to affect the WoFF medals since Squall did as much damage as WoFF Sephiroth with a speed strength +2 buff.

Your Nova must be really high because using that setup I still have a bar and a half on everyone left.

Nova seems to be the key to this one. If you have one less than 200 you stand pretty much no chance at beating it.

Famassu

Don't we? I mean, we don't know the exact date when they'll start offering them (semi)regularly, but we've been said "soon" so we know we ARE getting them and know that it shouldn't be until, like, 2018 until we get them but probably within the next month or two (especially with the anniversary coming up).

And can't we just look at the Japanese version to see the "how"? Even if we might not get them as often as the Japanese version and even if maybe we'll get some avatar board without one that Japanese got with brooms (if Japanese have gotten them with avatar boards, I don't know), the NA version hasn't done anything SO differently that we should be doubtful they'd do these somehow completely differently. I'm not sure what that entails, I assume maybe monthly Coliseum rewards for the few highest ranking tiers? One or two for the highest score tiers of a High Score Challenge or for the rankings? Some Banner Events maybe once or twice a month that have 1-2 of them? As part of 10 medal pulls every now and then? VIP quests? The occasional Avatar Board once every one or two months?

deanote666

Your Nova must be really high because using that setup I still have a bar and a half on everyone left.

Nova seems to be the key to this one. If you have one less than 200 you stand pretty much no chance at beating it.

My nova level was 405 at the time of beating it.

Using chips on my ixion was the difference between between 1 and 2 rounds (2 of the trees survived without the 1000 strength from chips) so I guess my setup only works with a similar level nova level. Sorry

Make sure you use your nova after you use your strength +, defense - buffs/debuffs.

creid

I had an Owl medal and didn't realize it so I took another shot at the last XIII quest. I can get the target down to ~2.5 full life bars, but that's all. Might just waste my M&B on this medal so I can stop wasting time trying -_-

deanote666

5 medal pull and Beauty and the Beast HSC tomorrow.

Beginners deal pull with 2 6 star with 3 pips and 3 5 star. Guessing it's only multi-attack medals.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
5 medal pull and Beauty and the Beast HSC tomorrow.

Beginners deal pull with 2 6 star with 3 pips and 3 5 star. Guessing it's only multi-attack medals.
2NCH8uUl.jpg

Psxphile

Guess they're extending the 0AP campaign another week due to the launch of Beauty and the Beast movie.

This week's HSC score card is super-inflated as hell thanks in no small part to the copious amounts of viable, high-percentage premiums in the wild due to that banner.

On that note, HD Beast is fairly good for a boost medal: single target, hits 5 times and raises Power by 3 tiers. All for 3 SP. Just getting one is going to be a trick, though.

This is a really good deal for beginners if they're all epic

They are.

Famassu

"All epic" doesn't mean much when one pulls Owl, Aladdin, that one zero SP FFVIII dude, Zack and Cerberus (Aladdin and Zack ***)...

Not me but a friend.

Psxphile

The only reason they even do All Epics is because of the over-saturation of Epics in the pool doesn't exactly guarantee a good return on investment anymore. Even early Premiums are being outclassed by more recent offerings.

Azuran

Banned
"All epic" doesn't mean much when one pulls Owl, Aladdin, that one zero SP FFVIII dude, Zack and Cerberus (Aladdin and Zack ***)...

Not me but a friend.

If I did I pull, I would get 3 Aladdin, 1 Owl and 1 Belle because that's the way things usually roll for me. Seriously, I have gotten over 12 Aladdin in my epic pulls. And the bastard is still only at 89% which probably means I'm going to keep pulling his ass.

I hope he never finds Abu.

Finally able to get passed white chocolate statues in coliseum. All it took was to get my speed keyblade at level 26 from 23. Lol...
Making sure to avoid them now.

Really want to be in the top 10k...

Can anybody help me with Xaldin B's final level, don't know what setup to use:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahq2ufm9t5ihpz2oZUNeOHzzQ817
Marly is at 100% with AB2,Xigbar B is at 92% Guilt with no skill. I can throw an AB3 max(don't think he's worth it due to 6 cost) or AB2 on him.
All the guides I've seen require Mr Smee,Jack and sally etc, medals which I don't have.

Only thing i can think of is sebastian, kh2 kairi, your two WOFF medals, and then xigbar b with ab2, unless you have any medals that does a general defense debuff. After that hope you have a high nova and a really good friend medal.

Only thing i can think of is sebastian, kh2 kairi, your two WOFF medals, and then xigbar b with ab2, unless you have any medals that does a general defense debuff. After that hope you have a high nova and a really good friend medal.
Thanks I'll try that.
I have owl but xigbar B is stronger.
Edit - Not enough damage on the trees, nova is at 164, could probably get 15 more levels with mirrors =/.

deanote666

Thanks I'll try that.
I have owl but xigbar B is stronger.
Edit - Not enough damage on the trees, nova is at 164, could probably get 15 more levels with mirrors =/.

Owl makes Xigbar B stronger, btw.

Are your WoFF guilted? If not, they won't do enough damage. Replace them with general defense debuff medals.

I posted my load out higher on this page. Only works with a high nova level though.

Owl makes Xigbar B stronger, btw.

Are your WoFF guilted? If not, they won't do enough damage. Replace them with general defense debuff medals.

I posted my load out higher on this page. Only works with a high nova level though.
Yeah my nova isn't that high lol, guess I'll forgoe guilting him, still have 2 bars left on the trees with that setup.

Yeah, I'd replace one of the WOFF medals with owl, especially if they're unguilted.
Thanks it helped, but it's not enough T_T.

Yeah my nova isn't that high lol, guess I'll forgoe guilting him, still have 2 bars left on the trees with that setup.

Thanks it helped, but it's not enough T_T.

Yeah, I can't beat it either with sebastian, owl, 2 j&s, xig b and a friend guilted key art 3 lol. Really, really close to killing all of the trees but not enough.

Wow, I actually did it! Had to fully chip the second j&s along with ab2 and wait for a fully guilted key art 3 again.

I can finally be at ease now lol.

Famassu

I guess I haven't stalled quite as badly as I thought. I could do all objectives in the MoG quests in a single run, just so long as enough Jesters spawned, even when it threw lvl 255 swarms at me.

Azuran

Banned
I finally crossed the 30k jewel range and my conviction towards the anniversary remains strong. You won't get me to spend until that day comes SENA.

Joqu

Phew, decided to dedicate this day to playing UX and I just made it to the 500th story quest. Now that's what I call some good progress right there.

By the way, psxphile, that first fight with a competent keyblade wielder you mentioned? It was a breeze. I'm sure my recent pulls made a big difference mind you, but I was expecting way worse from the way you described it. :p

Now this Darkside is giving me a bit more trouble, but I'm sure I can do it with a healer on my second go, he doesn't seem to hit that hard. Should be easy enough to get past, really.

The two-turn objective though? Yikes. I dunno how you do it, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna stay out of my reach for a goood long time. Just like that guilted Xaldin B. RIP, my confidence.

But yeah, good day.

Psxphile

Well, it was tough for me because I didn't have anything better than a 1-tier strength booster when we got to that point. And it would be several weeks before I could 3-Mickey it.

New raid event coming tonight, plus iB&B part deux:

C7U5QE_V0AAYO7h.jpg:small

Ugh can't get past quest 11 for xaldin...

It's funny magic used to be my best class but with my new medals. Now power is my best and speed is second best.

Magic kinda sucks now lol

Azuran

Banned
Yay I finally got it thanks to iB&B being so good. Get it if you still haven't!

Nr3UiFXl.png

RfkmfLil.jpg

All now all of my Keyblades are at least +25. Never thought I would see this day when I started playing this more seriously back in October.

c-murph

Guilted iB&B for 146%! Yay! First Tier 5 medal guilted. Too bad I had to pay for it though.... but I'm sure it'll come to use somewhere alone the line. Still have my extra iB&B too. Not sure what I can do with it though.

deanote666

People were saying you could get Nova with magic mirror? How.

When you guilt a medal for the first time, your nova goes up by 1.

When you max the % of a medal for the first time, your level goes up by 5.

This only works once per medal so your level only goes up the first time you guilt a Hades, for example. If you guilt a 2nd Hades, your level doesn't go up. You could max guilt either of them but you would only get the 5 levels for the one you do first.

Magic mirrors increase the % by 1% so people use them to get the max % on a medal for the 5 nova levels.

On another note, apparently with strength +3 buff and nova level 429, you can do over 20k to the eggcognito now?

This banner is dedicated to not giving me a Tier 5 medal. I just did another pull and got an Illustrated Sora & Pals, an Illustrated Sora A, another Mysterious Figure, and another BC Riku B.

On another note, apparently with strength +3 buff and nova level 429, you can do over 20k to the eggcognito now?

Huh yeah, they start taking damage from plain ol' (guilted) medals too after 4 general buff/debuffs (atk up/def down).
Just did 80k to them with my 445 Nova after a full 6 buff/debuffs lol.

Also it's not just the ones in this mission, just tested it out on a Prize Egg in the 5* Mickey mission, same deal.

Grieves

This banner is dedicated to not giving me a Tier 5 medal. I just did another pull and got an Illustrated Sora & Pals, an Illustrated Sora A, another Mysterious Figure, and another BC Riku B.

I got a HD Ursula and an i Riku B out of it. HD Ursula not great as it's reversed and the reverse slot on TW is slot 3. Looking forward to getting enough Cid's so I can actually use i Riku B.

Also, I got the following Tier 4 medals: Casual Roxas, i Riku A and Sora & Donald & Goofy A.

I only had 1 Premium before this banner so I'm happy with the results.

Edit: Just noticed Pooh Bear is a power medal but raises Speed based strength. Really?

Top Bottom