• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

lRm77Fx.png

yea no joke they absolutely deleted leblanc

i think leblanc might be the weakest lvl 1 champion in the game, every point you put into anything feels like you're not gaining any power, your waveclear always falls a bit short, it's terrible :/

there's just no reason to play leblanc anymore, they 100% ruined her

Dat Illaoi carrying lebanc corpse

Talents

Banned
That's the best way to learn a champ though, go ham and see when you're strong.

I learnt that Camille is not stronger than Malz with ignite level 2.

The more you know.

TheFlow

Banned
look at my last game and tell me what is wrong with the picture. outside of the hella bad jinx rushing a night of edge. or the vi jungler with no lane pressure. The colossus azir pick. I even told him don't pick azir. azir is bad. most bronze game I ever played. Ugh. If I lose I don't want to lose because a couple of bronze players snuck into my game.

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow

edit: we just talked about building correctly. so this is a good example of why building paths makes a game

zkylon

zkylewd
TqNSbsF.png

meanwhile anivia is the most braindead champion ever and it's super broken

literally no pressure for you to do anything, you win just by time moving forward lol

Dat Illaoi carrying lebanc corpse

yea lol

she had like two 1v4 quadras so we dove fountain to get her a penta in the end

zkylon

zkylewd
Filthy Anivia abuser.
little incentive for playing a champion that takes skill if riot nerfs her to the ground while i can just play this braindead risk adverse champion that always has broken numbers but riot doesn't care cos not enough ppl play her or she's not popular in competitive or whatever

h9ubLxl.jpg

rip

HowZatOZ

Banned
So, I haven't played LoL in a good year or so, probably just before the new dragons came in and around the time aioli sauce was introduced which felt like a really broken champ. A friend at work keeps nudging me to play and I'm half tempted to jump back in on a casual basis. Is there perhaps a roundup of where the game currently is, including the latest changes?

I was silver in competitive, almost on the verge of gold before I quit. I know mages got a massive change, but from memory I mainly played jungle amumu or a top bruiser. Though Annie always had a sweet spot in my heart for mid.

yea no joke they absolutely deleted leblanc

i think leblanc might be the weakest lvl 1 champion in the game, every point you put into anything feels like you're not gaining any power, your waveclear always falls a bit short, it's terrible :/

there's just no reason to play leblanc anymore, they 100% ruined her

edit: wrong stuff so editing it out :T

I like the idea of the W nerf. Using it for damage was always the most boring way to play old Leblanc. The problem is that they've taken all the fun out of the rest of her kit, so the champion has nothing left now.

It's like the ingredients are all the same and recipe hasn't changed... but you have a new chef who's untalented and using poor quality produce to make a shittier version of a dish you love.

Leezard

So, I haven't played LoL in a good year or so, probably just before the new dragons came in and around the time aioli sauce was introduced which felt like a really broken champ. A friend at work keeps nudging me to play and I'm half tempted to jump back in on a casual basis. Is there perhaps a roundup of where the game currently is, including the latest changes?

I was silver in competitive, almost on the verge of gold before I quit. I know mages got a massive change, but from memory I mainly played jungle amumu or a top bruiser. Though Annie always had a sweet spot in my heart for mid.
You might have some luck in the r/summonerschool subreddit on reddit. They do post meta update summaries every now and then. You might find a recent summary there.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like the idea of the W nerf. Using it for damage was always the most boring way to play old Leblanc. The problem is that they've taken all the fun out of the rest of her kit, so the champion has nothing left now.

It's like the ingredients are all the same and recipe hasn't changed... but you have a new chef who's untalented and using poor quality produce to make a shittier version of a dish you love.
they haven't really taken all the fun out of her, i liked her better before since you actually felt like a deceiver rather than a mage, but i was having a lot fun playing her last week, but sadly they've nerfed her to the point they've landed on numbers that feel really absurd because they have to balance everything around a passive which they cannot nerf

katarina has the exact same issue, all her damage was moved to her passive so she's busted in high elo where ppl can optimize her passive, while her high base numbers mean she's also pretty strong for the average player too. she's not super popular in competitive yet and idk if she'll become 100% P/B like leblanc since she's less of a mage but she's on an upward trend and she has the exact same problem

Kat does not have the same problems as Leblanc lol

Nowhere near close. You have way more opportunities to deny Kat her damage than you have with LB.

scy

Sexy redhead assassin

That's pretty much it

Oh, from a design aesthetic. Sure, I can see that. She's mostly gameplay hook and fanservice hooks.

haha

honestly i don't disagree with lotion, i just think champions with centralized, always-on dmg like leblanc or katarina are impossible to balance

It's always going to be the problem with the champions designed about outplay or hype reel moments probably? That you do sort of end up designed into this spot they're always 'live' so they can have their moment so they live or die based solely on the execution level above and beyond most anything else.

Or they get gutted to the point they can't achieve what they're supposed to in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's always going to be the problem with the champions designed about outplay or hype reel moments probably? That you do sort of end up designed into this spot they're always 'live' so they can have their moment so they live or die based solely on the execution level above and beyond most anything else.

Or they get gutted to the point they can't achieve what they're supposed to in the first place.
idk, that's not how zed and ahri work, and they can have their big outplay moments. so did pre-rework leblanc

for kat i can kinda see it since overall her rework was an improvement, but for lb i feel like they just designed themselves into a corner

Oh my bad guys, thought you meant FQC

my bad, ignore the whole thing

Kill me, softly.

Supports are chained with starter relic<Sightstone + pinks<upgraded starter relic or upgraded relic sightsone +pinks<Redemption+pinks<Solari+pinks.

Unless you want to go full AP after sightstone

Newt

no one takes skill in ur opinion

Champions that take skill list:

Ashe
Azir
Bard
Caitlyn
Cass
Choggy
Draven
Elise
Ezreal
GP
Gnar
Gragas
Jayce
Jhin
Kalista
Kindred
Koggy
Lee Sin
Lissandra
Lucian
Lulu
Morg
Nami (fine :/)
Nid
Ori
Renekton (early is braindead, but you gotta play smart later on)
Rengar
Riven
Rumble
Ryze
Shen
Sivir
Syndra
Kench
Taliyah
Taric
Thresh
TF
Twitch
Urgot
Vayne
Varus (post nerfs)
Viktor
Vlad
Yasuo
Yorick (I don't even know what this champ does, and it's not worth the effort to find out)
Zed
Zilean

JulianImp

Post-rework Yorick is a decent-ish fighter/bully (I think), but ultimately relies on landing his Es to sic ghouls onto your enemies and some prep time to harvest them in the first place. His ult can even be used to splitpush while you roam elsewhere, but it often felt to me like Yorick wanted his ghost thing to be in fights so he can get that bonus damage on all his attacks, on top of it being kind of weak if you leave it alone.

He's definitely not the best toplaner in his class by any means, but I've heard he's much better off than he was before his rework, at the very least.

Top Bottom