• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT12| No more Lyte, just darkness.

Dekutulla

Aw man, I missed Costy's christmas list even though I sent in before all the slots were filled :(

Oh well. I hope the winter rift lasts into January, it went up after I went home for the holidays so I haven't had the chance to play on it. Gotta use that fiddles skin at some point~

Aw man, I missed Costy's christmas list even though I sent in before all the slots were filled :(

Oh well. I hope the winter rift lasts into January, it went up after I went home for the holidays so I haven't had the chance to play on it. Gotta use that fiddles skin at some point~

you didn't, I just haven't sent stuff out yet!

sorry, I can be lazy about this stuff. Will do it this weekend

scy

all adcs use either warlords or fervor, the one that's more op at the time. jhin uses dft cos he's weird. all junglers used that hp mastery for all year, all tanks used grasp, all mids used thunderlords, etc.

A lot of top laners in general, even the tanks, have a choice depending on the match-up so I feel like approaching it with a blanket statement for every case is already pretty wrong. It's also worth noting the jungle was another spot with TLD vs SotA (and I'm fully on-board SotA was a poor keystone since it didn't really give a gameplay element). ADC is pretty much just down to which AA-based option is best though.

you already play differently against different champions, this isn't something terribly new imo

I feel like if this is your takeaway, you're missing my point on what I think the keystones add? Which is partially my fault for bringing in variety on a single champion to it I guess. The point is more the keystone indicates a play pattern to take note of. I'm saying this primarily from the viewpoint of new players picking the game up and learning now as opposed to earlier seasons. The keystones are a champion agnostic thing for players to look at and relate that to expected gameplay for specific champions they may not know or be familiar with.

That you play differently isn't new; that you can make judgement calls solely off knowing the keystone and use that knowledge of what that keystone means across multiple champions is something fairly new with the keystones being as hefty as they are. The issue of a lack of variety or meaningful options for mages is another thing entirely.

Edit: Basically, I view the keystones as kind of a way for players to take knowledge of one champion / one matchup and better use that information in other matchups. As the champion pool gets larger and larger, this way of reusing things you learn is pretty handy and a nice way to make things not feel ... well, to reuse the meme, as burden of knowledge-y.

This is my first birthday in which I kind of felt old. I don't know, I was watching my niece(1 month) and just thinking about how likely it's that she will get to be alive in 2100, and I don't lol. And just wondering what she may get to see in her last years vs my last years. Mmmm. Oh yeah, it's my birthday. Yei?

The bright side: Alive just in time to play League of Legends!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This is my first birthday in which I kind of felt old. I don't know, I was watching my niece(1 month) and just thinking about how likely it's that she will get to be alive in 2100, and I don't lol. And just wondering what she may get to see in her last years vs my last years. Mmmm. Oh yeah, it's my birthday. Yei?

the doc i was working with last month

told me it's all down hill after 20

FeelsBadMan

zkylon

zkylewd
A lot of top laners in general, even the tanks, have a choice depending on the match-up so I feel like approaching it with a blanket statement for every case is already pretty wrong. It's also worth noting the jungle was another spot with TLD vs SotA (and I'm fully on-board SotA was a poor keystone since it didn't really give a gameplay element). ADC is pretty much just down to which AA-based option is best though.
idk maybe NOW after a year of balance headaches but for the better part of the year all the top laners ran grasp and that was it. and honestly right now all the top laners run the colossus one so idk if that's truth either. i'll trust you cos i don't play bruisers but honestly all the times i've played were grasp v grasp and now colossus v colossus

imo for most champions the keystone choice is non existant

I feel like if this is your takeaway, you're missing my point on what I think the keystones add? Which is partially my fault for bringing in variety on a single champion to it I guess. The point is more the keystone indicates a play pattern to take note of. I'm saying this primarily from the viewpoint of new players picking the game up and learning now as opposed to earlier seasons. The keystones are a champion agnostic thing for players to look at and relate that to expected gameplay for specific champions they may not know or be familiar with.

That you play differently isn't new; that you can make judgement calls solely off knowing the keystone and use that knowledge of what that keystone means across multiple champions is something fairly new with the keystones being as hefty as they are. The issue of a lack of variety or meaningful options for mages is another thing entirely.

Edit: Basically, I view the keystones as kind of a way for players to take knowledge of one champion / one matchup and better use that information in other matchups. As the champion pool gets larger and larger, this way of reusing things you learn is pretty handy and a nice way to make things not feel ... well, to reuse the meme, as burden of knowledge-y.
i don't even think it's that great for that since you should be seeing your first keystones at lvl 18 (kind of pointless right now to be getting into how unfair a keystone vs no keystone matchup is, but that's there too). sure, your road to learning the game hasn't even begun at lvl 18, but surely there are better, more elegant, less disruptive (remember that we all had to relearn all masteries and how much those things warped the meta through the year by playing "who can abuse this keystone" best) ways to teach player how to lane than this mess

i appreciate what you say when i put my designer hat on but when i put myself in the position of the everyday player i am, i would just rather have a balanced game instead of these false choices that accidentally created a sort of laning template that could've been probably be taught in some other way (like putting it in dorans ring or something?)

happy birthday kitsu <3 but pls let's not talk age or i'll kill myself

Can anyone tell me why the tower didn't hit the Zed?
http://plays.tv/video/5866e8aae15c2afb84/broken-tower
feels like he might've gone out of tower aggro range when he ulted back and that shit just timed with regular turret shots or something

edit: nvm the turret just bugs out at the end when he walks out and it shoots the minion next to him

zkylon

zkylewd
i could've used this video yesterday while making my list (terrible music aside)

i forgot a couple big ones

1. how fantastic the documentaries and videos rito made around esports. they were already great in 2015 but they were probably even better in 2016. honestly all esports in 2016 was so great, all they need now is puppets

2. the chroma backtrack was a sound decision and while i still think it's very shitty to sell palette swaps, it's not surprising considering riot is a company that sells fucking avatars lol. but hey, they did it (wouldn't ever admit their original pitch was absolute garbage and everyone hated it but what can you do). new system is much better, good on em i guess

3. arcade ahri was the best skin of the year. i also like that they finally released baker pantheon with a companion leona skin. i really like them shipping those two

and one bad to finish it off

MissFortune_Splash_9.jpg

this monstruosity

What was wrong with the Pool Party MF splash?

Was is something involving her design, or the fact that everyone in the pool isn't shocked to death by Blitz?

zkylon

zkylewd
What was wrong with the Pool Party MF splash?

Was is something involving her design, or the fact that everyone in the pool isn't shocked to death by Blitz?

just the background being a horror show haha

honestly i don't think it bears mentioning that much but i just remembered it and felt like people deserved reminding haha

here's some compensation art

that splash art isn't that bad. look at how lee sin is holding his phone up to take a picture, but it's upside down because he's blind and blind people can't see what they're doing

all chat was cringy, forced, and nobody would have watched it had it not been featured on the front page of the client constantly.

the episodes with guests who clearly didn't care at all about league of legends were the worst.

We all know its always only your team that gets tilted
Nah, when people start bickering in all chat you start taking sides and whatever was left of their will to play just dies or they start wasting time flaming each other harder.

X: report Y
Me: actually you ruined this game X
X and Y: *monkey noises*

If you disable all chat, do you see your teammates all chat messages? Honestly don't know since I have always played with all chat enabled.

Nah, when people start bickering in all chat you start taking sides and whatever was left of their will to play just dies or they start wasting time flaming each other harder.

X: report Y
Me: actually you ruined this game X
X and Y: *monkey noises*

You're only proving my point that /all chat isnt needed lol

Top Bottom