• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Russell on Ego The Living Planet:" He is the real deal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

Ego totally boned Krypton.

RZEyVRw.jpg

Cth

Not only is it a human face, but he has a fucking beard. That must be so boring, just staring into space with no one to talk to. Like you can talk in space anyways....

You should read this issue, it's hilarious..

2191209-12.jpg

The skies of Earth are a boiling tempest. Tidal waves threaten the coasts. A large dark force draws closer. Is it Armageddon? Naw, that's love in the air, baby... Ego style! Ego, the Living Planet comes to Earth looking for a little loving. Fortunately the Avenger are around to explain that an interplanetary 'No' means 'No!'.

CLIFF NOTES:
Ego falls for Earth and tries to woo her until he sees she's covered with humans which he views like an STD or something.

As the Avengers approach Ego, Banner finishes his translator, which reveals that Ego is broadcasting cheesy, Ebonics-inflicted pick-up lines: "I was just cruisin' through your little system here and I said to myself: 'Who is that fine blue number three over there sportin' the ice caps...? Hold up, Miss Thang!" The Avengers' response? "Um... o-kaaay..."

avengers12a.jpg

avengers12d.jpg

avengers12b.jpg

The answer, of course, is that The Avengers have to land on Ego and start tearing shit up in order to get its attention. Iron Man triggers some volcanoes, Storm uses her weather-control powers, and The Hulk... well, The Hulk just starts hitting stuff and giving Ego some straight talk.

"Earth just want to be friends!" Hulk yells.

Ego is a bit discomfited, feeling "some kinda indigestion down in my southern hemisphere." This distracts him sufficiently from his attempted seduction that he finally hears the Avengers' message about his presence being inimical to Earth's billions of inhabitants. He doesn't respond the way that the Avengers anticipated, though. "My sweet cosmos! You're covered with them...! I'll be back around-- you clean that act up and we can discuss."

The series when written by Jeff Parker was hilarious.. there was an issue where everyone turned into MODOKs.

modok-avenge-456.jpg

Talka

He's Peter's father in the movie.

If you're concerned about spoilers for the movie, don't click on topics about it.

How was I even supposed to know this thread was about Guardians of the Galaxy?

Total spoiler thread.

Lol all the marvel gaf salt with Fox. Yes they have made some blunders, but they do dope work as well

legion and Logan gonna end up being the best marvel properties this year on tv and film respectively too.

Anyways I wonder if they actually go full planet face in a scene. Shit would be hilarious

Did Apocalypse getting shatted on by every MCU movie from last year not humble you a bit?

CLEEK

Wait Peter's Dad is really Ego or is this just a joke?

If so, thanks for ruining such a big question mark in the series for me, w/ no spoiler warning or anything.. Sheesh...

Also, how does that work?

Struggling to understand how his Earth mom was able to do the thing with something that has so much girth...

Comments from James Gunn stated that they won't be shy in letting it known the character Kurt plays, as this is revealed very early in the film and was never meant to be a twist to surprise audiences.

Kurt playing Ego was officially revealed by Marvel months ago.

The Kree

Banned
Fox is the kid that traded their Turtle Blimp for a complete collection of Rock Lords

Yeah, it's a bad trade. Cannonball is right there with the same powers, has a whole character history and everything. The have a huge well of cool stuff to draw from that they never use.

Slayven

Yeah, it's a bad trade. Cannonball is right there with the same powers, has a whole character history and everything. The have a huge well of cool stuff to draw from that they never use.

Country ass Cannonball and Deadpool? The jokes write themselves

Hell they could have used Skids, same basic power idea

Replicant

Wait, he's a planet?!! I mean Marvel has done some crazy stuff but this is batshit insane territory. Wonder if they can pull it off.

WarRock

I'm not sure what gets me to laugh harder, the fact that Marvel won a lot out of this for no reason or the fact that I'm picturing grown ass men and lawyers crafting contracts and deals about who can use what toy (and the proper procedures to allow certain toys to actually do other stuff).

The Kree

Banned
I'm not sure what gets me to laugh harder, the fact that Marvel won a lot of this for no reason or the fact that I'm picturing grown ass men and lawyers crafting contracts and deals about who can use what toy (and the proper procedures to allow certain toys to actually do other stuff).

If gender was a deciding factor I bet they could have just cast a woman as Cannonball with less hassle.

But I don't think it was. I think the writers just saw the name Negasonic Teenage Warhead and couldn't help themselves.

If gender was a deciding factor I bet they could have just cast a woman as Cannonball with less hassle.

But I don't think it was. I think the writers just saw the name Negasonic Teenage Warhead and couldn't help themselves.

Nah, I bet they knew a New Mutants film was brewing and didn't want to step on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom