• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lebron James/Kobe Bryant trading card = $31k+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santo

JUST LOOK AT THE DETAIL EVEN THE 1/1 NUMBERED PORTION OF THIS CARD IS IN CURSIVE!!

:rolleyes

belgurdo

Banned
Should have sweeted the deal by throwing in the vaginal secretions of Kobe's girl in a little vial attached to the card

belgurdo

Banned
yoshifumi said:
yeah no kidding i thought they went the way of pogs and other similar useless crap.

...people have been trading cards for over 200 years, maybe even longer than that. And they haven't stopped. Stuff like Yugioh and Pokemon TCG didn't get big from just the game players, you know.

yoshifumi

Banned
belgurdo said:
...people have been trading cards for over 200 years, maybe even longer than that. And they haven't stopped. Stuff like Yugioh and Pokemon TCG didn't get big from just the game players, you know.

i thought it had died down a little. i still say it's an idiotic passtime.

calder

Hehe, my favourite part:

Shipping Rate:
$400.00 (Domestic)
$1,500.00 (International)

He must be mailing it encased in solid lead. ;) BUT THE GUY IS REALLY EXCITED TO BE BRINING YOU THIS AWSOME OFFER AND ALL HIS OTHER LOTS ARE ALSO GREAT CHECK THEM OUT SO MAYBE IT'S JUSTIFIED TO CHARGE DEEP INTO THE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR SHIPPING!!!

I never "got" card collecting or anything, but that's a pretty sweet collectible to get if you're into it. Must have been one lucky mofo to pull that out of the pack, but for 30K if LeBron's career is what it should be in 10-15 years I bet whoever buys the card will make a nice profit.

jenov4

I find it more disturbing that there's already been 76 bids on this thing! C'mon man, there are people dying of hunger in 3rd world countries. :)

Cloudy

Banned
It's a 1 of 1 card. With Kobe and Bron's game worn stuff? That shit will go for more than triple that in a few years...

I wish I was rich :(

Fifty

Well where can you buy these $500 packs?

Weird....this guy says he got $13k from an auction earlier in the month, but he still spells like a 12 year old. THIS IS TRUELY AN ODDITITY.

Fifty

That ESPN article was really informative. I missed it the first time I clicked on the thread (it was edited in)

They say there's an MJ/Lebron card out there.......If this gets $50 k, then surely that will bring at least that amount, if not much more.

bionic77

Spike Spiegel said:
Damn... all I've got is a David Robinson rookie card worth $15. :(

LOL, I have like 4 of those somewhere in a closet at my parent's house. I remember when it was supposedly worth over a 100 dollars. However, it was impossible to get any card shop to give you anything close to that. Ugh, I should have sold my ball cards when they were worth something. I remember my friend bought a Jordan card for like 300 back then, it went up to like a 1000 at one point, I think that sucker is pretty much worthless now too. Fuckers just made too many cards.

Cloudy

Banned
1086773871462_newmjfront.jpg

That other card just got OWNED :O

It recently went on sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44861&item=5104998629&rd=1

golem

i dont get it.. you can probably find (get someone to steal) some complete gameworn jerseys from both those players for less?

Stele

Holds a little red book
There's plenty of those, considering that they wear a different jersey each game (or at least a different pair of shoes).

Takuan

1086773871462_newmjfront.jpg

It's a shame to have a rare card in that shitty condition. The corners aren't sharp and the card has frays at the side. Damn shame. I love gem mint cards.

Joe

yeah gem mint cards are nice. once i get some steady money im gonna buy/invest in psa10 baseball rookie cards. beckett graded cards are too much but psa is still real nice.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i have a really nice set of cards from the late 80s and early 90s, at some point i need to send a lot of them off to be psa graded. probably the most bank of my collection is about 30 unopened wax boxes of 89 upper deck. low serial #s which dropped the griffey rookie like mad. sadly the boxes haven't seen much of a price spike in the last 5 years due to griffey's WEAK KNEES

Joe

sefskillz said:
i have a really nice set of cards from the late 80s and early 90s, at some point i need to send a lot of them off to be psa graded. probably the most bank of my collection is about 30 unopened wax boxes of 89 upper deck. low serial #s which dropped the griffey rookie like mad. sadly the boxes haven't seen much of a price spike in the last 5 years due to griffey's WEAK KNEES

a psa 9 on ebay is going for about $70, thats just crazy (psa 10 is almost $500). i remember when it was worth hundreds not even graded.

all my cards are crap now, i cant wait to start buying some good ones. i'll probably buy graded cards, psa grading is pretty expensive and its a gamble.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Takuan said:
It's a shame to have a rare card in that shitty condition. The corners aren't sharp and the card has frays at the side. Damn shame. I love gem mint cards.

Must be hard to keep that kind of card in gem mint condition...simply because of the way it is made with the game worn crap on it and all that

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Gee, he sounds normal enough in the ESPN article, but then he writes sentences like

THIS CARD WILL FAR SURPASE THESE PRICES 3 AND 4 TIMES OVER THAT THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN COMPARE THIS CARD TO THE ONES ABOVE THERE HAS NEVER ONCE BEEN ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS IN THE HOBBYS HISTORY!!

and you start to wonder...

I also like how he gets more and more desperate with his appendices as time goes on to get the price over the 100K figure he bragged about to the newspapers:

EXPERTS IN THE SPORTS TRADING CARD INDUSTRY ARE SPECULATING THAT THIS CARD COULD BE WORTH $1,000,000 DOLLARS WHEN LEBRON JAMES LEADS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO OLYMPIC GOLD IN ATHENS AND KOBE BRYANT IS ACQUITTED OR GOES TO JAIL.

Come to think of it, back in college I used to watch a home-shopping program for sports collectables, and the two hosts (one always calling in from somewhere) shouted at the top of their lungs, just like this auction. Is there something about sports-card collecting that stresses people out?

B'z-chan

Banned
I know where both of these cards are. I live in fresno and know the collector of these cards. He's a basket case i swear. Always saying that everything kicks ass and that its always valuable. For once i actually believe him.

Good stuff. And expensive cards. Damn shame about the MJ card and the bad edges.

I've got a few Rookie baseball cards that are worth a few hundred dollars if i actually went and sold them. Hell i think i might need to do that. Got a bunk of sets from 88-92.

Joe

these cards are an investment. as long as kobe and lebron stay healthy and keep playing the value on these cards will rise drastically every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom