• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Busiek & Ron Garney: the new ongoing creative team for JLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click on the thumbnails below for larger sizes (sorry they don't match up!):

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15460

Busiek: “The different-creators/different-arcs era for JLA is ending -- sort of -- and Ron and I will be the new ongoing team,” Busiek announced. “After the CSA arc, there's one more, by the Dan-namic Duo of Dan Slott and Dan Jurgens, and then Ron and I are back for the foreseeable future."
So there you have it. Busiek/Garney on JLA "for the forseeable future." Busiek I'm fine with, he's written some great stuff (MARVELS comes to mind) and he's doing a bang-up job with CONAN. But Garney... *looks at samples again* he doesn't exactly "wow" me. I'll admit that his work seems to have improved quite a bit (or maybe he's just not being rushed), and his artistic style seems better suited to this kind of book - costumes capers - than it did to the militaristic, black leather-clad UNCANNY X-MEN. Still, his work has that... I dunno... "90s fill-in artist" look.

We'll see. o_O

nomoment

Kurt Busiek is a dream, but...

1. First arc will be lame because it's a JLA/Avengers follow-up.
2. Ron Garney isn't as good as he used to be. They really need a superstar artist for JLA.

I'll have to put the ol' 'wait and see' on this...

lordmrw

Ron Garney's art looks pretty damn good when he isn't rushed. The 2 part juggernaut story in uncanny is proof of that. But I'm betting that since he's doing this monthly, we won't get that level of quality.

nomoment

lordmrw said:
Ron Garney's art looks pretty damn good when he isn't rushed. The 2 part juggernaut story in uncanny is proof of that. But I'm betting that since he's doing this monthly, we won't get that level of quality.
That art in that storyline was average, at best.

nomoment

Anybody who flipped through this week's JLA issue will realize Ron Garney's art is nothing to be excited about.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

but garney is fine for now. you people worry too much who's gonna be drawing the muscle men and the giant boobs. it's busiek. BUSIEK!!!BUSIEK!!!!
hit the roAD AUSTEN!!!!
p.s: spike, what are they saying in the JLA boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom