• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may just have to reinstall LoL for that spectator update. I honestly don't think I'm cut out for MOBA games, but they sure are fun to watch. The fact that you'll be able to watch high-level play with it is interesting to me.

Achtius

I may just have to reinstall LoL for that spectator update. I honestly don't think I'm cut out for MOBA games, but they sure are fun to watch. The fact that you'll be able to watch high-level play with it is interesting to me.

you can always play ai or dominion with me

Ken

Been having fun with Hecarim. I like his ganks and ultimate. Been building Wriggles and Trinity Force first, and if the game goes well I'll try for PD/Bloodthirster or if not, more defensive items.

Merovin

Been having fun with Hecarim. I like his ganks and ultimate. Been building Wriggles and Trinity Force first, and if the game goes well I'll try for PD/Bloodthirster or if not, more defensive items.

Hecarim is good fun, I've found getting a Youmuu's Ghostblade after the Trinity can be very enjoyable.

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who owns and can play amumu when I go katarina. Turnip did it once, and I got some ranked guy to do it once, and I'm pretty sure I won both games.

Then just now their highest ELO picks kat, and bans riven (good counter against kat), AND immediately gets two players on the team to go wukong and amumu. Why can't I ever get people to do that? :(

I'm starting to think I should start adventures in Solo Ranked. I tried two consecutive games in unranked today, winning one and losing one. Lost one because I got destroyed top due to my own stupidity, and won the other one because the other team was simply much worse... and I went for a troll Kayle build (Tooth + Tiamat).

It'd be nice to crawl up and have consistently nice teammates. Gotta step my own game up, though...

I just managed to talk/impress someone away from the edge of the cliff in the game haha. Our team was up by quite a bit and our mid was insulting our top (for bragging about one of his kills...). He DC'd after a few of the insults and didn't come back for ten minutes. When he did come back he said he would only play if our mid apologized, which the mid refused to do. I was pleading for him to just play as to not spite the whole team for just one individual. He still wasn't playing and we were slowly being pushed into our base.

The other team grabbed a free baron and pushed down to our base turret mid as we were poking at them. Our jungle Ali did a nice initiate and I picked up a 1v4 quadra as Graves after the other three people on my team died (I was 1-5-1 before that fight haha, but I was up 80+ CS on their AD). This prompted our top to compliment me, but said he still wouldn't come back. The next fight I got a second quadra, which convinced him to come back. I ended the game 16-6-6 with two quadras and two triple kills. We would have lost if he didn't come back because the other team could have dragged it out forever which normally means a loss.

FoxSpirit

If everybody wins... Who is losing?
The bots, of course :p

Ugh, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who owns and can play amumu when I go katarina. Turnip did it once, and I got some ranked guy to do it once, and I'm pretty sure I won both games.

Then just now their highest ELO picks kat, and bans riven (good counter against kat), AND immediately gets two players on the team to go wukong and amumu. Why can't I ever get people to do that? :(
Amumu in jungle or as support?

I'm starting to think I should start adventures in Solo Ranked. I tried two consecutive games in unranked today, winning one and losing one. Lost one because I got destroyed top due to my own stupidity, and won the other one because the other team was simply much worse... and I went for a troll Kayle build (Tooth + Tiamat).

It'd be nice to crawl up and have consistently nice teammates. Gotta step my own game up, though...
I have bad news: this will never happen. The consistent teammates, I mean. Even at 2k4 elo you can have people do really stupid stuff. Players say the key is to to stay calm and take a commading role in directing your team.... calmly. Otherwise you allegedly don't even make it this high up.

I just managed to talk/impress someone away from the edge of the cliff in the game haha. Our team was up by quite a bit and our mid was insulting our top (for bragging about one of his kills...). He DC'd after a few of the insults and didn't come back for ten minutes. When he did come back he said he would only play if our mid apologized, which the mid refused to do. I was pleading for him to just play as to not spite the whole team for just one individual. He still wasn't playing and we were slowly being pushed into our base.

The other team grabbed a free baron and pushed down to our base turret mid as we were poking at them. Our jungle Ali did a nice initiate and I picked up a 1v4 quadra as Graves after the other three people on my team died (I was 1-5-1 before that fight haha, but I was up 80+ CS on their AD). This prompted our top to compliment me, but said he still wouldn't come back. The next fight I got a second quadra, which convinced him to come back. I ended the game 16-6-6 with two quadras and two triple kills. We would have lost if he didn't come back because the other team could have dragged it out forever which normally means a loss.
This is still a real dick move and completely report worthy but the fact he actually came back and you won mitigates it. Still...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ugh, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who owns and can play amumu when I go katarina.
Wait for his buffs next patch. He's also pretty weak against strong counter junglers, who are very popular right now.

Koomaster

Sounds like a dick move to basically screw 3 other people because of what one guy said. Sometimes you just have to press on and /ignore someone who is taunting you. Not saying the guy who was insulting him was in the right, but it's ludicrous to ask for an apology in the middle of a match.

Hope you reported them both. ~___~

Sounds like a dick move to basically screw 3 other people because of what one guy said. Sometimes you just have to press on and /ignore someone who is taunting you. Not saying the guy who was insulting him was in the right, but it's ludicrous to ask for an apology in the middle of a match.

Hope you reported them both. ~___~

Yea, I reported both, I think most people did. I just didn't tell them I did/rub it in their face. I find a lot of people blow the game simply by threatening someone who is being a dick rather than pleading with them. If you want to tell them off, leave it for after you've won (if that is what is important to you at least, I wanted to win as it was Ranked).

brian!

so basically you were just sacrificing lives to sate the lord of blood, pretty satanic tho

Ken

Twitches on my team never realize how squishy the champion is. Unstealthing in front of full health champions ughhhhh.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Jax is SOOOOO OP in Dom mode. Early game he's meh, but mid game once he gets a gunblade and he levels up his E OMG. He just snowballs late game with his E it's redonkulous.

Dat Dodge = OP!

Been running Jungle WW with really good success in Ranked. His ganks are just really strong post-6. He really destroys AP carries mid w/ flash + ult, or just an ult if the lane isn't pushed. I've been grabbing him by forcing them too choose between banning him or another typically banned champ like Morg or Shen. To do this just ban someone like Soraka or Rammus.

Edit: I'm now 18-7 with him this season, and 47-22 with him last season, all jungle, no top/mid.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Been running Jungle WW with really good success in Ranked. His ganks are just really strong post-6. He really destroys AP carries mid w/ flash + ult, or just an ult if the lane isn't pushed. I've been grabbing him by forcing them too choose between banning him or another typically banned champ like Morg or Shen. To do this just ban someone like Soraka or Rammus.

Edit: I'm now 18-7 with him this season, and 47-22 with him last season, all jungle, no top/mid.

Don't you feel like his pre 6 ganks aren't that great tho so you have to really push to get to 6 ASAP? I feel like if I have to wait to lvl 6 that it can be to long of a wait sometimes. :/

Ken

What happens if the entire team builds QSS?

I've been playing around with Maokai jungle while he's free and his WE is great fun. Still kind of iffy on his ultimate but he seems to have easier ganks than Hecarim.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't you feel like his pre 6 ganks aren't that great tho so you have to really push to get to 6 ASAP? I feel like if I have to wait to lvl 6 that it can be to long of a wait sometimes. :/
This is the biggest problem with ultra low level warwick ranked games in my opinion. By the time warwick is level 6, their level 2 lee sin/xin/shyvana/whatever has already gotten first blood, ganked 2-3 times, and stolen a few of your jungle camps/buffs. Meanwhile, bot lane has fed 4 kills and at least one player is raging in chat.

y2dvd

I dropped Junglewick only because there's so many better junlgers now. Lanewick is a beast though and he's the only character in which I got over a 90% win rate lol.

Junglewick needs exhaust or red buff to effectively gank pre 6. It's why I prefer other junglers to him. You can still effectively gank pre 6 and carry Flash or Ghost.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This is the biggest problem with ultra low level warwick ranked games in my opinion. By the time warwick is level 6, their level 2 lee sin/xin/shyvana/whatever has already gotten first blood, ganked 2-3 times, and stolen a few of your jungle camps/buffs. Meanwhile, bot lane has fed 4 kills and at least one player is raging in chat.
I basically had this exact same situation in a ranked game as jungle Skarner last night. And I even carried out a successful pre-6 gank, but mid and bot fed so hard it didn't even matter.

I find I can normally force a flash or two before six by just sticking my head in lane, I don't get kills, but I might get a hit or two off and force them to play more cautiously. I also really like it absorbing a bit of XP in lanes when champs go back. I normally get lvl 6 somewhere in between 7:00 and 7:30 and then get a pretty automatic kill if I go mid. WW just proves to be very consistent for me, and I build a lot of early game AD on him so he can clear fast (flat AD quints, start with Long Sword + Pot). I don't have much trouble with counter jungling because I have a lot more sustain early on than most and the early AD keeps me high health and moving fast through the jungle.

It is true though that my strategy relies on my teammates not giving up a stupid amount of kills early, but in general as a jungler I try to communicate that they should expect a lot of support when I hit lvl 6 and to be cautious until then. I also ping out and communicate where I think their jungler is going to be at what times. If it's Lee Sin, watch for the Red Buff into top/mid lane gank early (or bot lane if he starts on the bottom half) and stuff like that.

Late game I do a good job of picking off the carry for the rest of the team. I think he is just the champion I really understand positioning on the most. I know his limits, how and when he can tower dive, if I can ult a champion without getting it disabled. Stuff like that. Too bad he's gonna get nerfed, I'm going to try to use him as much as possible before the patch.

Blizzard

Banned
Why would you play jungle WW when you could play jungle Mundo?
A reason one might want to play jungle warwick is because warwick can gap-close or flash and gap-close to suppress people for a second or two for a CC combo kill, and Mundo's slow is a skillshot, not a gap closer, and doesn't cancel abilities in progress, attacking, or flashing ability.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A reason one might want to play jungle warwick is because warwick can gap-close or flash and gap-close to suppress people for a second or two for a CC combo kill, and Mundo's slow is a skillshot, not a gap closer, and doesn't cancel abilities in progress, attacking, or flashing ability.
These are not good reasons to pick jungle Warwick. If you just want the ult you'd be better off picking Skarner. Mundo can jungle at speeds Warwick can only imagine, gank more consistently pre-6, invade all he wants, and manage to become magnitudes tankier while still dishing out way more damage. If you aren't playing him because you can't land the skill shot...well then that's the problem.

Q8D3vil

These are not good reasons to pick jungle Warwick. If you just want the ult you'd be better off picking Skarner. Mundo can jungle at speeds Warwick can only imagine, gank more consistently pre-6, invade all he wants, and manage to become magnitudes tankier while still dishing out way more damage. If you aren't playing him because you can't land the skill shot...well than that's the problem.

pretty much why i play mundo, riot must nerf him for his insane clearing time.

These are not good reasons to pick jungle Warwick. If you just want the ult you'd be better off picking Skarner. Mundo can jungle at speeds Warwick can only imagine, gank more consistently pre-6, invade all he wants, and manage to become magnitudes tankier while still dishing out way more damage. If you aren't playing him because you can't land the skill shot...well then that's the problem.

Like I said it comes down to comfort and knowledge of positioning for me. I simply do better with Warwick due to my massive amount of experience with him. I think that shows through my ability to win with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom