• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late to the Party Mystic River... Questions inside Aka Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ok first of all it was a great flick... I love movies set up in this vein... however I am a little confused about one thing...........

Why did Ray jr kill his girlfriend? and and why was he kicking the shit out of his brother and his brother's friend if he was in on it? this left me a little perplexed....

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
whoa there champ, he wasn't in on it. his lil brother loved him so much and didn't want him to leave him for her/vegas so he axed her with his friend

Blackace

sefskillz said:
whoa there champ, he wasn't in on it. his lil brother loved him so much and didn't want him to leave him for her/vegas so he axed her with his friend

OH shit!!! I am a dumb ass hahah just watched the scene again... and Ray Jr did kill the girl... but her Boyfriend was named Brendan... haha Sorry and thanks

Blackace

Well never mind!!! Now it is all clear to me!!! Great movie!! Clint did a fine job!!!!

The movie was okay. Nothing special.

The ending was given away the second they played the 911 tape. When the little kid started talking to a friend, but you heard no reply... You knew exactly who it was.

XS+

Banned
Listen to the anonymous 911 call at the beginning of the movie, that tells you the mute kid and his friend killed the girl

As far as Sean Penn movies of 2003 are concerned, 21 Grams > Mystic River.

Also,
the ending was kind of screwed up, but you'd think after the traumatic events of Dave's childhood, he'd know better than to get in a car with strange men..

Blackace

Yeah, I agree...but it did leave you hanging a bit... and it had a great cast... I really dig movies with undersung actors like this one had... It wasn't a OMG what just happened kind of movie... but still nice twist and turns....

Also the end with the wives... kind of twisted... makes me really want to read the book

XS+

Banned
You know what? I don't understand the ending for the life of me. Everyone except Dave's wife didn't seem to care that Jimmy just killed Dave. I mean, Jimmy's wife looked at Dave's wife, gave her a "well, sh@# happens" look, then turned away. Why is that?

Doth Togo

IMO, Marcia Gay Harden is hot. She needed to get naked in this pic.
Her character was such a bitch. NARCing out her husband, regardless of what happened? What kinda devoted wife is that bitch?

Blackace

XS+ said:
You know what? I don't understand the ending for the life of me. Everyone except Dave's wife didn't seem to care that Jimmy just killed Dave. I mean, Jimmy's wife looked at Dave's wife, gave her a "well, sh@# happens" look, then turned away. Why is that?

Well in the one part where Jimmy's wife is giving him that whole speech about we are strong we'll never be weak and all that crap.... she was talking about Dave's wife.. "why did she go crying to you of all people.... a wife should never say such things about her husband" seems like there was tension between the two in the background story from the book or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom