• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

zkylon

zkylewd
C9NtNc-V0AALvWo.jpg
C9NtOp-UMAEM7Rz.jpg

eat shit blizzard

Ever

Banned
Man Riot's art department has been pumping out so many great splashes, it makes the mediocre (Conqueror Karma) and the outright bad (Pool Party Miss Fortune) ones stick out so much.

Nekofrog

Banned
Is there anyone on lan who is gold/plat/diamond that wants to play? IDC which of the three it is, I'll play with anyone. Or I can play normals with people under that

drawkcaB

Normal matchmaking served up a bunch of crow tonight. Good lord I got demolished in the jungle. Teams were lopsided enough as it is given the players' ranks, but throw in a 5-man group followed by a 4-man when my team had a duo in the 2nd match...what a miserable experience. Ever since I made it to 10 games over .500 in normals the matchmaking has gone to complete shit. I feel like I'm making zero improvement in the jungle right now. Goddamn depressing.

faridmon

Man Riot's art department has been pumping out so many great splashes, it makes the mediocre (Conqueror Karma) and the outright bad (Pool Party Miss Fortune) ones stick out so much.

Yeah, 90% of the art of the new characters, reworks and skins have been phenomenal.

and then you see shits like these cooks skins and you think where it went all wrong.

Just had game of teemo vs darius. Both looking really strong right now, but Darius looks to have the better early game.

What do you guys think? Darius vs Teemo?

Leezard

Just had game of teemo vs darius. Both looking really strong right now, but Darius looks to have the better early game.

Is Teemo auto attack range outside Darius E range? In that case, Teemo should win in a straight 1v1 but lose in ganks and 2v2. If not, Darius should win as soon as he can all-in.

faridmon

Is Teemo auto attack range outside Darius E range? In that case, Teemo should win in a straight 1v1 but lose in ganks and 2v2. If not, Darius should win as soon as he can all-in.

Doesn't Teemo outright counters Darius? I mean not only his range but also mushrooms are poisonous for any heavy any slow melee/bruiser character

Leezard

Doesn't Teemo outright counters Darius? I mean not only his range but also mushrooms are poisonous for any heavy any slow melee/bruiser character

Teemo is gonna make Darius life hell in a 1v1 in early levels, but if Darius can reliably catch him with E he will win in time. That does depend on E range vs Teemo auto attack range, which I don't know off of the top of my head.

That's what I thought. But I did a little checking. Teemo auto is within Darius pull range. Teemo's q is out of range.

An aggressive darius could probably make a teemos life hell.

JulianImp

Having watched lots of that challenger Teemo otp, I can say he always starts boots and plays really carefully to bait apprehends and only goes in for real while its on cooldown. Make him waste that move and he just can't threaten anything else, and once Teemo builds frozen mallet Darius will be eating way too many fervor-empowered retaliation autos every time he whiffs a grab. Teemo might be forced to match Darius' swifties with a pair of his own if his apprehends are on point, but if he plays it well (like ipav does) then Darius will end up getting zoned out of farming cs, and that can allow Teemo to win the lane even if he doesn't get to score any early/solo kills early.

Guess it'd be a whole different story for ap Teemo though, since he can't kite as well due to not having mallet or extra movespeed (unless he somehow decides to go Luden's, I guess), and his Q hurts more but doesn't really stop Darius' important skills (grab, heal and ult), even though it does prevent him from adding passive stacks after grabbing Teemo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you guys even know how Darius is played? He just takes Flash+Ghost and runs you down. If he gets kills and is not punished by the jungler then he wins. If something goes wrong he will fall behind....

fuck riot

this kinda mm is unacceptable

also why do you have a smurf

They were playing blind normals. Are Ray/Contractz just not supposed to be able to find a game in normals? Because I have to imagine the number of masters/challenger level players who are playing blind normals at 3AM (CST) is like fucking nobody.

Not really, he's pretty bad vs most meta tops. I'd only play him into something like Rumble.

he seemed bad the one game i played against him

tho i was playing quinn so it's kind of weird

also i just realized i could've bought executioner's calling lol
Hmm, looking for a decent top Mage. Swain? There was one in a game of mine weeks ago and he wrecked. Kennen I don't think I would like.

JulianImp

Is vlad still ok toplane?

Well, he does give Teemo a hard time for all that's worth (which isn't much, most likely). I guess I was seeing him often in ipav's games as an aswer to his Teemo more than picking Vlad simply because he was popular or something. But then, they probably should've gone Jayce to make his life hell instead.

I've seen Vlad and Swain as far as mages go in his games, and both have pretty annoying kits for Teemo, at the very least. Biggest issue with Swain (at least, don't remember how it goes with Vlad) is that rushing cowl really hampers his damage.

Do you guys even know how Darius is played? He just takes Flash+Ghost and runs you down. If he gets kills and is not punished by the jungler then he wins. If something goes wrong he will fall behind....

Then I guess all the Darius pav plays in high diamond/masters are doing things wrong (which they probably are since they miss apprehend and get punished to hell and back for it, for starters). Ghost does make more sense for his than ignite/tp, but I've never seen Darius in his stream run it at all.

Quonny

EZREAL NENDOROID

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, looking for a decent top Mage. Swain? There was one in a game of mine weeks ago and he wrecked. Kennen I don't think I would like.
you should try my toplane leblanc

100% can't fail

EZREAL NENDOROID

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
finally a reasonable response

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure how i feel about the trailer

like it's neat it's more long form but it's still a pretty context-less generic fight. there's probably a reason for this but it's not present in the trailer so idk

also i felt faces didn't look great at times, tho idk, that's the weird style mix they got going on on their cg videos that i never found it looked very good.

they could've done better

faridmon

Finally found my mojo

5 wins in my last 7 games and back to mid table in B4. Climbing Steadily.

Thank god for Naut!

Can someone explain to me why the support is farming minions outside while the adc is fighting 1 on 1 with Zed?

so true lol

so zed lives in a tree and worships rocks

xayah and rakan communicate telekinetically

I liked the vid. The animations were fine also, taking into consideration that rito likes doing stylized takes.

Top Bottom