• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

That would be my point, yes. They have the same range / same mechanics interactions.
They're both ranged champions with lower range.

Anyways, played some custom games with Naota, and these champs seem insanely broken together.

It's super easy to get the snare as the ADC, and the support has more mobility than Lee Sin.

The support can literally dash onto a team-mates, flash knockup charm the entire enemy team, and dash back into the safety of his team. Insane.

I feel like they both need some nerfs before hitting live.

drawkcaB

The support can literally dash onto a team-mates, flash knockup charm the entire enemy team, and dash back into the safety of his team. Insane.

Yep. Frankly worried. Riot's champ design team has been really letting me down for the last while.

zkylon

zkylewd
portrait-xayah.png

ok finally took a good look at em, they look great, specially xayah i think looks awesome, but they're both so fucking smug, i love it. i also really dig that they're lovers, i feel like league has a lot of tangentially related characters but not enough like meaningful relationships (of any kind, not just romantic) so this feels like a great addition, specially when they're mixing that up with their gameplay (she's the aggressive one so she helps him deal dmg, and he's the protective one so he rushes in her aid, and they both tango together to back, it's so good!), and also the double release

that's all pretty fucking great, i love it

the kits are pretty interesting, i guess rakan is the fabled support assassin, crazy mobility for a support, really interesting ideas (the ult seems kind of busted but he's probably gonna be a squishy mage support so probably not gonna be easy to just charm the entire enemy team?)

xayah sounds like a champion i would like to play if she wasn't an adc, she looks really fun

the lover abilities seem pretty subdued so it doesn't seem like they'll be noticeably weaker if you just pick some other support or something, tho the speedy recall sounds really strong

not sure if i feel these kits are gonna be toxic, there's a lot of mobility and cc in them which sounds pretty scary but not even combined it couldn't be worse than camille

gj rito

Oh. They added MIA lines.
really??

NICE

Calvero

Banned

Anyways, played some custom games with Naota, and these champs seem insanely broken together.

It's super easy to get the snare as the ADC, and the support has more mobility than Lee Sin.

the dash is a whole lot smaller on allies that aren't Xayah though, but yes, i don't really see a reason not to take these two together if you can

edit: and yeah zky the synchronized recall is actually ridiculous if you get caught as Rakan while Xayah is backing you can just max range dash and recall lmao

Newt

Yep. Frankly worried. Riot's champ design team has been really letting me down for the last while.
I feel like their kits are fine, but Riot needs add in some heavy nerfs before release.

Though, I've only been able to play Xayah, both of the champs are really fun to play.

I feel like their kits are fine, but Riot needs add in some heavy nerfs before release.

Though, I've only been able to play Xayah, both of the champs are really fun to play.

They're fiiiine.

Rakan might be a little bit strong, but they're fiiine.

Newt

Breezy you don't even play the game, forget PBE lol.

How can you tell if they're fine?

They're both pretty overpowered right now.

zkylon

zkylewd
is this the first time costy is credited on the patchnotes?

congrats costy

also my #1 theory why they released 2 champions at once is that rito got mad that no one called kindred "them" so now they've check mated us into doing so

well played rito

...well played

is this the first time costy is credited on the patchnotes?

congrats costy

also my #1 theory why they released 2 champions at once is that rito got mad that no one called kindred "them" so now they've check mated us into doing so

well played rito

...well played

haha yeah I've been writing on them for a while but this patch I wrote like half the notes and they were like "oh yeah we should probably add your name to this thing lol we should have done it ages ago"

was definitely a cool tingly feeling to see my name on those things, been kind of a dream for a while to be writing on them since before I even joined Riot

scy

That was my original point, yes. Was just clarifying it for the series of "He's a melee" posts that, no, he's not a melee at all as far as the mechanics interactions are concerned (e.g., Relic Shield works but no execute assist).

How many times did it take you to actually buy the goddamn champs? I spent like an hour before giving up to store errors.

Breezy you don't even play the game, forget PBE lol.

How can you tell if they're fine.

They're both pretty overpowered right now.

They're fine. All of Xayahs skills are essentially skillshots(Her ult being a wider range). Her Q also has a wind up(About .5-1 seconds) that is telegraphed obviously. Her E is literally telegraphed and dodgeable as long as you don't form a line between Xayah and her feathers. Her ult is also telegraphed pretty well~

On Rakan, he has alot of mobility. It's a bit different from most supports, sure. But like Xayah, he's mostly skillshots aside from his jump to an ally. His Knock up also has a telegraph to it. His charm is a little different, but he can be CCed/knocked back, effectively negating his ult. Looking at it now sure it seems strong, but in practice it'll require teamwork in order to make the most of it.(IE Malphite ulting in, Rakan jumping in on him, ulting and charming everyone.)

Not really egregious, and not as egregious as Ivern. It's just because their kits are different from the norm that you think they're OP.

This'll be another case of Breezy being right™

Newt

That was my original point, yes. Was just clarifying it for the series of "He's a melee" posts that, no, he's not a melee at all as far as the mechanics interactions are concerned (e.g., Relic Shield works but no execute assist).

How many times did it take you to actually buy the goddamn champs? I spent like an hour before giving up to store errors.
Yeah, I thought he was a melee champ too before I saw him ingame.

I was actually never able to buy them, but they're on free week rotation.

zkylon

zkylewd
haha yeah I've been writing on them for a while but this patch I wrote like half the notes and they were like "oh yeah we should probably add your name to this thing lol we should have done it ages ago"

was definitely a cool tingly feeling to see my name on those things, been kind of a dream for a while to be writing on them since before I even joined Riot
did they make u write the camille nerfs just to watch u suffer

blink twice if yes

Newt

Also I feel like the Lux buffs are kinda disappointing.

She wasn't even that weak, and these kind of buffs are just making her less fun to play against.

drawkcaB

I'm not really convinced it's strictly a numbers thing. Mobility paired with two strong forms of AoE that can be chained is overkill. At least he needs to get in close with all that mobility? Nah, fuck that, give him Thresh's auto range, cause that never caused any balance problems.

I despise when people say a champion on the PBE is fun to play. Yeah, OP overloaded kits are fun to play. Offers no more insight than saying the Sun rises in east, water is wet, and scratching my balls when they itch feels nice.

Riot's belief that it's acceptable to overload kits if it has lots of skill shots needs to die.

Newt

His range is really low. He's prone to get bullied around in lane, and his Q harass and heal are actually pretty weak. Numbers changed could definitely fix up him and Xayah.

I'm not really convinced it's strictly a numbers thing. Mobility paired with two strong forms of AoE that can be chained is overkill. At least he needs to get in close with all that mobility? Nah, fuck that, give him Thresh's auto range, cause that never caused any balance problems.

I despise when people say a champion on the PBE is fun to play. Yeah, OP overloaded kits are fun to play. Offers no more insight than saying the Sun rises in east, water is wet, and scratching my balls when they itch feels nice.

Riot's belief that it's acceptable to overload kits if it has lots of skill shots needs to die.

I think it's a matter of Riots new philosophy versus the champions already in the game. If all the older champions were as overloaded as Rakan, Rakan would be alright. But they aren't, so there's this sort of Divide between old and new(And it's not just unique to Rakan, IE Ivern, Camille, etc. suffer these problems as well.).

Looking at Rakan from the lens of the most recent champions released in the last year, he's alright in terms of kit. Looking at Rakan from the lens of all the supports in the game, his mobility does offer a problem and offers something that no other support can emulate. I mean, his combo potential is amazing. He's something different, he's something made with Ritos current philosophy, and because of that yeah he's going to SEEM OP.

But I promise you he's not. He's just different. You leave my beautiful boy Rakan alone. You don't know what he's gone through.

zkylon

zkylewd
Also I feel like the Lux buffs are kinda disappointing.

She wasn't even that weak, and these kind of buffs are just making her less fun to play against.

i think she is weak or at least she feels weak. most strong midlaners have way more lane presence and are better at roaming and teamfights than she is. like anivia, ahri, cassi, ori, taliyah, syndra, even gunblade leblanc, they all feel much more in control of the lane than lux, and with much more well rounded kits, lux is just like do nothing until u hit q. it was better when her w was stronger but they hit that pretty hard with nerfs.

the buff is really lame for me too, it encourages you to just play assassin lux which is already the most effective way of playing her, but also the most bullshitty since it's just abusing fog of war for instagibs when you don't even have to aim more than one skillshot. it also means failing to kill ppl with finales funkeln (say they survive with 2 hp and u kill em with an auto) is really punishing

i think it's a really ill conceived buff, like they were out of ideas or something

i want true sight somewhere in her kit, i think that's thematic and cool damn it lol

drawkcaB

His range is really low. He's prone to get bullied around in lane, and his Q harass and heal are actually pretty weak. Numbers changed could definitely fix up him and Xayah.

Fixing a champ isn't just a numbers thing though. You can play with the numbers of the Camilles, Rengars, Yasuos, and Ekkos of LoL it doesn't mean you actually corrected the problems in the kits.

I don't what these champions to be problematic. I don't want to have to play hot potato with bans every time Riot releases a new or updated champ. But the frequency at which that occurs...I don't give Riot benefit of the doubt anymore.

i want true sight somewhere in her kit, i think that's thematic and cool damn it lol

People have been asking for that sensible change for it seems like years now. May as well just give up. Join me in my sad corner. You can talk about true vision on Lux's kit while I cry that Tahm can't eat buff monsters.

zkylon

zkylewd
If Syndra's target dies mid-cast, remaining nearby Dark Spheres will continue to pummel their corpse
i really hope u wrote this costy

People have been asking for that sensible change for it seems like years now. May as well just give up. Join me in my sad corner. You can talk about true vision on Lux's kit while I cry that Tahm can't eat buff monsters.

i'll sign ur petition if u sign mine <3

drawkcaB

i'll sign ur petition if u sign mine <3

We'll need something more dramatic. We'll go down to Riot HQ in Cali. You'll flash non-stop a high-powered searchlight at their office windows while every hour I gut one cat fish and whip the corpse at the front doors until our demands are met.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like it would be hard to put me in rito hq and prevent me from trashing the place trying to find a spare ahri nendo

i know they have them somewhere those dicks

they'll probably retcon alistar, twitch, and wukong to be vastayan I imagine

It's ok I suppose? Having unified lore is nice, but at the same time it spawns the issue of 'And who was that mysterious stranger? none other than...wukong.'.

JulianImp

Kinda got carried this game, but I really think Ahri is way too much of a fuck-up proof champ. Probably needs a light rework.

Props to Fid for acutally building a damn sightstone. Nothing annoys me more than seeing supports who "forget" to buy those and suddenly our team's at a huge disadvantage when it comes to vision control. The only way it'd be worse would be if they also swapped their wards for the red trinket.

Playing support myself I know the importance of warding in other positions (hate when people flame their supports because the whole map isn't covered in wards), but one of the cool things of going Teemo is that I do help a lot with vision (should drop my wards more often instead of just using shrooms, though).

Newt

Props to Fid for acutally building a damn sightstone. Nothing annoys me more than seeing supports who "forget" to buy those and suddenly our team's at a huge disadvantage when it comes to vision control. The only way it'd be worse would be if they also swapped their wards for the red trinket.

Playing support myself I know the importance of warding in other positions (hate when people flame their supports because the whole map isn't covered in wards), but one of the cool things of going Teemo is that I do help a lot with vision (should drop my wards more often instead of just using shrooms, though).
Don't really have to worry about that sort of thing at my elo. There's a bunch of other stupid shit people do though.

DRE Fei

Xayah - Interesting outplay potential with the ult, but what happens when she lands?
She will kite pretty well with Q - AA - E combo, but if she loses lane she's gonna struggle HARD due to being an immobile ADC with low utility. At least ashe/jhin can press R on someone from long range when they lost lane.

Rakan - Basically the lee sin of bot lane with tons of mobility and cc. I'm picturing four man charm ult into W knockup into malphite/galio ult/shockwave wombo combo. There are many possibilities. He even has some decent AP scalings too. I can see people 1 tricking this guy just like thresh/bard. IMO he's much more interesting and more meta than Xayah.

Top Bottom