• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

last_day_small_2_by_salsasharktopus-d6efb33.gif

we made it​

Couple of things:

• I made the thread up to $5 this year, because there's too-much-stuff. And I wanted to fit it all in one OP.
  • List is ordered by price order starter from cheapest
  • Thread isnt meant to be an OP with ALL the games that are worth it listed, just my own/and GAF's in general taste. It's a platform for you to recommend other stuff (in the same format as in the OP or otherwise), so dont go all "OMG SALSA YOU FORGOT THIS".
  • ALL recommendation text is written by Toma, who came up with the idea of contributing his stuff from his own indie thread he's been running among the main sale. For the games that werent in his thread, I picked up the store description.

Sales end in:

t1374512400z4.png

Useful Links:

How to give stuff away using ModBot

Toma's overlooked Steam indies Thread

SteamDB with all discounts in order

MODBOT & CO GIF DUMP - A gallery with every single GIF I made during the sales

All the daily/flash deals from the sale - Gallery with every screenshot I took for the OT

This is the thread where we highlight a bunch of deals that werent featured for cheaper on any sort of daily/flash/community business, so if you played by the rules (and waited for dailies); this is the day to pick up everything else! until your wallet is FUCKING DEAD :D

And the only rule is:

ibeHPg5w4yGNwI.gif

iPBld1f1X0z7t.png

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack $0.49

Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! are a couple of rip-roaring point-and-click adventure games . With tongue firmly in cheek, sit back, relax, and put your mind to work solving puzzles, and reading some very funny dialogue. It's like a book, only good! From an horrific and untimely death in deep, dark Peru, via preposterous-and-suspect alien invasions, to whipping back-and-forth in time to stop Hitler and his army of robot Nazi dinosaur clones, this is one set of adventures you're unlikely to forget.

Wizorb $0.74

An excellent fantasy themed indie gem dripping with charmed retro flavor complete with breakout gameplay, npc interaction, magic, and boss battles.

Defy Gravity Extended $0.74

Defy Gravity is an action platformer that is a mix between classic platforming and gravity based puzzle solving. Kara, our heroine, has access to a unique gameplay mechanic that she uses to manipulate the world around her.

NightSky $0.99

Nominated as a IGF Seamus McNally Finalist, NightSky is an ambient action-puzzle game that offers a gameplay experience unlike any other

McPixel $0.99

Brilliant and addictive. Figure out how not blow up the scene. If it means shoving something up someone's @$$ it's all good or least within the developers demented consciousness it is. Fail and repeat until you get the solution right. Doesn't make sense, doesn't matter, worth a chuckle or two. Customized visuals through filters is a sweet touch.

The Basement Collection $0.99

The Basement Collection is a compilation of 9 award winning indie games by Edmund McMillen, creator of Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac. All of the games featured in the collection have been revamped and updated, featuring bonus chapters, new music, art and other extras.

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge $0.49

cause you deserve it

ibmLwP1Wpfybum.png

Super Hexagon $1.01

Difficulty done right: each game lasts under a minute. It's really cool to see yourself constantly get better at such a hard game. Extremely clean retro graphics, fast techno music, and a very cheap price point all make this game a winner.

Home $1.01

Home is a unique horror adventure set in a beautifully-realized pixel world. It’s a murder mystery with a twist—because you decide what ultimately happens. Awakened by an oncoming storm, you open your eyes to discover yourself in a strange, dark room—

DLC Quest $1.01

What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that's what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you'll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing.

Your Doodles are Bugged! $1.12

A magic explosion in the studio of Doodleus, the Master Doodler, has hexed his pet bugs into his doodles. Grab the magic pen and help Doodleus to free them again.

Garshasp: The Monster Slayer $1.24

GAR-

Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon $1.24

-SHASP

Critter Crunch $1.46

Puzzle game from Capybara Games. Make the critters explode by feeding them and collect the jewels they drop. Great game to kill time.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution $1.49

Noitu Love 2 is a charming little action game where the two big draws are the fantastic pixel art and the unique mouse + keyboard control scheme. Your character has a fast airdash that is aimed with the mouse cursor, so when you get into a flow you can rack up huge combo points while screaming around a level without even touching the ground.

Sequence $1.99

Sequence is a rhythm game RPG thing where you do battle by juggling three screens of DDR-style moving arrows-- one to block incoming damage, one to recover MP, and one to cast spells-- all set to an awesome soundtrack. There's also a fully-voiced story, crafting, etc etc.

Note: By buying this you contribute to Feep's follow-up hair implants

Shatter $1.99

Ah, Shatter. How do I love thee? Your jaw-dropping electronic soundtrack (which should be- and is- a separate album in itself), your delightful tweaks on traditional Breakout, your technical feats... Shatter is great. And you should buy it.

Cart Life $1.99

Cart Life is a retail simulation for Windows that showcases the lives of street vendors in a small city located in the Western United States. The way they integrated the personal stories into a management sim is something I havent seen anywhere else before and we probably wont see anytime soon again. The clash of arthouse-y animations, tough character issues to resolve and hard as fuck management sim as a metaphor for how hard it is for these people in real life was really pulled off well.

Rock of Ages $1.99

It's a mix between a tower defense and strategy. You need to kill the enemy leader that is inside the base while defending your own, you can put obstacles to slow the enemy boulder and minimize the damage you'll receive. Your boulder is controlled by you, avoiding the enemy traps and trying to keep your speed is essencial to maximize the damage you can deliver. Also the artstyle is very nice.

iwA1Y7nRYGceJ.png

Super House of Dead Ninjas $2.37

If the name isn't good enough on its own, its blistering pace should be. A race to the bottom of the tower with randomly generated areas and filled with enemies that are (mostly) one hit kills, that can kill you just as easily. You gradually unlock more weapons, sub-weapons, magic and health that help vary up your approach.

Hero Academy $2.49

Test your skills in this light-hearted battle between friends! Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?

Dark Void Zero $2.49

Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero".

Retro/Grade $2.49

Play a classic Shoot 'Em Up... in reverse! Navigate deadly enemy waves and un-fire attacks in Retro/Grade, a mind-bending rhythm game by 24 Caret Games.

VVVVVV $2.49

VVVVVV is a retro styled 2D platformer by Terry Cavanagh, creator of dozens of free games. You play as the fearless leader of a team of dimension exploring scientists who inadvertently crash, and are separated. The game involves exploring the strange world you've found yourself in, and reuniting your friends.

Hamilton's Great Adventure $2.49

Hamilton's Great Adventure puts your problem solving and timing skills to the test. Outsmart the enemies, rush through the levels and collect all the bling to ensure your place on the leaderboards. In single player, switch between Hamilton and Sasha the bird to get through more than 60 challenging levels, or play the game in offline...

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy $2.49

You have 30 seconds to save the world from being destroyed! Do quests, help people, destroy the evil and much more in under 30 seconds.

Puzzle Agent $2.49

When White House inquiries to the Scoggins Eraser Co. are answered only with curious puzzles, Nelson Tethers from the U.S. Department of Puzzle Research is sent on the case.

Fly'N $2.49

Fly’N is a PC platformer in which players control four original characters with their own complementary abilities. They are the guardians of the World-Trees: the Buds.

Sine Mora $2.49

Absolute steal at this price. Gorgeous looking shmup with varied level design and tons of challenges and difficulty modes to keep you occupied for a long time. Additionally, it has a very interesting "health" mechanic that punishes you for taking your time instead of your "HP". Highly recommended.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed $2.49

Classic side-scrolling gameplay is reporting back for duty with Bionic Commando Rearmed, a remake of the classic NES game, out now on PC. 20 years after the 8-bit classic was released, Bionic Commando Rearmed recreates the world of the original with a complete "2.5D" visual revamp.

Pid $2.49

A young boy named Kurt finds himself stranded on a peculiar planet, and he must find his way home. Finding help from unlikely allies and the curious tools in his backpack, Kurt must use gravity-defying beams to conquer every platform and solve every puzzle on this strange journey.

PixelJunk Eden $2.49

Oddly calming little 2D web swinging game. Has beautiful visuals and a nice soundtrack so it makes a good game to just chill out to while still having some engaging gameplay.

Psychonauts $2.49

A Psychic Odyssey Through the Minds of Misfits, Monsters, and Madmen. This classic action/adventure platformer from acclaimed developers Double Fine Productions follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin.

Quantum Conundrum $3.05

When you, as a young boy, are dropped off to visit your uncle, you notice something’s wrong. First, he’s not there to greet you. Second, there’s the explosion that happened right as you arrived. And third, the house seems to be even weirder than you remembered it.

Mini Ninjas $3.39

Mini Ninjas is a game that combines furious action with stealth and exploration for an experience that appeals to a wide audience across age groups and preferences. It’s an action-adventure with a strong focus on allowing the player freedom to explore the world and has the depth to allow for very varied gameplay and approaches to getting through the game.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers $3.39

Fantastic platformer where you literally carve your own path, slicing steps, ledges and platforms. Just a joy to play around with.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe $3.39

It’s your job to sneak your way through a deadly facility that’s determined to extinguish your fragile little life. With no weapons and no armour, being seen means instant death. Stay out of the light to avoid the attention of deadly security robots! Leap like a lusty salmon to avoid those zap-happy lasers! Think fast as the walls close in around you! Only the fastest and sneakiest will make it to the exit without being mangled by the facility’s security systems. Will you be among them?

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $3.39

Play as two of gaming's most disturbing and realistic criminals; Lynch – a self medicated psychopath - and Kane - a disillusioned and desperate ex-mercenary, in a gritty and brutal crime shooter from IO Interactive.

Lone Survivor $3.39

Thrilling, scary, stylish and atmospheric adventure with sounds and music that sit as a bespoke suit. The game provides you with feelings and immersion that commercial survival horrors are after.

Dyad $3.74

Abstract action game where you fly down a tunnel avoiding, collecting and shooting various things (each level is different). The sound and visuals are very well done, but the intricacies of the mechanics are what really impressed me.

GRID $3.74

Discover a stunning world of motor sport brought to life, from racing muscle cars through the iconic streets of San Francisco and competing in the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans to drifting around the docks of Yokohama.

Hard Reset Extended Edition $3.74

In the only remaining human city of Bezoar, Major Fletcher, an Army Combat Veteran and soldier of the CLN, is dragged into a conflict between two of mankind's greatest enemies. He is to discover that nothing is what it seems to be. Hard Reset is an action-packed, single-player shooter for the PC.

Pineapple Smash Crew $3.99

Pineapple Smash Crew is a fast paced tactical blast-em-up! PSC features tight squad formation shooting, aliens, robots, zombies and grenades- loads and loads of grenades!

Mortal Kombat Kollection $4.99

The Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, contains all three classic games (Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3) available for download. All three games are complete versions of their original and can now be played online.

BIT.TRIP FATE $4.99

FATE is the penultimate chapter in the six-part BIT.TRIP series and will leave you wondering what’s next.Key Features: The arrow keys control CommanderVideo while the mouse allows you to fire anywhere on screen! Or if you prefer, plug in a controller for dual-stick shooting action!

Ms. Splosion Man $4.99

You got a problem? Yo, she’ll splode it. At the Big Science after-party celebrating the capture of Splosion Man, a spill of champagne shorts out the safety protocols on the splosionatrix and from it emerges Ms. Splosion Man. The latest creation from Twisted Pixel Games, the creators of Splosion Man, The Maw, and Comic Jumper, Ms. Splosion man comes packed with fifty levels of single player and a separate fifty level co-op multiplayer campaign. Expanded map features, tons of unlockables, ghost replays, and countless other improvements make this the definitive edition for any splosion connoisseur.

The Whispered World $4.99

One of the best and truest to the roots adventures when you liked the Sierra Adventures like Kings Quest VIII. Some Puzzles are a bit out of the world but you are definitely in for a treat. Its definitely my favorite adventure by FAR of the recent years. Actually I was thinking about creating an OT when it came out here, but it wasnt out in America yet and I wanted to wait. Well seems I missed that point. The game is great, has some unbelievably charming characters, smart puzzles (that get hard later on) and a very memorable ending. The Whispered World is a great, one of the best recent adventure games. Highly recommended. The voice of Sadwick is annoying though, so be warned.

and that's summer 2013! thanks for all the fun you handsome devils. See you next sales!

illbeback.gif

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Hey GAF, it seems like none of the cards and items I'm selling show up on the market. Is there anything I can do about that? Up until a few hours ago they would always show up in a matter of minutes..

Kuroyume

Banned
Heads up on some cheapish stuff:

Clive Barker's Jericho ($1.24) - Haven't played it yet since I've been busy with FTL and other stuff but I thought the demo was alright a few years back on 360. Janky shooter that didn't set the world on fire but the atmosphere seems to be pretty amazing. Clive Barker after all. Maybe worth a look if you love horror and FPS.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/11420/

Legacy of Kain: Soul Raver ($2.37) http://store.steampowered.com/app/224920/?snr=1_7_15__13
Legacy of Kain: Soul Raver 2 ($2.37) http://store.steampowered.com/app/224940/?snr=1_7_15__13
Legacy of Kain: Defiance ($2.37) http://store.steampowered.com/app/224300/?snr=1_7_15__13
Legacy of Kain: Collection ($6.45) All three games
Pixel Junk Eden ($2.49) http://store.steampowered.com/app/105800/?snr=1_7_15__13

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ms. Splosion Man is the only listed game I don't have. I suppose I should fix that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey GAF, it seems like none of the cards and items I'm selling show up on the market. Is there anything I can do about that? Up until a few hours ago they would always show up in a matter of minutes..

They'll appear eventually. The Steam Community servers tend to get bogged down for some time after the Dailies refresh.

didamangi

If you're thinking about it, skip Wizorb and buy Shatter: Soundtrack Edition. It's the better game with an awesome soundtrack.

Great list.

Some other good cheap stuff:
Cthulhu Saves the World / Breath of Death VII
Toki Tori
Dungeons of Dredmor
Blocks That Matter
The Binding of Isaac
Cardinal Quest

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Giveaway #11 - I'll be back

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-B2B248B1B09CD1A1 - Taken by friedeggs

2 more giveaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom