• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
First ranked match. Chose Annie mid against a Morgana. Didn't know she countered me ):
rofl. think about it, she can farm without even being near the minions (just W and later suckers!) and if you even look sorta menacing she pops her shield and your stun and half your burst is gone.

I mean it's not a hard counter and she simply can't really beat you in lane but she's gonna outfarm you and if you try to roam she'll easily punish you with a fast push.

Not going to do rank until I'm level 30 have a least 100 normal wins under my belt.

On a separate note, what's so bad about Quinn?
not like you could before level 30 anyways and it'll take you more than 100 normal wins to get there anyways (or a billion defeats, in which case you shouldn't be trying your luck in ranked either :p).

mercviper

First ranked match. Chose Annie mid against a Morgana. Didn't know she countered me ):

She's not that hard a counter, especially once you know the matchup. Force the Q and dodge it, then proceed to bully her out of the lane with autos. She can choose to counter attack you and not farm or farm and eat harass. If you keep your stun stack at 3, then when you fireball her you can force a shield and then stun her when shield falls off. If she doesn't shield it, pop E to proc the stun before the fireball lands and then W her for free.

Subtle

rofl. think about it, she can farm without even being near the minions (just W and later suckers!) and if you even look sorta menacing she pops her shield and your stun and half your burst is gone.

I mean it's not a hard counter and she simply can't really beat you in lane but she's gonna outfarm you and if you try to roam she'll easily punish you with a fast push.

not like you could before level 30 anyways and it'll take you more than 100 normal wins to get there anyways (or a billion defeats, in which case you shouldn't be trying your luck in ranked either :p).

I know, I didn't give it enough thought.

On another note. Having Soraka as a support against a Sona support is tough. Can't even farm, because Soraka can't/won't poke and Sona + ADC will ): How viable is Soraka as a support atm?

scy

Not going to do rank until I'm level 30 have a least 100 normal wins under my belt.

On a separate note, what's so bad about Quinn?

Her worst traits right now are some awkwardness in her Passive (Valor is slow to mark targets so the passive can go on cooldown due to him marking but it not detonating due to this delay) and her E (she's targetable during it and the animation is long enough to make it awkward for both escape AND pursuit). Her Q and W are fine, really, and her range isn't as big of an issue as people make it out to be (barring Caitlyn).

Her ult is also in a weird spot for teamfights as the ADC but I don't find it as bad as most people make it out to be. It's a splitpush ult (and kit) on an ADC which is what really makes it kind of awkward, honestly.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know, I didn't give it enough thought.

On another note. Having Soraka as a support against a Sona support is tough. Can't even farm, because Soraka can't/won't poke and Sona + ADC will ): How viable is Soraka as a support atm?
she's ok, I'd say she's kinda weak but the global presence from her ult is cool to make up for her passive laning. think that it's half a red elixir's effect for the whole team you can do every couple minutes.

tbh you shouldn't be doing so badly against sona, you'll outsustain her poke and just farm passively. best thing to do against sona is to make her the target, she's got the lowest base and scaling hp in the game, just blow her up with a gank and then zone her adc. it doesn't really matter who you kill as long as you're denying the enemy adc.

I still find it weird that people think Quinn's bad. I ain't pulling these games out of my ass. I literally haven't had a bad game with her since the first day I played her.

TIL: her W doesn't reveal Twitch. Still killed him a billion times though.

3 of my deaths came from me trolling my friends, stealing their kills for funsies at the end.

VwRAjdH.jpg

Agkel

I had a support Rumble because my mate didn't want to support. As you can tell, he didn't really support. Doesn't change the fact that I stomped bot lane.

Learn the rules!!! You lose, its your fault: You win, the other team are nooblords!

League of Legends OT4: A masochists dream!

Please explain how the normal match-making works. Does it pair up people around your summoner level or is there some algorithm that suddenly throws higher skilled people at you when it thinks you're winning too much.

Avinexus

Do you screenshot every game you play or something?

As far as champ viability, I think in terms of tournament/high elo. Every champ is good in low elo normals.

Do you screenshot every game you play or something?

As far as champ viability, I think in terms of tournament/high elo. Every champ is good in low elo normals.

nope, just some nice ones that I think will bring out some discussion, i.e. all this Quinn stuff.

And as for Quinn, I don't think people are giving the champion a good chance. Same with Vi when she was released etc. etc.

She's got a few flaws, sure, but she's a very strong ADC which I think people would realise if they actually played her for more than a couple of games. If people learned when to use her E properly, which are the best supports to put her with, I think attitudes would change.

I also think high elo players are the worst for this. The higher the elo they are the less willing they are to give a new champ their fair dues, and it takes a while for people to discover it. Again, VI is a great example, Syndra is a great example, Hecarim is a great example. Just because high elo players and pros aren't playing a champion doesn't mean it's trash.

zkylon

zkylewd
League of Legends |OT4| dimb vs. the world

Please explain how the normal match-making works. Does it pair up people around your summoner level or is there some algorithm that suddenly throws higher skilled people at you when it thinks you're winning too much.
you have an invisible score that determines who you're match against. also takes into account your level, your wins/losses and I think if you're soloing/doing premade, etc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All I see are blind pick games, some with no support still. Quinn beats Quinn. Congrats.

LuuKyK

Im playing Cassiopeia now. She is pretty cool. I managed to get the most kills in one of my matches today (it was like 18 kills or something). Her early game is kinda slow, but her late game is so much fun. Just gotta take care and know when to use the poison thing. The damage overtime is very nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
If Quinn isn't viable and is bad, Sejuani sure as hell isn't viable.
quinn just has a kit that can't compete with other carries. she does weird stuff like split pushing but I don't know why you'd want to waste abilities on that with an adc since cait can already do it with her range and the satefy of her net.

sejuani on the other hand is a cc bot which some quirks that makes her weird too, but I'd say she's in a better place than quinn.

in both cases they're not old eve bad, you can make them work, but there's just better champions fit for their jobs.

Im playing Cassiopeia now. She is pretty cool. I managed to get the most kills in one of my matches today (it was like 18 kills or something). Her early game is kinda slow, but her late game is so much fun. Just gotta take care and know when to use the poison thing. The damage overtime is very nice.
I'm feeling like trying out cass myself. there are just not enough AP mids remaining for me to try out.

Snowman

quinn just has a kit that can't compete with other carries. she does weird stuff like split pushing but I don't know why you'd want to waste abilities on that with an adc since cait can already do it with her range and the satefy of her net.

sejuani on the other hand is a cc bot which some quirks that makes her weird too, but I'd say she's in a better place than quinn.

This is why you play her top instead! I know I keep saying this but people keep talking about quinn and I honestly think she's way better top than as an adc.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is why you play her top instead! I know I keep saying this but people keep talking about quinn and I honestly think she's way better top than as an adc.
I haven't played any of them so I'm just basing it off what little I know from outside but I have to wonder how she'll manage to deal with I dunno Pantheon or Elise or someone like that.

maybe picked against nidalee or something like that.

Snowman

I haven't played any of them so I'm just basing it off what little I know from outside but I have to wonder how she'll manage to deal with I dunno Pantheon or Elise or someone like that.

maybe picked against nidalee or something like that.

Yeah pantheon and elise are hard match-ups for her, but almost every top lane has a hard time with some champions. There's literally nothing someone like darius or garen can do against her though.

in both cases they're not old eve bad, you can make them work, but there's just better champions fit for their jobs.

Sorry dude, but I disagree entirely. She out duels every ADC. Her range is probably her biggest shortcoming, but when she gets to an enemy carry in lane she shits all over them. Try killing her when you're blinded for 2 seconds while she double Harriers you. It's just not going to happen. Like I said, put her in lane with Blitz, Thresh or Leona and you'll get fed. Her AoE blind is again super strong in team fights, and her W gives you extra map awareness that helps when you're pushing a tower bot. I can't count the amount of times I've managed to avoid getting ganked by a skumbag Jarvan sitting in either tri-bush.

Her ultimate I mainly use as a finisher and gap closer. If there's someone I can one-on-one safely, I'll use my ult to get in there and tear them up. If it's a trade where I come out ahead but the enemy carry flashes away, I'll ult to chase them down and pop it again to finish them.

Like I keep saying, people need to try her more. It took me a few games to get going, but once I did I can't stop winning lane phase with her. She snowballs pretty hard too.

Snowman

Sorry dude, but I disagree entirely. She out duels every ADC. Her range is probably her biggest shortcoming, but when she gets to an enemy carry in lane she shits all over them. Try killing her when you're blinded for 2 seconds while she double Harriers you. It's just not going to happen. Like I said, put her in lane with Blitz, Thresh or Leona and you'll get fed. Her AoE blind is again super strong in team fights, and her W gives you extra map awareness that helps when you're pushing a tower bot. I can't count the amount of times I've managed to avoid getting ganked by a skumbag Jarvan sitting in either tri-bush.

Her ultimate I mainly use as a finisher and gap closer. If there's someone I can one-on-one safely, I'll use my ult to get in there and tear them up. If it's a trade where I come out ahead but the enemy carry flashes away, I'll ult to chase them down and pop it again to finish them.

Like I keep saying, people need to try her more. It took me a few games to get going, but once I did I can't stop winning lane phase with her. She snowballs pretty hard too.

She might do pretty well in lane against people who don't know to abuse her short range and also don't know that if they just sit back and play passively they'll win it late game because quinn's late game is awful compared to most adcs.

And if you have fun and do well while playing her then carry on, just because a champion isn't great or viable at the top level of competitive play doesn't mean you shouldn't or can't play them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah pantheon and elise are hard match-ups for her, but almost every top lane has a hard time with some champions. There's literally nothing someone like darius or garen can do against her though.
yeah I just wonder what does she add to the team by being a top with no CC, having short range and being adc squishy.

Sorry dude, but I disagree entirely. She out duels every ADC. Her range is probably her biggest shortcoming, but when she gets to an enemy carry in lane she shits all over them. Try killing her when you're blinded for 2 seconds while she double Harriers you. It's just not going to happen. Like I said, put her in lane with Blitz, Thresh or Leona and you'll get fed. Her AoE blind is again super strong in team fights, her W gives you extra map awareness that helps when you're pushing a tower bot. I can't count the amount of times I've managed to avoid getting ganked by a skumbag Jarvan sitting in either tri-bush.

Her ultimate I mainly use as a finisher and gap closer. If there's someone I can one-on-one safely, I'll use my ult to get in their and tear them up. If it's a trade where I come out ahead but the enemy carry flashes away, I'll ult to chase them down and pop it again to finish them.

Like I keep saying, people need to try her more. It took me a few games to get going, but once I did I can;t stop winning lane phase with her. She snowballs pretty hard too.
I personally don't really value dueling as an adc skill since you're rarely alone and bot lane is mostly decided by the support (though carries matter, obviously).

but really in teamfights how does she compare to vayne, kog, tristana, varus, caitlyn, mf, graves or ez?

I feel she's really crippled by her range and unlike graves she won't get free 30 armor to just get down and dirty, plus his ridiculous amount of burst.

then you gotta add that her steroid is not nearly as strong or reliable, that her escape is weird (or on a million seconds cooldown), and that she basically has two abilities that are mostly useless in teamfights (ult and sight thingie). graves can also blind people (a better blind) and separate teams and whatnot.

personally I think she's pretty weak, maybe she's got massive stats to compensate, I dunno because I haven't played her, I just think there are champions that are much better at everything she does.

and this reminds me I should go back to playing graves, he's fun.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
ScqHzSH.png

What a terrible game. Irelia left as soon as the game started and Nidalee just spent the whole time trolling. Thankfully I've learned not to take this game seriously at all so I'm not even mad.

Snowman

yeah I just wonder what does she add to the team by being a top with no CC, having short range and being adc squishy.

Decent splitpush and dueling, and then you just buy bortk and frozen mallet and sit with the adc in teamfights and just peel for them like crazy. The blind can be pretty good in teamfights too if you manage to get it off on someone useful (which is unlikely/hard but still).

I've played 50+ games with her top in ranked games and have a win rate of just over 50%, not that it means much, just thought i'd mention that I'm speaking from a fair amount of experience when it comes to topquinn

brian!

2v2 bot should not be dying unless some dummy dumb dumb stuff is happening or unless it's a kill oh my god a kill lane the kills oh my god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom