• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Game Guide Set(releases Nov. 26th)

Pyrrhus

The one-time Zelda diehard in me says yes, but the grizzled, disappointed modern fan is saying hang back. Fanboyism dies a long, slow death it seems.

oatmeal

Banned
What's up with the shipping charges?

I try to pre-order, and it says it has free Prime shipping (I've been on Prime for years)...and then I get to the order total and it's trying to add $13 shipping.

WTF?

As someone who's bought the 4 of these that were released separately, I'll be very annoyed if the WW and OoT guides don't get separate releases.

Tunic

Preordered. I am also collecting the guides too and this helps me out to get some of the older released collector editions. I wish they made a Majora's Mask edition for this box collection.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Preordered. I am also collecting the guides too and this helps me out to get some of the older released collector editions. I wish they made a Majora's Mask edition for this box collection.

The one game that probably needed a guide. ROFL. Then again I guess the game itself does have a guide of sorts. lol.

I love the Legend of Zelda series; but I feel that I am not the demographic for this product. If it were a complete collection of the manga series in hard cover with an extended version of Hyrule Historia inside of a treasure chest with some sort of exclusive statue, I would pre-order this.

shawnlreed

As someone who's bought the 4 of these that were released separately, I'll be very annoyed if the WW and OoT guides don't get separate releases.

I'm sure the Wind Waker guide will get a separate release, but their press blurb makes it clear the OoT one won't:
"For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set."

In the future, that hardcover OoT guide will be the most valuable part of this guide set.

Bought. Perfect Christmas present for my son. He's played through every mainstream Legend of Zelda game released except the CDi crap... Paid a pre-release price of $129 on Amazon.ca

If the 6 zeldas contained in this were the nes games, lttp, the two n64 games, and links awakening, this would be a spiffy collectors item. But the ds zeldas? Hell no they don't deserve the timeless collectible treatment.

casmith07

Good to know I'm not the only Zelda lunatic. :p

It's my all time favorite game series. The undertones of morals and ethics in the game connect to me in ways other stuff just doesn't.

I am a pretty big Wii U hater but the wallet is likely getting opened up this fall for Wind Waker HD.

My 3DS: Zelda edition. Holding out on preordering Link Between Worlds because I just know they're going to have a bundle for it with a 3DS XL.

I love Zelda strategy guides, and I'm one of the weirdos who actually reads them.
Collecting them is a ridiculous hobby of mine.
Trying to get all the US cover variations for Zelda guides is no easy task.
There are 6 Prima Majora's Mask cover variants alone.
I've got about 45 guides so far (here's some of them + the Hyrule Historias).
This box set was made for me!

9304654292_438da3779b_z.jpg

You must know the games forwards and backwards!

wrowa

I'm tempted, but the package is missing the "special something". The certificate is cool, but it's probably just a printed autograph and as such worthless.

That treasure box in particular looks cheap and not well-made.

Anth0ny

Remember the Nintendo Power player's guide for OoT that was written like a LotR novel? Where every strategy was part of the narrative?

I want a hardcover reprint of that, preferably with OoT3D screens.

Yup. Best guide ever:

Xd7MhvV.jpg

I pre-ordered this, though I'm not sure why. I already own the Twilight Princess hardcover, even though I don't really love that game, or the DS games, or Skyward Sword... curious how they're going to add 100 pages to that game. Not sure how that's even possible.

I guess I'm getting this for Wind Waker and OOT 3D...

kubus

Preordered at Amazon UK but still pretty pissed that the OoT guide is exclusive to this set.

I already have all of the releasd hardcovers in mint condition and I love collecting them. I'm proud to have bought them all when they were first released. And now they're like "lol thanks for the support, now buy them again or you'll miss out on this one thing you'll want tol but we're not going to sell seperately!". Just release the OoT guide seperately too and only make the Aonuma signature exclusive to the chest or something. And do a promotion like when you register all your guides you get the chest sent to you, like Nintendo did with the Professor Layton box set. :(

But I guess I'm part of the problem because I'll bite anyway... Sometimes I condemn myself for being such a Zelda junkie.

zroid

Banned
Price in Canada is now $102.99 at Chapters and Amazon. How low can it go? lol

If you order from Chapters, you can use a $5 off coupon code "JulyCoupon"

chrono01

So apparently the signature is as we expected, reproduced [not hand-signed]. :(

I'm still likely to purchase the box set, but the fact that we're not getting an authentic autograph is kind of disappointing.

zroid

Banned
So apparently the signature is as we expected, reproduced [not hand-signed]. :(

I'm still likely to purchase the box set, but the fact that we're not getting an authentic autograph is kind of disappointing.

Bummer. Where'd you see that, btw?

chrono01

Top Bottom