• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Game Guide Set(releases Nov. 26th)

zroid

Banned
I love Zelda strategy guides, and I'm one of the weirdos who actually reads them.
Collecting them is a ridiculous hobby of mine.
Trying to get all the US cover variations for Zelda guides is no easy task.
There are 6 Prima Majora's Mask cover variants alone.
I've got about 45 guides so far (here's some of them + the Hyrule Historias).
This box set was made for me!

9304654292_438da3779b_z.jpg

I bow to you, sir

Madness

If it had guides for Links Awakening, Link to the Past, Majoras Mask then I'd have gotten it. I don't really care much for guides for the DS versions etc.

For me, Zelda is my favorite series of all time but I just don't care about the newer games as much.

Buying the new Link game simply for the fact it's a sequel to Link to the Past.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I get that it's the most recent releases, but funny that the game that probably needs a guide the most (MM) doesn't get one.

Syf

Banned
Too expensive and missing some key games. I'll be honest though, I'm tempted by the bookmark lol.

RoadDogg

This looks amazing and I really want it, but knowing how many games it is missing just begs for a better set later with every game in it. I'm going to regret it the second it comes out and is sold out, but I will thank myself in 25 years when the next set comes out.

Thanks for the heads-up, op.
Edit: are these actually going to be signed? These things usually have a printed signature but the description makes it sound like it'll be hand-signed.

chrono01

Thanks for the heads-up, op.
Edit: are these actually going to be signed? These things usually have a printed signature but the description makes it sound like it'll be hand-signed.
To be honest, if it's a printed signature I'll likely cancel. As I said, I'm mainly purchasing this as a collector's item, and a printed signature isn't nearly as valuable.

Here's hoping it's actually signed. If it's individually-numbered, it's possible. I just hope we don't have another The Sky: Art of Final Fantasy situation again...

When I first read the thread title, I thought it was going to be specifically for the Gamecube collection and was thinking they're a little late for that...

Though this is pretty cool.

Damn that is a pretty nice set. Although I cant help but feel that this release is a bit...random? I mean it just seems so out of the blue.
Either way I'm super tempted...although I currently cannot afford it and Amazon UK doesn't seem to have it up for pre-order but the BookDepository does....and its for around £90....

I hate being a sucker for things that have the words 'Limited Edition'.

Dr. Light

Lol, pre-ordering the Canadian version spared me the shitty sales tax, so I saved even more, despite the lack of free shipping. Maybe I should be getting everything off the Canadian site?

Might end up canceling anyway, but I have months to decide. We'll see how rare this becomes.

Preordered! I doubt I'll keep it since money's tight, but I still look forward to Amazon inevitably screwing it up like they often do with limited edition items.

Sushigod7

Just ordered will reserve judgement till November. The end of the year has a lot of Zelda related stuff coming. Again no Metroid anywhere in site =0(

wow, this isn't even eligible for Prime. what gives.

Just noticed that, strange they are going to rape us for shipping I suppose.

zroid

Banned
are you guys saying there's no free shipping option from Amazon.com? That's weird, looks like Amazon.ca definitely wins this round. Pre-ordered for $129.77 w/ free shipping.

DJ_Lae

wow, this isn't even eligible for Prime. what gives.

That is weird, it's eligible for Prime on the Canadian side.

(a better question would be why do I have Prime in Canada when there's no streaming service, but hey)

The collector in me really wants this set, even though I would not get much/any practical use out of it. I am glad I got it at the $120 price, but I still have to think about it.

Top Bottom