• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Game 5: C9 v Team Liquid

C9 go with a Hecarim/Sivir comp, able to finish off engages and picks with Nautilus, Gragas and Lissandra. Liquid take a very tanky comp with only Piglet as damage. If you ask me, you need to run Nunu jungle instead of Sejuani for vision control - TL are risking getting picked off and dove over and over by not doing so.

And that's gg three minutes in. What on earth were they trying to do.

1.0 - Laning Phase

[I'm going to bed. I have work tomorrow morning and it's 2am.]

Bacon

You really need to question TL's picks the last couple games. Their solo lanes were doing so well earlier in the series. I don't know why they transitioned to more supporty champions in those lanes

Hec probably getting ban the 4th game. All 3 games so far he has advantage over other top laner. Didn't matter in game one because Sneaky's Draven was so far behind but last two game it has mattered.

Liquid should hire me to do pick and bans because they clearly did not listen to my advice....

Good job liquid leave the stupid horse up for the most important game.

brian!

img

Out of the 5 games Hecarim was only banned for game #4.

So how he do in game number 1,2,3,5?

SQskyDo.jpg

OeSdwBa.jpg

Jj5u68F.jpg

iAJGeTZ.jpg

But C'mon what the hell are these coaches doing? Not paying attention to the game?

Game #1 was the only one he lost on but he still up 97 freaking CS.

They would have won if they hadn't put Fenix on fucking Lulu

Seriously, it doesn't work. You place all your team's hopes of winning on Piglet who has to beat Sneaky & Lemon in order to carry. Put Fenix on Vlad, put him on Zed, put him on something that can have an impact.

Atleast XWX will save us tomorrow

I would love for TIP to beat TSM but WXW has been really inconsistent this split. Don't even let him utter the word "Yasuo"

brian!

uol over sk tomorrow
tsm 3-1 t.i.p. but the loss will be because tsm hooligans

tsm vs. uol world finals??

c9 jack chooses to save ellie??

Bacon

Seriously, it doesn't work. You place all your team's hopes of winning on Piglet who has to beat Sneaky & Lemon in order to carry. Put Fenix on Vlad, put him on Zed, put him on something that can have an impact.

I would love for TIP to beat TSM but WXW has been really inconsistent this split. Don't even let him utter the word "Yasuo"

Vlad was banned every game I think but yeah zed was free and was never picked

Vlad was banned every game I think but yeah zed was free and was never picked

If they were ever going to go Zed it should of been game #4.Corki wouldn't have any kill pressure on Zed. So Zed either wins lane or goes even which leads to mid game. And no one was going to stop his split push 1v1 mid game/late game. As for the 4 other members of TL would of been Lulu/Sej/Kalista/Janna and that's a good enough comp to buff/peel for Kalista while Zed does his thing int he side lanes.

Actually looking back at that game that was the game to go Zed. Game #5 there's no reason to go Zed for him.

A) Liss beats/counters Zed. B) Even if IWD camps for Zed probably at best Fenix just go even while Balls gets free roam top lane on an easy Hec vs Maokai matchup. And bot where Lucian is a lane bully wouldn't get extra help to even further their advantageous match up. Unless... TL lane swap that last game. If that's done then Zed became a monster mid game (if he doesn't lose mid or go even). Hec wouldn't be able to stop him in 1v1 if it's a lane swap and he gets denied farm. The trade off is you're tossing the Lucain lane bully if you swap but looking back in hindsight probably still the best choice.

Back to reality... even if that disaster 3 kills didn't happen I didn't like the spot Liquid was in. With Sej/Mao you don't really need Lulu and Lucian isn't exactly a hypercarry. Also Mao going to get crap on in the 1v1 vs Hec. I rather they move Lulu top and gone like Kassadin or even Jayce mid (more mix damage 2 AD, 2 AP/hybrid tank) to deal with Liss. And if you still wanted to do 2v1 then Lulu being range will fair off better than Hec.

Newt

Piglet had compositions made for him. So much focus on him, so much peel for him. He failed to perform.

#KeepKeith

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Piglet had compositions made for him. So much focus on him, so much peel for him. He failed to perform.
Even though some of the comps were geared towards serving an AD carry the playstyle of TL didn't neccesarily match that. If you look at the games TL lost they did a very poor job of funneling gold on to Piglet. It was pretty obvious that Piglet didn't trust his team, and his active time in team fights was very low even when things should've been orbiting around him. I wouldn't trust my team either if Xpecial was my support, but TL had awful/stagnant comps and were slow to strategically react inside games.

Newt

Even though some of the comps were geared towards serving an AD carry the playstyle of TL didn't neccesarily match that. If you look at the games TL lost they did a very poor job of funneling gold on to Piglet. It was pretty obvious that Piglet didn't trust his team, and his active time in team fights was very low even when things should've been orbiting around him. I wouldn't trust my team either if Xpecial was my support, but TL had awful/stagnant comps and were slow to strategically react inside games.
I think the major issue is that he was picking the wrong champions for his comps. Like why play Kalista or Lucian if you have Janna and a Lulu on your team. Like Jinx exists.

dimb

I think the major issue is that he was picking the wrong champions for his comps. Like why play Kalista or Lucian if you have Janna and a Lulu on your team. Like Jinx exists.
I think Lucian is a powerful hyper carry in the late game in his current state. If he's not picking up gold it doesn't matter what champ he's on. Lucian also needs to be way more aggressive with his short range, which Piglet can't take advantage of when he's scared his team won't execute properly on protecting him. TL's 2v2 lane isn't going to stack up against C9's, so if you run something like Jinx you run the risk of getting shut out pretty hard.

Newt

I think Lucian is a powerful hyper carry in the late game in his current state. If he's not picking up gold it doesn't matter what champ he's on. Lucian also needs to be way more aggressive with his short range, which Piglet can't take advantage of when he's scared his team won't execute properly on protecting him. TL's 2v2 lane isn't going to stack up against C9's, so if you run something like Jinx you run the risk of getting shut out pretty hard.
Still would be a better alternative than Jinx/Kalista though. At least this way he could manage to do some meaningful damage, even if he did get a little denied in lane. Heck, even Caitlyn would have been a better option for him.

Bacon

I feel like you have some weird bias toward piglet

Blizzard

Banned
God, it's annoying seeing Piglet doing well. I want him dropped.
That bench is getting mighty cold Piglet :).
I was hoping TL to get stomped, but that was even better than my expectations.
They woulda won if they had Keith.

#KeepKeith
I feel like you have some weird bias toward piglet
Whatever gave you that idea! :p

dimb

But does it matter? Seeing him do well wouldn't make me upset
When players have bad attitudes it reflects negatively on the LCS and League of Legends as a whole. That's TL in a nut shell. Not wanting these players to advance seems like a pretty natural response.

Bacon

When players have bad attitudes it reflects negatively on the LCS and League of Legends as a whole. That's TL in a nut shell. Not wanting these players to advance seems like a pretty natural response.

It certainly seems like a response

Newt

Nah, I don't really hate Piglet, I was just being a bit hyperbolic.

I do want the imported Korean players to get out of the NA LCS though.

Top Bottom