• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami rhythm fans:any good dance pads out there?

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
So I am looking to get some dance pads for my PS2

I have 2 kids (Kasia 9 and Caleb 18 months) who would have a blast playing the dance games but I want something built to last...

Any suggestions?

impirius

I had a pair of BNS pads that worked very well. I think this is a comparable model.

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTPC/

If you want the pads to last longer, look into modding them. It takes some plywood, some "floor covering" stuff, carpet tape, duct tape, and a couple of hours of time. The end result was worth the effort to me since I could wear shoes and use the pads on carpet without them slipping.

That BNS one isn't the best one you can get for you money;

http://www.buynshop.com/productinfo/44/VG-DDR-ULTDX/

The only soft pad you'll EVER need. The thing doesn't move, is responsive to hell, and is built to last. A little pricy, but if you're really into this, then you'll probably end up buying something heavier duty eventually.

BTW: an 18 monther DDR-ing? That'd be pretty interesting to watch. :)

If you don't suck at life you can build your own metal pads. There are some good instructions around the internet on how to do this. I ended up spending about $125 on mine.

Best pad I've used is the official deluxe pad from Konami. It's impossible to find now. It makes me wish I bought two back then. I'd love to find a second one.

M3wThr33

Banned
I hate cobalt flux pads. All of the 3x3 buttons feel the same, so there's no indicator of where your foot is at. On top of that, there's no metal edge around the buttons, so it's not true to the arcade. Your best bet is to pick up two of the TX-2000+'s on LikSang or from Fry's. Make sure to get the updated ones with thicker insides and smaller corner-covers. (Easiest way: Old had black and white X/Os, New has green diagonal arrows)

Top Bottom