• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legal marijuana is finally doing what the drug war couldn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

Future President Trump is going to have quite a conundrum here. Stick to the ass-backwards politics of the War on Drugs, or legalize weed nationally and stick it to Mexixo.

Not only that, but we need more accurate testing, so in the event someone is hurt while on, say, a construction job, they can test him to see if he was high *while on the job* instead of a highly inaccurate THC test that just gives you a yes or no to of the person smoked weed within the last few weeks.

That way you can say "you're allowed to smoke pot off the clock, but if you're high at work and your job is dangerous we will fire you" which I think is more than fair.

This is my only hangup with legalized weed. I work in a warehouse and if someone came to work high they could easily kill multiple people if they made a wrong move while on a forklift.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is my only hangup with legalized weed. I work in a warehouse and if someone came to work high they could easily kill multiple people if they made a wrong move while on a forklift.

How often do your coworkers show up drunk? About the same amount would show up high.

inner-G

Banned
They could also be drunk, or huffing duster, or on painkillers, or sleep-deprived or texting... better just quit now while you can.

SeanTSC

So people who live where weed is legalized.... Are you able to just go to a store and buy it without a license or something? It still feels unreal to me lol

They don't even card here in my small town - or at least the store that's not even a minute drive from my house doesn't, though I haven't seen any super young people in there. No security guard either. Tons of high quality stuff and the employees are really knowledgeable. It's a really chill and relaxing store. Surprising amount of women shop there too, I've seen more of them in there then men. I haven't been in the other stores in the area though and there's like at least 6 in town I think.

This just in, removing cartels illicit market cuts into profit margin, thousands of economists, sociologists, experts, former enforcement agents and the vast majority of the internet resoundingly shout "no shit".

DJKhaled

This argument is always hilarious to me. It's like people just look for a reason to have a "hangup"

VariantX

This makes no sense to me when we already live just fine in a world with legalized alcohol.

"Two or three years ago, a kilogram [2.2 pounds] of marijuana was worth $60 to $90," a Mexican marijuana grower told NPR news in December 2014. "But now they're paying us $30 to $40 a kilo. It's a big difference. If the U.S. continues to legalize pot, they'll run us into the ground."

get fuckin rekt

Its no different than alcohol at that point. Its Legal to drink alcohol, but you're not seeing people slamming down whiskey shots before clocking in at your job currently are you? If someone reeks of booze and is showing signs of being drunk, Im sure they would be reported to the supervisor. Its the same thing If you smoke a blunt, before heading into work I feel like, and there would be obvious repercussions for doing so.

Acinixys

That was, for some reason, so satisfying to read. Who would have thought that offering legal ways to buy it would reduce traffic, tho? Unthinkable!

I'm not into pot, but it should be legal everywhere. No reason not to.

Pretty sure 1000X more people die from alcohol related incidents than pot every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom