• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe |OT| Sayo-nara Suck-aaaaaaa

Nosgoroth

Why isnt't everyone celebrating the pants-disintegrating awesomeness that is Kirby Fighters? I feel like I'm playing Smash Bros already.

No items, Sword only, Another Dimension.

If only it had online.

zigg

Why isnt't everyone celebrating the pants-disintegrating awesomeness that is Kirby Fighters? I feel like I'm playing Smash Bros already.
I saw this thread light up and thought I'd ask about that myself, actually. 😊 I had the opportunity to play a bunch of four-way matches using auto-handicapping which actually did pretty amazingly well even in a mix of adults and kids.

No items, Sword only, Another Dimension.
Ahahaha, that too. 😄

Great stuff, though. And it supports Download Play—players without the game seem to just get a more limited selection of powers.

Nosgoroth

I'm seriously having too much fun with Kirby Fighters. I can't play multiplayer for now, so I'm using it as a Doppelganger Boss Battle Generator. I must have put over four hours into it today, and meanwhile the Story Mode sits there looking at me reproachfully.

Any Kirby game that's largely a platformer and involves Kirby sucking up enemies as a key mechanic. He should also be able to fly of his own power. This definition includes KatAM, I know. But I consider that game to be relatively standard. It's not like Mass Attack or Epic Yarn.

I actually really enjoyed Amazing Mirror. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt it was almost Metroidian... It seemed to have a strong atmosphere compared to the other Kirby games I played and had very maze-like level design.

I actually really enjoyed Amazing Mirror. Maybe I'm crazy, but I felt it was almost Metroidian... It seemed to have a strong atmosphere compared to the other Kirby games I played and had very maze-like level design.

It pretty much was a Metroidvania at its core so nothing crazy about that, only that most of the world was open from the get go and it was more about finding your way across the map instead of accumulating upgrades to explore further.
I'll always like it since it was my first Kirby game but the map is pretty awful at conveying information to help find your route which stings the game quite a bit, there's a lot of retreading old ground when trying to find your way since on top of the wishy washy map the game had a number of paths that locked you into a route that led to nothing but a warpstar to go back to the main hub.
Rainbow Route's music is so good though, it slaps an immediate jolly grin on my face, it's basically my Green Greens.

maxcriden

Finished the game! What an excellent game. Really the 3DL to Return to Dreamland's 3DW, albeit with much less of a disparity in content between the two. Super fun and endlessly charming.

Kard8p3

I picked this up tonight and just played through the first world. Really enjoying this game so far and actually really enjoyed the new take on Whispy woods. Felt like much more of fight this time around. I also put some time into Kirby Fighters and really enjoy it too. Feels like smash lite and is just really enjoyable though I do wish it was online.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
If only they would restock the damn thing in stores near me.

This is my favourite Kirby game of them all.
Sorry Sakurai.
It's also one of the most impressive looking games on the system, with the 3D being the best use of the effect I've seen so far.
I'm very impressed with this game!

Zalman

Finished it today. This is probably my favorite Kirby game ever. So much creativity in the level design. Absolutely love it.

Also, I started Dedede Tour. Completed the first world in less than 10 minutes and decided I'd just finish that today too. Ended up taking much longer than I expected. Last part alone was almost an hour. Was World 6 really that long too during the first playthrough?

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
Awesome to see Dark Meta Knight at the end, although I wish they played the Meta Knight's Revenge track!

MrBadger

Finished it today. This is probably my favorite Kirby game ever. So much creativity in the level design. Absolutely love it.

Also, I started Dedede Tour. Completed the first world in less than 10 minutes and decided I'd just finish that today too. Ended up taking much longer than I expected. Last part alone was almost an hour. Was World 6 really that long too during the first playthrough?

Anyway, I enjoyed it.
Awesome to see Dark Meta Knight at the end, although I wish they played the Meta Knight's Revenge track!

I think world 6 in Dedede tour was
all of the hidden levels as well as the final world, so that's why it took so long. Personally, I found that a bit annoying since I tackled Dedede tour before unlocking the bonus levels so playing them for free in this mode spoiled me a bit.

saturnine

I can't get over how stellar the soundtrack is. Hands down the best OST of the year so far, sorry Tropical Freeze.

That last boss track, I can't even. Absolutely perfect in every way, it hits all the right notes. Easily one the best final boss themes ever written.

MrBadger

I can't get over how stellar the soundtrack is. Hands down the best OST of the year so far, sorry Tropical Freeze.

That last boss track, I can't even. Absolutely perfect in every way, it hits all the right notes. Easily one the best final boss themes ever written.

This is my favourite track in the game. Had it stuck in my head for days.

It's an incredibly strong soundtrack, but I think I preferred Tropical Freeze's music. Sounded fresher to me, since it's been a while since we've had a Wise-composed DK game. Either way, Nintendo games have had some really great music lately.

saturnine

This is my favourite track in the game. Had it stuck in my head for days.

It's an incredibly strong soundtrack, but I think I preferred Tropical Freeze's music. Sounded fresher to me, since it's been a while since we've had a Wise-composed DK game. Either way, Nintendo games have had some really great music lately.

Every boss theme in the game is incredible !

I agree that the TF soundtrack is fresher in the context of videogame music, it has a "band" feel, but Wise also borrows the "band music" construction in his composition, something I grew a bit tired of after listening to so much music. Most tracks are really "horizontal", building slowly over time.

In comparison, Triple Deluxe is much more videogamey and frantic, but it does this so well, it's really incredible.

Alright. I'm stuck at 98%. What else do I need to do?

Beat Story Mode
Collected all Sun Stones
Beat Very Hard Kirby Fighters w/ all abilities
Beat Dededetour
Beat Arena / True Arena
Got Platinum on Levels 1-3 on Drum Rush.

Is getting Platinum on Drum Rush Level 4 worth 2%?

OmegaFax

Beat Story Mode
Collected all Sun Stones
Beat Dededetour
Beat Arena / True Arena

Think it's all the medals. I'm right at the same percentage you are.

Beat Story Mode
Collected all Sun Stones
Beat Dededetour
Beat Arena / True Arena

I think it's all keychains you're missing.

Cheddahz

Banned
Ended picking this up at the Watch Dogs midnight release last night (odd, I know), but so far, I've gotten all of the sunstones from the first world and I'm loving the game (though it does get too cute at times)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished it. What an outstanding game! It rekindled my faith in 1st party non-Mario platformers after the abhorrent DKCR3D last year. I thought I was gonna be a tad short, but the length ended up being just fine. Triple Deluxe exceeded all expectations, definitely in for a
Dedede
replay 6 months from now.

Xemnas89

Got the game recently and I've been taking it slow so I can make it last. Up to the fourth level of world four right now and I'm really enjoying it. One of my favorite 3DS games and quite possibly my favorite game in the series.

Hugstable

Banned
Just finished this game tonight. What a great Kirby experience! The last 2 world of the game were so fun and I like that they ramped up the challenge. Plus that World 4 and 5 boss with that boss theme playing, Da Bes!

I ended up ordering a copy on Friday of Wii Kirby Return to Dreamland since I never got to play that one before, really excited for the game to get here on Tuesday.

Tookay

Just finished this game tonight. What a great Kirby experience! The last 2 world of the game were so fun and I like that they ramped up the challenge. Plus that World 4 and 5 boss with that boss theme playing, Da Bes!

I ended up ordering a copy on Friday of Wii Kirby Return to Dreamland since I never got to play that one before, really excited for the game to get here on Tuesday.

RTD is great. I liked it more than Triple Deluxe.

I finished this the other day and I liked it a lot. The HAL guys have gotten really good a making great boss battles with varied attack patterns and they've done an admirable job really fleshing out each power/ability in various ways. There were some clever uses of the Hypernova as well.

The only real negative I have is something self-induced:
trying to beat DeDeDe Mode right after finishing the main story was pretty exhausting. And that last level taking over an hour sort of drove me nuts.

So this game has been a first in a while for me... but not the game itself, but the store demo.

Last time I was impressed by a playable demo was with skate. when it was on 360. This is the first time in a while I've felt they got the Kirby magic I fell in love with in Kirby's Dreamland 2 (was my first kirby game). The powerups are great, and I love it.

One thing I want to know though is how is the endgame? I always seem to have beef with the new game+ or post endgame of most Nintendo titles.

Cheddahz

Banned
Bp4y1clIYAEGZwo.jpg:large

I just 100%ed this game. Very good game, although I think it was a tad easier to 100% than Superstar Ultra. Not that there's a problem with that, since the post-game content was still plenty challenging.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just reached the sixth world last night, picking up every SunStone along the way. My wife is enjoying the game, she thinks its challenging (but she also beat NSMB2 two times collecting all the Star Coins... which I think is more difficult) but isn't collecting SunStones along the way.

I think the EX Levels are nice, and getting each SunStone on the later worlds proves to be a bit more thought provoking and tests your timing, uses different item combinations, and such. But overall, the game has felt very "casual" to me.

I think the one thing that could make this game more challenging would be if Kirby could not float. I think the instant float to save yourself from a bad jump makes this game real real easy. Looking forward to finishing the last world and unlocking the extra game modes. I want to wrap this game up before Shovel Knight next week!

... Was it ever determined the exact conditions for a 100% save file? I think I only played Kirby Fighters one time. It's cool... but pretty boring. I'm not really a Smash Fighters fan though. Maybe I'll give it one more try. I think its the fact that you don't unlock anything playing it that I'm not motivated to try it.

How do you break downwards through the wood pieces you knocked over with the wrecking balls?

You don't.

Spoiler:

You have to pull the wrecking ball all the way back until it shines. This will show you it's at full power, so when it hits the tree bark, the bark completely shatters into splinters. Otherwise, the bark will just fall and block what you want to get to.

I just bought this. My first Kirby game. Absolutely phenomenal game. I love it!

I only finished two worlds so far getting everything along the way. That World 2 Painter boss was crazy impressive.

The 3D effect also really enhances the game.

Very cool stuff. Highly recommended for new comers of the series.

maxcriden

I just bought this. My first Kirby game. Absolutely phenomenal game. I love it!

I only finished two worlds so far getting everything along the way. That World 2 Painter boss was crazy impressive.

The 3D effect also really enhances the game.

Very cool stuff. Highly recommended for new comers of the series.

Oh man, you're in for a treat. This is a great time to become a Kirby fan. I recommend trying something a bit more unusual next, like Mass Attack or Canvas Curse.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Finished it last night, I'm going to take a break before tackling the DeDe Tour and Boss Rush modes.

The game was "casual" fun. Until the last level and boss, then the game gets serious!

maxcriden

Finished it last night, I'm going to take a break before tackling the DeDe Tour and Boss Rush modes.

The game was "casual" fun. Until the last level and boss, then the game gets serious!

The final boss fight was truly epic. If you enjoyed the game I'd heartily recommend RTDL if you haven't played it yet.

Finished the main story earlier today. Final boss was a little long winded for me.
Don't know when I'll try DededeTour. I can't wait to play as Dedede though

Velcro Fly

Finally giving this game the attention it deserves after being enchanted by Mario Golf that I got at the same time. I'm about halfway through the 3rd world right now. Game is really fun and making me think of finally buying Dream Land 1 and 2 from the eShop. Always enjoyed both of those games and I'd love to romp through them again.

Picked it up yesterday. Just going to finish Bravely Default before I dive in to this. I haven't played a Kirby game before so I'm going in completely blind.

I just remembered the day I bought this game. Back in may, I took the bus to the mall closest to me.

It wasn't even on the shelves yet. I had to ask for it at Best Buy and and the guy working looked all confused.

He found it a while later, he handed the box to me. I could have walked out with it but I'm a good person so I paid what I owed. Normally games come in those plastic containers they take off at registers. Good game. Glad I got it. I should replay soon. Kirby is so damn cute.

Got the game Monday. It is one of the best of Kirby in pretty much every way, and is at least equal to the greatness that is Kirby Wii.

I was worried about the difficulty, but while the main game was easy (a bit easier than the Wii game), it didn't matter too much because it didn't feel easy. The entire game you are keeping an eye out for cleverly placed secrets, juggling between abilities, relearning controls, and dodging interesting obstacles. It truly feels like you are accomplishing a whole lot as you play, even if it is a bit easy.

That said, the game did ramp up in difficulty toward the end. The last world has some crazy stage hazards, and the final boss will definitely keep you on your toes. The post-game modes become extremely difficult, too.

I highly recommend playing the
Dedede
mode. I know it is tempting to put down the game and never play it again after beating the main part, but that mode is really short (two hours for me) and has harder bosses, extra bosses, and some awesome music. Plus, beating it unlocks other things.

What I dislike about the game the most is... well, every level has a gold keychain, and you can't tell which levels you didn't get the keychain in. I had to make sure that I got it in every level before moving on to the next one, or else the consequences could have been terrible.

I also think that, overall, the bosses weren't quite as fun as some previous Kirby games. Oh, and Circus Kirby. It is worse than the Sleep ability. :p

One thing I want to know though is how is the endgame? I always seem to have beef with the new game+ or post endgame of most Nintendo titles.

I know this post is kinda old now, but the endgame is great and lengthy. After beating the game, you unlock a couple modes, and if you beat those, a 3rd and *ahem* truly brutal mode (which I haven't beaten yet).

100%ed this the other day, definitely my favourite game in the entire series.
Beating the final mode was really tough though, had to cheat and use Archer Kirby otherwise I don't think I would've ever made it through.

The sound test mode is packed!
Nice that they had a bunch of tracks that spanned the series, made it go hand-in-hand with the keychains in that regard.

Wow, I just beat the hardest and last mode in the game
True Arena
with just the Wheel power.

At first I picked up the wheel because I accidentally ate the wheel miniboss along with my knocked out power. However, I decided to just go roll with it, and I learned that if you mash left and right in a rhythm, you can stay in one place, completely invincible, while attacking.

Constantly mashing left and right in a rhythm is not very easy (especially since hitting enemies makes you move slower). If you can manage to do it, however, it is actually a cheaper move than the Archer power because you don't have to worry about anything like hiding. Just mash left/right, sit back, and watch the carnage.

maxcriden

Wow, I just beat the hardest and last mode in the game
True Arena
with just the Wheel power.

At first I picked up the wheel because I accidentally ate the wheel miniboss along with my knocked out power. However, I decided to just go roll with it, and I learned that if you mash left and right in a rhythm, you can stay in one place, completely invincible, while attacking.

Constantly mashing left and right in a rhythm is not very easy (especially since hitting enemies makes you move slower). If you can manage to do it, however, it is actually a cheaper move than the Archer power because you don't have to worry about anything like hiding. Just mash left/right, sit back, and watch the carnage.

Haha, wow. I never would have thought the Wheel would be that effective. Admittedly I do love Kirby's backwards cap with that power, though. Congrats on beating that, BTW!

Fireblend

Banned
Got to 88% today. I have all sun stones, cleared kirby fighters, got to 160 keychains... Not sure if I can go on. This game is consuming me.

I'll say it again though, never in my life have I been disappointed by a Kirby game and this one's no exception. I only wish Fighters had online :(

360pages

I actually got all the sun stones on my first time through since I would have found it annoying to have to go back and get them.

The game is my second favorite right after Super Star Ultra, Super Star just had a charm how the stories were stand alone, it always felt like you were doing something different even if it had the same core mechanic.

Top Bottom