• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami - 650k MGS3 preorders in Japan

At least that's how I read this bit from Gamefront. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.gamefront.de said:
650,000 Metal Gear solvent 3 vorbestellungen

17.11.04 - Konami is to have received already 650,000 vorbestellungen for Metal Gear solvent 3 Snake Eater according to commercial data in Japan. Release: 16.12.04

Shiggy said:
Vorbestellungen, is it also an English word? :lol

I think it will be as bad as MGS2 :p

So ... many .... wrongs

1) MGS2 despite the grief over many aspect of the story, is still one of the best games this generation

2) MGS3, by almost every account, >> MGS1 & MGS2. MGS1 will still have a special place because of the innovation it brought, but technically and gameplaywise MGS3 betters it.

Jonnyram

Vorbestellung means preorder, but the Japanese could be taken to mean that Konami have received 650,000 orders from retailers. I don't know if people are taking them to mean the same thing nowadays though. Basically if the retailer buys the game from the publisher it is sold and the publisher has made their money. But the weekly charts count the games sold by retailers, not publishers. Konami is said to be aiming for 1 million.

Jonnyram said:
Vorbestellung means preorder, but the Japanese could be taken to mean that Konami have received 650,000 orders from retailers. I don't know if people are taking them to mean the same thing nowadays though. Basically if the retailer buys the game from the publisher it is sold and the publisher has made their money. But the weekly charts count the games sold by retailers, not publishers. Konami is said to be aiming for 1 million.

Yeah,

It's the same issue we go round and round and round again here with preorders in the US.

Shiggy

Do The Mario said:
MGS2 is the 2nd best game this gen!

Die hater

No, then Twin Snakes has to be the best game, because it was better...

I think you didn't understand my first post :=)
MGS2 is a great game, so I want that MS3 will mainly be the same.

Miburou

I hope MGS3 is as "bad" as MGS2.

And MGS2 did pretty well in Japan. Last time it was on the charts, and before the MEGA HITS! version, it was around 850K. Konami might've ended up shipping a million, but they never released a statement saying something like that, so who knows. And MGS2: Substance actually did best in Japan (around 200K or so).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I wander how many preorders it has in US and EU. I've heard some conflicting reports on preorders numbers from various people at messageboards who inquired in some of their local stores. Some said the preorder number is rather high, some said it was pretty mediocre.

Top Bottom