• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

Chopper

Just finished this. And got 69%.

I absolutely loved everything about it. The final boss(es) was fucking epic!

I did get all of the Sun Stones, so I assume the remaining percentage is based on Keychains. Is there a way to know which stages contain rare keychains I might have missed? Are there any special keychains that require certain conditions to be met (like the "get all Sun Stones" keychain I got)?

Pyrokai

Been a Kirby fan all my life. Finally picked this up and finished it and I enjoyed it a lot! I liked the Bell power a lot and Archer was fun, too.

I'm looking forward to going back and collecting all the Sun Stones I missed. Fun game, although I don't agree with whoever said it had the best Kriby soundtrack ever : p

Dr. Buni

Finally picked this game thanks to the """Super""" Sale on the eShop. Having a blast with the game. It isn't as wonderful as Dream Land 3 (no Kirby will ever be until they bring back the animal buddies and Adeleine), but so far I think it is superior to the already great Return to Dream Land. I am on World 5 and I don't want it to finish, so I am playing slowly.

Gorthaur

Banned
I'd like to buy this game but there is a thing that worries me. How is the button mapping? I don't like games that use A button for jumping instead of B and B for "action" instead of Y.

Dr. Buni

I'd like to buy this game but there is a thing that worries me. How is the button mapping? I don't like games that use A button for jumping instead of B and B for "action" instead of Y.
The controls are as it follows:

B: Inhale
A: Jump
X: Drop Ability
Y: Assist Star

I don't like this control scheme at all, to be honest. Jumping should always be on B, at least.

Thanks, I'll skip this then.

The controls really aren't a reason to skip it. It's not unusual to have A jump and B inhale/shoot. It's like a lot of VC games.

My only complaints are that Kirby moves a little too slowly, and being forced to use motion controls (tilting the system).

Dr. Buni

The controls really aren't a reason to skip it. It's not unusual to have A jump and B inhale/shoot. It's like a lot of VC games.

My only complaints are that Kirby moves a little too slowly, and being forced to use motion controls (tilting the system).
It is a perfectly valid reason to skip the game and I say this as someone who adores it.

Rhyel

My first Kirby game. But I have a long experience on platform games.
Now I am a fan of Kirby. I remember to play this game smiling all the time.
This game is so creative and fun to play.
The graphics is great and 3D effect is one of the best of the system.
I want to go back and play again, but other great games of 3DS take all my time.

It is a perfectly valid reason to skip the game and I say this as someone who adores it.

If you say so. I am pretty flexible with control schemes personally. It doesn't bother me with this game.

The only thing that bothers me is the d-pad on the 2DS is squishy. I prefer a clickier one.

krae_man

Finally got around to playing this. Got it at launch, but played Mario Golf first and never got back to this.

Finished the first world. Man this game good old Kirby fun. Kirby in a Link hat is so cute.

Chopper

Finally got around to playing this. Got it at launch, but played Mario Golf first and never got back to this.

Finished the first world. Man this game good old Kirby fun. Kirby in a Link hat is so cute.
It's an awesome game, and incredibly beautiful. Enjoy!

I was trying to go for 100%, but I'm at 89% with everything done and 82/100 sunstones and 150/256 keychains, and I think I'll just move on to Planet Robobot and come back to this later, since I won't have it finished up by the weekend.

The first time I tried Dedede's Drum Dash it didn't really work for me, but when I tried it again I found I enjoyed it a lot. I'll probably pick up the eShop version of it down the road or if it goes on sale.

Top Bottom