• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koshien 2015 | Japan National High School Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monumma

3 bases for the man with the ama-chan walkup.

and please, someone from the mlb, sign Matsumoto for the playoffs. He will hit anything. Goddamn.

double play.

Monumma

Nice double play to get out of the pinch.

They really shouldn't have Hiranuma pitch extra innings if they want to try to win it all. Either close it now or substitute him. Of course the second will not happen, let's see if they do the first.

edit: this Sada is really not a bad pitcher seeing he starts at RF.

COME ON GUYS, LETS GET TO 15 AND MESS UP THE WHOLE SCHEDULE.

Monumma

That poorly hidden intentional walk to Matsumoto, lol.

edit: they challenge the ninth batter.
Ok, I guess Sada is just done for. Bases loaded and the first batter at bat.

Kehi deserves this ovation. They fought hard, and emerged victorious in extras.

Well

fucking

done!

edit: Holy shit, the school anthem got cut off, but they still kept singing. Amazing.

Monumma

It's over. Great effort from Meitoku Gijyuku. Great game.

also they had something like 4 point from 20 men on base. should i be impressed?

LOL the hymn.

Edit: Wow, the next game is the Osaka one. Today's people are really getting their money's worth.

Beckx

Hell yeah Tsuruga Kehi!

Hiranuma got it back together and finished strong (and had a great game at the plate too). Loved that comeback, especially Yamamoto's triple (and guts pose) and Matsumoto bringing him in.

Great game. Meitoku Gijuku played really well too. Too bad they had to be eliminated early.

Monumma

That was good.. It's 5am and I'm tired but I wanna watch the next one now. This baseball lark is alright huh?

Step it up, man, it's already 6am here. You just have to forget this "sleep" thing for a couple of week.

Anyone knows whether they start at .15 trying to get back on schedule for the last game or they postpone everything by 1/2 hour?

Any Osaka team is pretty much always favoured if it's not against a major team. They are not against a major team.

Beckx

Kaisei batting now.

I'm falling asleep tho. Probably going to watch a couple of innings and then check the digest in the morning.

Monumma

Osaka Touin fans must be suffering right now. Between this and Tsuruka Kehi the game before they probably have talked more about them than the teams that are at Koshien.

Beanball!

Monumma

Just got home from hanging out with some old friends, what did I miss so far today?

The debut of a first year wonder in a blowout win in the first game and the best game of the tournament as the second, with the spring champ surviving a 10inning fight.

This song is hype.

Monumma

This guy barely reaches 130Km/h (80m/h) and they got out of Osaka anyway. It's just a weird team any way I look at them.

And somehow Hieizan are hanging on.

Man on third.

edit: probably not. But you never know until you try.

He seems to have really good control, but you'd expect a faster pitcher winning the Osakan spot. Kudos to them, I guess.

FAILED BUNT

Result:

GPPLt7e.jpg

Lots of good stuff tonight guys, see all of you tomorrow.

akileese

This guy barely reaches 130Km/h (80m/h) and they got out of Osaka anyway. It's just a weird team any way I look at them.

And somehow Hieizan are hanging on.

Man on third.

edit: probably not. But you never know until you try.

He seems to have really good control, but you'd expect a faster pitcher winning the Osakan spot. Kudos to them, I guess.

FAILED BUNT

Impeccable control + changing speeds is always better than pure speed. From the looks of it, he has decent off speed pitches and also changes speeds on his fastball as well which can make it look faster than it really is.

Monumma

He is without a doubt a fine pitcher. It's just weird that he could lead a school that has never been to Koshien there pitching this slow.

Meanwhile Hieizan went to the bullpen and messed up a bit, it could be a problem for them. Osaka Kaisei gets nothing out of it.

akileese

He is without a doubt a fine pitcher. It's just weird that he could lead a school that has never been to Koshien there pitching this slow.

Meanwhile Hieizan went to the bullpen and messed up a bit, it could be a problem for them. Osaka Kaisei gets nothing out of it.

It's not THAT slow. He's still pitching into the 80s and at that level, hitting 80-84 on the corners isn't easy.

I doubt they get much farther than this, but the amount of pitchers who pitch into the high 80s and 90s is very slim. I don't think I've seen one yet (though I admittedly have missed about 5 or 6 games due to the time of night it's on here).

e: Double play! Amazing that they got out of that jam. Fantastic defense too. I'm starting to see why they won Osaka.

Monumma

Nothing in the 90s yet this year (Sendai's Sato pitches tomorrow), and of course i don't need those numbers out of every pitcher. And of course hitting 80 on the corner is not easy and he is pitching well.

That said he is on the lower end of the spectrum as far as velocity in this tournament (with #18 from Hieizan). It seems that most of the other pitchers are about 135-140. And I'd expect someone out of Osaka to throw a little bit harder than the average. Just that.
edit: they wrote on yakyubaka he reached 143. That's even weirder, is he maybe just tired?

Bottom of the ninth.

Wow, they only needed 1 strike; that's crazy/brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom