• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: My Son Has Ruined Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (Don't Have Kids)

TirMcGrey

My kid hates the game.

He was so excited to play it that he started a game and played for a free hew hours while I was at work.

And saved over my 100+ hour game.

I was angry. He was sorry. But now he hates Zelda because they make it too hard for him to switch profiles on WiiU and he is scared of doing the same thing again.

It's not the Wii U that made him hate the game . . .

in the op writer's defense i think it mentions that the kid doesn't want to play on a blank game file, the kid likes all the endgame toys even if he ends up throwing some away.

A good life lesson is the fun stuff takes time and effort!

Do you think I had "fun" grinding to max level, getting the entire sphere grid unlocked in FFX?

No because I used gameshark and cheated, which is another important life lesson

I don't understand why this is an article.

I've read a lot of articles like this in recent years where gaming writers have kids and shoehorn them into an article that's always a veiled "look even my kids are real gamers!" That article crosses a line when you've put a picture of the kid in the article that could be dragged up at any time in his future to embarrass him as "the Zelda kid". Writer might think it's light hearted but it sure reads passive aggressive to me if I'm honest. My kids so hardcore he messes with my saves!

Top Bottom