• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

This is why I take your thoughts on Rengar with a grain of salt lol
I know all of Rengar's abilities, he's an actual played champion.

And man, my first d4 games were so great, this one just ruined everything.

45595a87085aa969cc88f2c8eee67aa7.jpg

I know all of Rengar's abilities, he's an actual played champion

Unless the conversation is about a champion that is universally recognized as a high-skill champion by developers and the community (i.e: Azir), simply knowing a champion's abilities doesn't automatically grant credibility.

I mean, you once told me that you were shocked to find out that players were taking Warrior enchanment on Bruiser Rengar because you thought rushing CInderhulk was how to play him. Even Rengar players/junglers in Bronze V know better than that.

Newt

I mean fair enough, but I can recognize if someone is playing poorly without having great knowledge of the champion they're playing. There's so many general things that just don't vary champion to champion.

Anyways, it's just obvious Rengar is a higher skill requiring champ than someone like Amumu per say. Essentially I rank skill as champions with the most opportunity to make mistakes.

yorick is so obnoxious to play against

Got abused last night as Rumble in that matchup. No idea what the right way to play it is but if you don't have a dash to escape his box after he uses his ranged slow, you're in for some pain. And Rumble's pretty bad at dealing with his splitpush pressure too. Gnar would probably be good against him.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta love noot's skill list having pretty much every adc except mf lol

not even gonna debate it cos skill lists are worthless since everyone has a different opinion of what skill even is

leblanc is a high skillcap and high skillfloor champion, and one that's required to snowball and carry to do well. she's mechanically complex since there's a lot she needs to keep track of, and she clearly rewards players that do, given how busted she is in high elo. she's given the tools to do all these things tho, and she's had dumb numbers since her rework, but she's still a skill reliant champion by the definition i've just given

put it in your top 10 adc list or not, fine by me

At least it's not a Funko Pop.
yeah, i guess

you know what else isn't a funko pop tho

x_gsc90306_1_.jpg

GSCN005-Nendoroid-Queen-of-Pain-front-1000x1000.jpg

if you guys want i can do a support vod review of myself to point out shit that you guys probably miss during laning.

also this meta probably heavily suits me lol. ignite supports are back in style and i fucking hated always taking exhaust bot.

drawkcaB

Looks like Kalista is back.

Played Sion and Braum support games to see how SBP works for them and had some good results. Cait had doubts on Sion support which I suppose I get, but it doesn't take much to see why it's good. She changed her mind by the end of the match. Braum game I was paired with an Ez and we easily won our lane, but our mid and top were crap and it all fell apart by the 25 min mark. I'm not too bothered by it. Looking up the pre-game info it was an obvious case of normals matchmaking (tm) completely shitting the bed. I thought it'd be a 20 min surrender before the match started.

Gripex has been using SBP on Tahm jungle and it seems like he finally has a keystone he can properly use. His support win rates have gone up a few percent, and the way Nunu's went up quite a bit as well since SBP gives me hope I can finally whip out my favorite off-meta pick.

if you guys want i can do a support vod review of myself to point out shit that you guys probably miss during laning.

I wouldn't mind that. Hell, point out what you're doing post laning too. I find that's my weak point respective of what I think my current level is.

also this meta probably heavily suits me lol. ignite supports are back in style and i fucking hated always taking exhaust bot.

Same. Fuck exhaust.

TheFlow

Banned
I should make a guide on how to carry with Nami. 5 game win streak.

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=7flow

I am now S2.

Gotta thank Leezard and NA LCS. I noticed a lot of Diamond and pro players rushed cdr boots and after the switch I notice a huge improvement. plus cdr boots make so much sense till late game, then I can just trade them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yu8FxrU.png

i don't know what to say about these people anymore lol

Do you own Elise? She seems like the type of champ you'd like to play in that role.
yeah i love elise, but she's like one of the hardest junglers to play effectively i feel

you need to be really good at pathing cos other junglers like khazix or graves can just beat u with numbers, and i have played jungle like 6 times in my whole league career so i'd probably get crushed lol

maybe i should spam her on flex or something

TheFlow

Banned
Wow, Which division you started

haha Silver. I was S3 but as the others will tell you I got tilted and dropped down to S5 which might as well be bronze.

if there is one thing I gotta say instead of trying to play new roles and stuff focus on mastering your champ pool.

zkylon

zkylewd
In 2013 We made a conscious effort to shift away from the "hourglass girls" we had been making for years. We just had so many women in our game that could easily be described by, "Syndra, but in a different cosplay." We needed more variety. There are a lot of different ways to make compelling female characters that don't revolve around raw sex appeal. IMO having a large variety of female and male characters is really good for us. Lets us hit a ton of different niches which is important with a roster as big as ours.
That said, it's been a loooooong time (over 3 years) since we've made a new first order appealing female character (like Lux, Ahri, or Jinx). I think it's important we make another, not because "OMG SEX APPEAL," but because "I feel attractive" is a compelling character fantasy that a lot of players (men and women) really attach to. The key is the character's looks HAVE TO MAKE SENSE. Visuals should support the overall theme of a character, not be there in spite of it. The way Caitlyn looks makes no sense for a prim and proper sheriff. The way Ahri looks makes a ton of sense for a succubus.

august browning is good people

i want him to make a mage now, three hit passives be damned

I really dislike Elise players, those junglers believe they can carry the game, inflate their ego on early game then starts to feed on mid game because they dont understand why they cant do damage anymore and go solo vs 2 or just farm on lanes because they can defeat the enemy jungler or do some impact in game. always dying first on TF and being the last to help because they were farming the jungle and never try to do dragon after being ganked once

august browning is good people

i want him to make a mage now, three hit passives be damned

Then you have to look at recent skins for women to remember the sex appeal never dissapeared

TheFlow

Banned
I really dislike Elise players, those junglers believe they can carry the game, inflate their ego on early game then starts to feed on mid game because they dont understand why they cant do damage anymore and go solo vs 2 or just farm on lanes because they can defeat the enemy jungler or do some impact in game. always dying first on TF and being the last to help because they were farming the jungle and never try to do dragon after being ganked once

Then you have to look at recent skins for women to remember the sex appeal never dissapeared
You just described most early gankers.

That said, it's been a loooooong time (over 3 years) since we've made a new first order appealing female character (like Lux, Ahri, or Jinx). I think it's important we make another, not because "OMG SEX APPEAL," but because "I feel attractive" is a compelling character fantasy that a lot of players (men and women) really attach to. The key is the character's looks HAVE TO MAKE SENSE. Visuals should support the overall theme of a character, not be there in spite of it. The way Caitlyn looks makes no sense for a prim and proper sheriff. The way Ahri looks makes a ton of sense for a succubus.
Do it Riot

Do ittt

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
jungle is easy

take twitch

take red buff

run straight to mid

get a kill 2 minutes into the game

rinse, repeat, every time red buff is up

zkylon

zkylewd
Do it Riot

Do ittt
Ye, taliyah was cool but it's about time

jungle is easy

take twitch

take red buff

run straight to mid

get a kill 2 minutes into the game

rinse, repeat, every time red buff is up
I don't like twitch

I'm liking this idea of spamming Elise on flex, will probably lose like a billion games but I'll probably learn a bit

Elise is a cool champ

he doesn't wrk on League anymore, he's in R&D
Blegh

Newt

I was talking to Levi yesterday and it basically sucks that when 10 bans gets implemented, champions like Rengar, Zed and Yasuo will basically be removed from the game lol.

Newt

Riot didn't Olaf LeBlanc, Olafing is when lots of small nerfs leads to a big dropoff in winrate.

Riot Azired LeBlanc, where obvious big nerfs and gonna lead to obvious drops in winrate.

Anyways, Kog'Maw and Twitch are completely busted right now.

I would spam them in solo q, but Draven and Cait are working quite well for me right now.

Top Bottom