• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Game Guide Set(releases Nov. 26th)

Cheska

It's dropped to like $107 now. I preordered for now, I figure it at least gives me time to sit on it and cancel if I want to.

shawnlreed

Picture of the box set and metallic gold bookmark:

9676233808_4cfb102cb2_z.jpg

zroid

Banned
Nice! I also just noticed this posted on Prima Games' blog:

About 10 years ago, my brother and I had the honor of writing Prima’s Official Strategy Guide to The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for the Nintendo GameCube. Though our old guide remains one of my favorites, I’m thrilled that the game’s upcoming HD remake for the Wii U has given me a chance to help update the guide. We’re finally able to give The Wind Waker the hardcover Zelda guide treatment it deserves!
This guide is inlcuded in the upcoming The Legend of Zelda Box Set. Quantities are limited, don’t miss out! The Legend of Zelda Box Set is available at these retailers:

this confirms the new Wind Waker guide (and the one included in the box set) will be updated for the HD re-release. greeeaaat news.

Dr Dogg

Sorry for the necro bump but seeing as my copy turned up today (book depository UK) others should be getting theirs soon.

Cross post from the November pickup thread.

But this almight beast turned up today
SWRodx5l.jpg

If you haven't guessed what this is here's the back
6TphnDOl.jpg

Yep the Complete Prima Zelda Guides Boxset (and no I didn't pay that ludicrous price)

I had this in my head whilst I was opening it and boy was I not disappointed.

Seeing as this was the only way to get OoT3D in hardback and the expanded Skyward Sword guide I couldn't pass up on it. The book mark, while I though was going to be either cloth or leather bound cardboard is actually a nice sheet of metal with the Zelda logo and Hyrulian crest lazer etched into it. Plus the Certificate of Authenticity is actually numbered to a limited amount (I got 30,022 of 50,000) so a worthy collectors item.

And this was meant to be the Year of Luigi, pah I've picked up more Zelda goodies this year than any other.

If anyone wants a few more pics to gauge the quality (the box is very sturdy and the magnetic closure is quite strong) just give us a shout. Though the signature on the CoE as someone guessed is just a print and not Inked by Aonuma personally, nicely gold pressed and embossed though.

Lucreto

Ha I forgot I ordered that after I got the dispatch notice. I was meant to cancel it.

It is £119 on Amazon as we speak. I ordered when it was in error at £67.41. Amazon is losing their shirt on this one.

Dr Dogg

You could definitely buy the "expanded" Skyward Sword hardback guide when it first came out, at least for US-based online shops.

Well I got the one that came out at the time but the one included in this box set has an extra 100 pages than the original. As far as I'm aware it's not been released separately from this set.

Edit: hahaha. No worries caught you post before your edit.

Got this in the mail today. I preordered on a whim and forgot about it.

I was a little disappointed to read that the signature isn't real.

Anyway, my question is whether these types of things tend to appreciate in value over time or not. Is there a big collectors market for strategy guides?

zroid

Banned
Got this in the mail today. I preordered on a whim and forgot about it.

I was a little disappointed to read that the signature isn't real.

Anyway, my question is whether these types of things tend to appreciate in value over time or not. Is there a big collectors market for strategy guides?

Normally for something like this I would say yes, but since so many were made... probably not. I imagine it will retain some value at least.

Alec

Still in stock, so I can't imagine it's going to be in high demand for a very long time, if ever.

So, did anybody else who ordered this through Amazon find their package with a label on the outside listing the contents within and the monetary value of said contents? I was pretty pissed to arrive home to a large box at my doorstep that was basically advertising to any would-be thieves whether or not it is worth stealing.

So, did anybody else who ordered this through Amazon find their package with a label on the outside listing the contents within and the monetary value of said contents? I was pretty pissed to arrive home to a large box at my doorstep that was basically advertising to any would-be thieves whether or not it is worth stealing.

Mine had that box packed within a larger box. I was very impressed with the packing job (which is rare for Amazon).

Mine had that box packed within a larger box. I was very impressed with the packing job (which is rare for Amazon).
Right, my set was packed very well with styrofoam encasements slotting it snugly into a larger cardboard box, and felt like it was done with care. My issue is with them also placing the aforementioned label on the outside of that cardboard box.

spookyfish

Right, my set was packed very well with styrofoam encasements slotting it snugly into a larger cardboard box, and felt like it was done with care. My issue is with them also placing the aforementioned label on the outside of that cardboard box.

Mine came from Best Buy and was delivered the same way. I've noticed Sideshow Collectibles does the same thing, a lot of times.

(Which, OT, I'll be returning, because they won't price-match Amazon, even though I've said if you don't, I'm just returning it and ordering it from Amazon. I don't understand why they don't want a sale. I bought it from there for the points, but I don't need them.)

Yes, what I'm saying is that the box with the label on the outside was then placed inside yet another, larger box.

zroid

Banned
I believe the "inner" box is actually how it was packed by Prima, not retailers. The retailers just stuffed the smaller box into a larger box with the shipping label. The big item label on the inner box with all the regional prices is what gave it away.

Yes, what I'm saying is that the box with the label on the outside was then placed inside yet another, larger box.

64RMbyn.jpg

Makes it sound like Russian Nesting Dolls. That's just crazy to me.

I believe the "inner" box is actually how it was packed by Prima, not retailers. The retailers just stuffed the smaller box into a larger box with the shipping label. The big item label on the inner box with all the regional prices is what gave it away.

That makes sense, though it bugs me that Amazon sent it to me that way, instead of either putting it in another box, or covering over the label. I've always been very trusting of Amazon, so I assume it was an honest mistake.

uberluigi

Banned
I was thinking of buying this or Mario Allstar 25th anniversary, which is a better choice? ( based on rarity and collection value )

Piccoro

The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

Majora's Mask?

Top Bottom