• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

scy

ADC keep getting the interesting champions.

When in your life ever have you heard someone say 'answer (your) expectations'? If you think hard you might come up with 1-2 instances. In english we 'meet expectations' or 'live up to expectations'. However, in Japanese you 'answer expectations'. So looking at it through the critical eye of someone who does some translation as part of his job, it's bothering me that people are giving a pass to what should be a super easy phrase to localize.

I've kept myself relatively spoiler free but all the examples so far seem to be "workable, but why?" translations. Mostly seems bizarre since it's Atlus and not a fan project localization effort.

ADC keep getting the interesting champions.

I've kept myself relatively spoiler free but all the examples so far seem to be "workable, but why?" translations. Mostly seems bizarre since it's Atlus and not a fan project localization effort.

Right. There are some people in the threads like 'well damn, guess I'm cancelling my pre-order'. Those people are morons. Honestly your brain will probably gloss over a lot of the weird-but-workable translations. I am just coming at this from the perspective of someone who both does some localizing as part of my job.

I'm planning to pick up P5 on my way home from work tonight and get a couple hours in.

drawkcaB

I think they fixed the Tahm bug that let's the champ devour the buff monsters. Easy come, easy go, I guess...

Worth those sweet Bard buffs though.

These two champions are making want to start playing more bot/support actually. Have they said if you get the two for the price of one?

drawkcaB

So which one of those motherfuckers can jungle?

Probably neither, sad face. Would have been nice since I'm having a touch of trouble finishing a champion pool for the jungle that includes only nature or monster themed champions.

EDIT: OMG THEY HAVE A SHARED BACK ANIMATION

Pineconn

These two champions are making want to start playing more bot/support actually. Have they said if you get the two for the price of one?

LOL

You'll pay 7800 IP (or RP) for each individually and you'll like it!

I wouldn't be surprised if they bundle them together (and their skins?) for a minor RP discount.

drawkcaB

Gotta say I'm not a fan what-so-ever of the champions having additional effects if they're together. That's a balance problem just waiting to happen. I was optimistic when I saw the reddit post that said it's more like they have good synergy like certain other ADC/support pairings, but this isn't anything like that.

The dude's kit looks pretty awesome. The ADC's kit looks lame.

I agree. My main concern is that neither seem to be filling a niche of any sort. They'll be picked when they're strong, and not picked when they're weak, so that trend continues in LoL's champ pool which is unfortunate.

Made for our bot lane tbh

aww hell yeah, dibs on xayah tho

tenor.gif

I agree. My main concern is that neither seem to be filling a niche of any sort. They'll be picked when they're strong, and not picked when they're weak, so that trend continues in LoL's champ pool which is unfortunate.

Just by looking at his kit, my guess is that he's going to be a good support pick even if he's not super OP. He seems like the type of champion that has a Lee Sin-like kit that is super solid and is capable of making plays. Only time will tell.

clemenx

Banned
They don't seem to have anything outlandish when paired. I'm actually a bit disappointed in that front, though I understand for balancing purposes.3

Unless I misread something which always happens with new champs lol

They don't seem to have anything outlandish when paired. I'm actually a bit disappointed in that front, though I understand for balancing purposes.3

Unless I misread something which always happens with new champs lol

The synced back actually looked pretty big (though not game breaking).

With the duo champs confirmed, as well as Cosmic Blade Yi, I'M READY FOR THE REST IF THE LEAKS TO BE TRUE.

GIVE ME STAR GUARDIAN EZREAL.
GIVE ME STAR GUARDIAN SYNDRA.
GIVE ME DARK STAR ORIANNA.

Oh and a lewd Eve sounds cool too. Maybe enough to make me pick up jg if I have to.

Urgot being a juggernaut meat grinder sounds neat too.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would be excited for star guardian syndra if there weren't like 10 of those skins already

to me skins feel a lot more special when they're not part of a skinline

also dark star orianna sounds really lame :T

i would be excited for star guardian syndra if there weren't like 10 of those skins already

to me skins feel a lot more special when they're not part of a skinline

also dark star orianna sounds really lame :T

Star Guardian is Star Guardian. *shrugs*
I'm not gonna complain. I love every single one of those skins.

And if Dark Star Ori is anything like the fanmade one that guy posted on Reddit, it'll be dope.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Honestly all the leaked skins sound lame and are for champs who really don't need more skins and and now that dual champ and master Yi skin pretty much confirms them the next few months of releases are gonna be super boring zzzzzzzzzzz

scy

Rakan seems to be a mobile take on a Braum or Taric type; unless he's gutted in values, I'm not sure it's possible for him to not see some play based on that alone.

Xayah will depend more on the tuning and specifics of her numbers since her role and all but her gimmick is at least pretty interesting to me, albeit potentially too slow to be late game viable (I feel like this may have been said at some point in early Kalista evaluations, however). Highlight reel ultimate at least will be a treat to see. Really want to see specifics on feather ranges for how she'll work in both sides of sieging.

Rakan seems to be a mobile take on a Braum or Taric type; unless he's gutted in values, I'm not sure it's possible for him to not see some play based on that alone.

Xayah will depend more on the tuning and specifics of her numbers since her role and all but her gimmick is at least pretty interesting to me, albeit potentially too slow to be late game viable (I feel like this may have been said at some point in early Kalista evaluations, however). Highlight reel ultimate at least will be a treat to see. Really want to see specifics on feather ranges for how she'll work in both sides of sieging.
It depends on how her kit works, she basically has a passive Twitch ult and her W could be a pretty big steroid depending on uptime, I need to see if her piercing autos apply on hits and if Runaan bolts apply feathers. The potential is definitely there.

So since this is a twofer champ release, that means high chance of next champ being a Mage. Hope it's a rangey Mage like xer or vel.

I honestly dont mind the other skins. Omega squad sure, Teemo needs his squad. Cosmic Reaver and Dark Star are cool ideas. Star Guardian is whatever, fanservice.

But yasuo and riven getting more skins. Come on.

Top Bottom