• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Talents

Banned
I wish they'd give Azir a buff that'd make him not strong again, but make it so he's playable. He's one of my favourite champs but playing him is asking to lose. The only way you can pick him is if you're against another really really weak laner like Veigar or some shit.

Riot didn't Olaf LeBlanc, Olafing is when lots of small nerfs leads to a big dropoff in winrate.

Riot Azired LeBlanc, where obvious big nerfs and gonna lead to obvious drops in winrate.
Azir was Olafed, what happend with LeBlanc was getting Evefied aka aiming to delete the champion from the game

Newt

Eh Yasuo is slightly overpowered right now, but Riot did mention that have plans to nerf him.

Rengar and Zed are fairly balanced ATM, but no-one wants to play against them.

Of course, I'm an ADC main and ADCs never get banned because they always have counterplay. Doesn't matter that much to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i actually quite like anivia

messing up ppl's pathing with the wall is fun and not having to worry about doing anything other than farming is kinda relaxing

Riot didn't Olaf LeBlanc, Olafing is when lots of small nerfs leads to a big dropoff in winrate.

Riot Azired LeBlanc, where obvious big nerfs and gonna lead to obvious drops in winrate.

i agree more with how lotion put it, but i would put aziring and eveing as subcategories of olafing

I wish they'd give Azir a buff that'd make him not strong again, but make it so he's playable. He's one of my favourite champs but playing him is asking to lose. The only way you can pick him is if you're against another really really weak laner like Veigar or some shit.
idk what that buff would be

i was never the biggest fan of azir but after they removed the knockup on his e it just made shurima shuffling very difficult for me and that was kind of the one thing i really really loved about him

i think they tried chipping away at all his bullshit but he probably needs a rework of some kind

sadly you can't balance all generalist champions into thresh i guess

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like leblanc got taliyah'd tho (again a subcategory of olafing)

minor nerfs to chip away at their power until riot gives up and deletes them from the game

i can't remember if eve even got that much

Newt

Real talk though, LeBlanc was literally one of the most unfun champion to play against after her rework. She couldn't stay in the game like that.

JulianImp

LB really isn't doing that much deceiving anymore, IMO. Even though it was a single ability, I'd say her old passive was much more deceitful than her new ult. W is the only thing that's consistent, but then again Zed also does that; heck, even Shaco does deceiving better than LB, IMO.

And that reminds me that TF is still one of my favorite champion designs with how his mechanics tie to his theme of luck/skill (ie: you can randomly get lucky and draw a yellow card when you need it, or you can actually count in your head to pull a string of them back-to-back). There're actually few other champions whose kit works like that for me, but that's probably because TF's theme is more abstract than most others'.

Anyway... Malz and LB re-rework when?

zkylon

zkylewd
that's still on riot for screwing up her rework, specially since it meant having to do a pretty dramatic playstyle switch and also kind of turning all your acquired mechanics upside down

There was nothing deceitful about her old passive since there was many ways to keep track of who was the real LB. I still can't see what changed so much about LB besides shuffling her numbers around and making her ult clunkier.

Real talk, Riot needs to stop using these class updates to do half assed reworks on champions that need brand new kits.

drawkcaB

100%. They've messed up more champions than they've corrected. As an added "bonus" the class updates coming twice a year means the amount of time where the game's balance actually feels like it's in a good state is pretty short.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like i was really positive on the idea of class updates but it just hasn't been working out so i feel pretty burned

There was nothing deceitful about her old passive since there was many ways to keep track of who was the real LB. I still can't see what changed so much about LB besides shuffling her numbers around and making her ult clunkier.

Real talk, Riot needs to stop using these class updates to do half assed reworks on champions that need brand new kits.
the instant snap back on her w allowed you do to a lot more mindfuckery than today that's for sure. the passive was lame but kind of the same lame as her new ult clone, both actually come in effect meaningfully once every 50 games or whatever

and the number shuffling was a big deal since she got pretty much unlimited access to her burst

I think they see that and that's why they're trying to cut the number of BIG updates in the class reworks. For the tanks they're just doing 3 big reworks (2 of which are for champs with basic ass kits to begin with) and seem to be using this as a chance to see how to go about making tanks in the future.

Anyways, Kog'Maw and Twitch are completely busted right now.

I would spam them in solo q, but Draven and Cait are working quite well for me right now.

lol what

that's not olafing

Olafing is when something gets nerfed to oblivion in a single patch... like Olaf did.

Ever

Banned
BADdIFo.png

Gold 3 awaits

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm struggling to find any interest in actually climbing. My main account is probably nearing decay soon. I only really care about playing games with my friends who only play ranked but aren't high enough to play with my main account. I guess what I'm saying is I'm probably done earnestly trying to climb since I got diamond last season as I have no interest in playing on it anymore.

Ever

Banned
I'm struggling to find any interest in actually climbing. My main account is probably nearing decay soon. I only really care about playing games with my friends who only play ranked but aren't high enough to play with my main account. I guess what I'm saying is I'm probably done earnestly trying to climb since I got diamond last season as I have no interest in playing on it anymore.

1v1 me and find that love again

zkylon

zkylewd
I think they see that and that's why they're trying to cut the number of BIG updates in the class reworks. For the tanks they're just doing 3 big reworks (2 of which are for champs with basic ass kits to begin with) and seem to be using this as a chance to see how to go about making tanks in the future.
we'll see if they find the magic number

i was initially super into the idea but you can't help but feel they're half assing it and i don't want anything less than full ass :>

hmm, think i need to add another mage to my lineup to spice things up.

I love playing/ the playstyle of xerath/vel/ap kog. Immobile mages that can go braindead farming/push at certain points. That can poke from a good distance, since I suck at positioning.

I don't like the playstyle of Ekko/Azir or care to learn ad mid champs. Assassins are meh for me since I guess I'm too used to the playstyle of artillery types?

Any suggestions?

I miss old Xerath T_T.

I love playing/ the playstyle of xerath/vel/ap kog. Immobile mages that can go braindead farming/push at certain points. That can poke from a good distance, since I suck at positioning.

I don't like the playstyle of Ekko/Azir or care to learn ad mid champs. Assassins are meh for me since I guess I'm too used to the playstyle of artillery types?

Any suggestions?

I miss old Xerath T_T.

I'd suggest Vladimir. Spammable poke and ridiculously easy farming. He's not really an artillery type, but since you're not to enthusiastic about assassins, he's a decent mage to pick up. If I were to suggest an AD, it'd be Zed. Zed is the ish.

Any suggestions?

I miss old Xerath T_T.
Ziggs

The Olaf nerfs weren't actually that big though.

he was considered the worst champion in the game after them, having previously been the most disgusting OP champion, and wasn't even considered remotely pickable again til he was reworked.

I don't even know if you were playing when it happened

there's a reason it's called Olafing

Olaf was nuked out of orbit. They destroyed his stickiness, his damage and his sustain all in one go to the point he had to be fucking reworked back into the game.

zkylon

zkylewd

Any suggestions?

I miss old Xerath T_T.

i actually think xerath is kinda fine atm

i would say varus but you don't like ad mids and i think mid varus probably got hit really hard last patch

Newt

he was considered the worst champion in the game after them, having previously been the most disgusting OP champion, and wasn't even considered remotely pickable again til he was reworked.

I don't even know if you were playing when it happened

there's a reason it's called Olafing
I know that, and I was around when it happened. It's just that if you look at the nerfs themselves, they seemed small. Of course his winrate got destroyed though.

d8104f4f4f6a3a7d945a679f0810c721.png

17 game winstreak continues. Got carried this round, fed Zed hurts :(.

Newt

18th win in a row and promotion feels good. I don't know what I even changed, but I didn't drop a single game in d4. Fervor buffs?

2062c6c214f622546a568f1df790dbb2.png

DevilDog

Ok so, I play ashe, and I feel like I'm only good for crowd control, because once i'm starting dealing damage someone will jump on me and insta kill me. I'm such a squishie.

Am I picking the wrong items? I only go for damage/speed and attack speed.

Newt

Ok so, I play ashe, and I feel like I'm only good for crowd control, because once i'm starting dealing damage someone will jump on me and insta kill me. I'm such a squishie.

Am I picking the wrong items? I only go for damage/speed and attack speed.
You're playing the wrong role.

once i'm starting dealing damage someone will jump on me and insta kill me.

Just make sure that you never say anything in /all chat when you get insta killed. If you do, you'll get camped to oblivion.

People like myself love to make sure that ADCs don't get to enjoy their League of Legends experience.

WHAT IS ADC

etc

Oh, ADC is another term for attack damage carry- basically, marksmen. They're the folks you take bot.

And if you don't know what /all chat is, it's where you can talk to the enemy team during the game in chat. i think you have to manually enable it in the options. The reason I told you it's wise not to show frustration in /all chat is because when people do that, they get focused harder in hopes that they'll just leave the game or something.

DevilDog

Oh, ADC is another term for attack damage carry- basically, marksmen. They're the folks you take bot.

And if you don't know what /all chat is, it's where you can talk to the enemy team during the game in chat. i think you have to manually enable it in the options. The reason I told you it's wise not to show frustration in /all chat is because when people do that, they get focused harder.

ok

I never got frustrated so far, this is the funniest game I've ever played.

DevilDog

No intention of enabling it, there is no reason to.

So I just run away all the time with her.

What side powers should I get? I'd figure flash/teleport would be good for my escapes.

Thanks for all the answers.

how to play adc

Grab your gamecube controller, hold the L and R triggers and A button. While doing so, press Start.

Then go from ADC to a different role.

Top Bottom