• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Hard

Banned
Deadnames was a Gaffer? I see him around the league forums and the subreddit all the time. I think I even see some former gaffers on there. I spent way too much time lurking lmao.

zkylon

zkylewd
and yet he captured all our hearts

like ahri

ahri_de_league_of_leguends_by_dantrlan-d9n0wd0.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i get the impression that dynamic queues are gonna get pulled

i hope not, but that's the feeling i got from this reddit post from lyte

emphasis feeling

Yea I just had a Blood Moon Elise on my team last game. It's a really nice skin.
she's one of my best tops (which isn't saying much anyways lol) and gold elise is kinda lame, so will have to go pink

pink is the best anyways, got pink lux, pink ahri, now pink elise

where my pink ori at rito

drawkcaB

First game since September. I didn't even realize it had been that long. Trundle is fucking easy mode support. Didn't really want to pick it though, honestly. Went normal draft to see play jungle/support and was going to play Nami but when I saw an enemy Darius, Udyr, and Jinx on the other team the lure of Pillar'ing bitches was too much to pass up.

I have a feeling I'll have to queue as a jungle/top if I want the highest chances of picking up jungle.

i get the impression that dynamic queues are gonna get pulled

i hope not, but that's the feeling i got from this reddit post from lyte

I get the opposite feeling, sadly. I really fucking hate his post, but I'm not going to bother going into a rant about it. All I'm going to say is that it's littered with so-so assumptions.

zkylon

zkylewd
ODR3zHM.jpg

maybe some anime fan will pick up on this (irreputable source)

I get the opposite feeling, sadly. I really fucking hate his post, but I'm not going to bother going into a rant about it. All I'm going to say is that it's littered with so-so assumptions.
r u anti dynamic queue i take it?

how come

drawkcaB

r u anti dynamic queue i take it?

how come[/QUOTE]

My own experiences in TB. Lyte said TB would do this, would do that, etc.

It was supposed to almost never match 5- or 4-man groups against a group of individuals. It did, all the time in my experience. I largely had to stop playing Saturday nights since matchmaking got so bad at one point late last Spring. It's not like I'm high elo by any stretch. The system shouldn't have had issues finding appropriate matches given the player count at my level.

When TB was first released I recall Lyte saying that this number would be tweaked, etc. and it'll fix those matchmaking issues. Never did. I don't see why I should have any faith Riot, a company that while well meaning rarely solves its problem quickly, somehow has everything under control this time.

If I find the time, this might actually be the season I finally dive into ranked since the danger of having to play mid or ADC are largely gone and that's allowed me to significantly shrink my champion pool. I'm not going to bother with it if I just have to suffer through the same annoyances I had with TB.

I'll say this much though: the whole champion select thing is slick as fuck.

(My other complaint with TB was that the system actually kept track of meta picks as the system matured. By the end of it picking jungle Skarner, Sion, Trundle, etc. or any perfectly fine but low play rate jungle pick immediately meant I was in for a long wait. While this problem doesn't exist in the new dynamic queue because champions are picked later on in the process, it wasn't supposed to happen in TB either. So now I'm left to think well, what else isn't going to go according to plan?)

pigeon

Banned
Regardless of what they decide, I think it's not really ideal to post saying that we've decided and we'll post saying what we decided tomorrow.

zkylon

zkylewd
agreed

i'm so ready for new champ select

gonna get to practice my nami a whole lot i hear lol

My own experiences in TB. Lyte said TB would do this, would do that, etc.

It was supposed to almost never match 5- or 4-man groups against a group of individuals. It did, all the time in my experience. I largely had to stop playing Saturday nights since matchmaking got so bad at one point late last Spring. It's not like I'm high elo by any stretch. The system shouldn't have had issues finding appropriate matches given the player count at my level.

When TB was first released I recall Lyte saying that this number would be tweaked, etc. and it'll fix those matchmaking issues. Never did. I don't see why I should have any faith Riot, a company that while well meaning rarely solves its problem quickly, somehow has everything under control this time.

If I find the time, this might actually be the season I finally dive into ranked since the danger of having to play mid or ADC are largely gone and that's allowed me to significantly shrink my champion pool. I'm not going to bother with it if I just have to suffer through the same annoyances I had with TB.

I'll say this much though: the whole champion select thing is slick as fuck.

(My other complaint with TB was that the system actually kept track of meta picks as the system matured. By the end of it picking jungle Skarner, Sion, Trundle, etc. or any perfectly fine but low play rate jungle pick immediately meant I was in for a long wait. While this problem doesn't exist in the new dynamic queue because champions are picked later on in the process, it wasn't supposed to happen in TB either. So now I'm left to think well, what else isn't going to go according to plan?)
my problem with team builder and why i think this might be different (better) is that they made it like an off shoot optional mode

i thought that was a bad idea as teambuilder was a lot better than regular blind pick but by making it optional they just reduced the size of the playerbase and the amount of commitment they put it on it. they kind of just forgot about it like they like to do with those other modes and that was it

since this is replacing league's marquee mode i'm guessing they have no other option than prioritize it and they won't as easily forget about it

it still could be a huge fuck up but i'm guessing they can't just ignore it since that's basically their whole game going to shit

but i'm just happy i'm never gonna play top or jungle ever again. i'll rotate support and adc for my secondary so i don't get bored i guess, but man it feels good just to think about it

WTF does Ez support even bring to lane, though? Casting W through you when you all-in? Like, at least Vel'Koz does a lot of base damage. ADCs are literally designed to be the worst possible supports!
He brings alot of poke and a decent chunking with tunderlords now. Basically you poke the enemy til the back or you all in them.

Moonlight

Banned
Another match against Yasuo. Think I did better this time. Didn't always land my Charms, but learned to play around Wind Wall much better.

I also learned all Yasuo players are jerks, lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dynamic queue will not be removed. most likely just altered. 3 person max? who knows? some solution that does not require a complete overhaul.

You know who's better at that?

LIKE EVERYBODY
Ok i will take riven support for that poke :^)

Hey im just telling you why people play it, i dont even own ezreal. Also ezreal has pretty good poke early on, you just have to be good and be able to hit skill shots.

Why not have this PLUS the old team builder?

Seems like it would make many people happy :/

On a side note ... I hate lopsided games that come from one lane feeding the enemy so hard that they just run around as basically a JG 2.

Just had a game where me and this kick ass Blitz were locking down the enemy Ashe and Lux like it was just child's play ... but the Mid lane Kat fed the Ahri and not only did the JG become prema-bot but the Ahri took herself down there when ever she felt like it (very often, pretty much prema bot). I told mid to ping when she wasn't there cause I got tired of these 4 man rush downs but of course they didn't ...

We all focused on killing her ... but then the other lanes split pushed because that's what happens when everyone is needed to fight 1 mid laner.

Nothing really enjoyable from a game like that for me.

EDIT- holy shit, I have been waiting for 15mins to be primary Support/ Secondary bot o_O

I ended up gaining 24 LP for a ranked game that I tried to dodge but couldn't since my computer locked up.

Our top lane Taric toyed with the enemy jungler/top laner and our AP Alistar support went postal on their bot lane. #RankedAfterDark

pigeon

Banned
I am embarrassed at getting outlaned by a Morgana top. She couldn't kill me but she did out-CS me. Meanwhile our Talon mid went 1/10 by doing his best Scrumm impression whenever the enemy team happened by. Less effective against Kindred's ult.

There is your answer.

Teambuilder in my server:
tumblr_inline_ncrgpgGdOH1qecxse.gif

Everyone wants to Sup? That's the hot thing now?

Decided it was taking too long and just jumped over to random ... shockingly enough someone beat me to the draw and called Support. The only open spot was Mid so I took Ahri.

Somehow with my fumbling fingers I out played the Lablanc in Lane and got a good bit of kills off her. She DID fool me with her clone passive everytime though ... but the rush down R was all I needed to finish her off when she did that.

Starting to like Ahri more ... still gonna take Vi mid when ever I get her but Ahri is a champ I'd like to get better at. (Feel like her Q was longer the last time I played her o_O)

Leezard

I guess the outcry was loud enough. We'll have to see if there's enough interest to make the queue viable; if there are enough people using it.

Skux

So they've given us solo queue, but made it completely pointless by shifting all of the ranked rewards to dynamic. It's going to be a graveyard.

Why not have different rewards for each ladder? That would keep people engaged with both systems.

jerd

So they've given us solo queue, but made it completely pointless by shifting all of the ranked rewards to dynamic. It's going to be a graveyard.

Why not have different rewards for each ladder? That would keep people engaged with both systems.

Meaning when they remove solo q in season 7 nobody will miss it

almost rank 5 on kindred and still don't feel comfortable taking her into ranked wtf is this champion

jerd

What i don't get about the dynamic q is everyone is claiming the games aren't even and they're getting matched against groups, but how do they know? I haven't been able to tell a difference at all and i only queue solo. Idk for sure but i have a feeling a little bit of confirmation bias is kicking in after people lose.

Top Bottom