• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Kawl_USC

So claiming vanilla straight off the bat, the rugby thing then acohrs self voting to save a self voting ccs?

Just two scums flailing like a couple of wet cocks on Day 1...

?????
Never said either of them played a particularly good game. Town or scum don't think anyone's made that accusation at CCS.

nin1000

Banned
I will only focus on the CCS------Acohrs voting for now, even though Sophia was behind CCS with 4 votes Acohrs turned out to be mafia and therefore its far more interesting to watch it go down. ( Will look onto the Sophia votes later )

15 Minutes before day end CCS was leading in vote count with 5

ccs (5)
melonrabbit 756
stanleypalmtree 829
kawl_usc 865
bronx-man 987
sophia 1007

Acohrs right after him and Sophia with 3 votes

acohrs (3)
natiko 590
franconp 770
acohrs 889 (997) <----- The selfvote was as many pointed out very strange and should / will be looked into.
cabot 979

xx:45[/URL]Sorian Puts a vote down on acors putting him on the same vote count as Sophia , right behind CCS.
[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227967490&postcount=1062"]xx:50
Yennek7 puts his vote down for CCS
xx:52*splinter comes out of the bushes and between sophia ccs and acohrs, he choses him
xx:56 nin follows his gut and votes acohrs
xx:56CzarTim , who asked If I flip aco, will someone else join? a minute before , votes acohrs aswell, thanking nin
xx:58Kyanrute wants to increase the lead
xx:58acohrs wants to force a tie and votes CCS
xx:58AB replies to an old franconp post ( votes were CCS 6, acohrs 5 and Sophia 4 )and votes CCS
xx:59Ty4on says he did not know ccs had that many votes and puts a vote down for acohrs
xx:59Natiko says "no" and unvotes his vote which was sitting on acohrs
xx:59Sophia who initially had her vote on CCS, changes it to acohrs
xx:59Cabot decides to unvote ( vote was sitting on acohrs)
xx:00AB unvotes ( vote was on CCS )

For MY money i will either go down on Natiko Cabot and or AB ( who maybe just made a honest mistake ). But i will follow my gut

Vote:Cabot

CCS

Banned
Never said either of them played a particularly good game. Town or scum don't think anyone's made that accusation at CCS.

Ouch :p

Hey, we got a scum kill out of it, and a pretty strong PR at that. I'm playing 12D chess while you're playing checkers :p

Natiko

Banned
Considering you dont see seconds in the post times, i dont know how closely you expected me to look?
Well you can see the minutes and you can see that acohrs and AbsolutBro both vote for CCS with a xx:58 time stamp. Four more posts come in at xx:58 with no one breaking the tie. Sorian even says to get it untied so as soon as I see it hit xx:59 I panic and unvote. Ty votes at nearly the same time. You can tell our posts came early because five more come after at xx:59 including a Sorian one which means he had time to get through his post cooldown.

Why did you get cold feet when you had argued so long for his lynch?
I unvoted purely to prevent what was at the time a tie. I was still in support of an acohrs lynch. I was sitting there refreshing hoping the tie would be broke at once I saw there was under a minute to go I went in and unvoted.

Ty4on

Acohrs flipping scum made me wonder if they were going to shoot the high activity posters or not. Unfortunately, two kills muddles the results.
So I take it you presume we have a neutral killer? They're both ok targets, but I think it's most likely Sorian was targeted by a strongman. Reminds me of my teams panic kill in OW.

Could you go through why you changed your vote to acohrs and what you thought of the two at the end of yesterday?

cabot

Well you can see the minutes and you can see that acohrs and AbsolutBro both vote for CCS with a xx:58 time stamp. Four more posts come in at xx:58 with no one breaking the tie. Sorian even says to get it untied so as soon as I see it hit xx:59 I panic and unvote. Ty votes at nearly the same time. You can tell our posts came early because five more come after at xx:59 including a Sorian one which means he had time to get through his post cooldown.

I unvoted purely to prevent what was at the time a tie. I was still in support of an acohrs lynch. I was sitting there refreshing hoping the tie would be broke at once I saw there was under a minute to go I went in and unvoted.

I won't lie its not my job to see why you unvoted, I just remember seeing it in the car and the mythical no being standout to me. It's your job to explain it to me.

Ty4on

Do you remember how many seconds were left when you last checked?

Sophia

So I take it you presume we have a neutral killer? They're both ok targets, but I think it's most likely Sorian was targeted by a strongman. Reminds me of my teams panic kill in OW.

Could you go through why you changed your vote to acohrs and what you thought of the two at the end of yesterday?

I presume nothing about the second kill at this time, other then the fact that it is unclear as to why we have two kills.

I saw votes shift to acohrs, and had no strong opinions either way, so I voted purely to avoid a tie.

Natiko

Banned
I won't lie its not my job to see why you unvoted, I just remember seeing it in the car and the mythical no being standout to me. It's your job to explain it to me.

I literally just explained it to you. I unvoted because it was a tie. It was a tie at xx:58 and I waited enough time for it to hit xx:59 and a tie was never broken, so I unvoted. You did literally the same exact thing. You saw it was a tie at xx:59, waited a bit and did not see the tie breaking so you unvoted. Sophia AND L_P had time to post before you submitted your post. It's the exact same situation.

cabot

I literally just explained it to you. I unvoted because it was a tie. It was a tie at xx:58 and I waited enough time for it to hit xx:59 and a tie was never broken, so I unvoted. You did literally the same exact thing. You saw it was a tie at xx:59, waited a bit and did not see the tie breaking so you unvoted. Sophia AND L_P had time to post before you submitted your post. It's the exact same situation.

Right, and i was saying thats why i asked you, ending the discussion thread.

Ty4on

I presume nothing about the second kill at this time, other then the fact that it is unclear as to why we have two kills.

I saw votes shift to acohrs, and had no strong opinions either way, so I voted purely to avoid a tie.

Why? Wouldn't it be helpful, especially being that close to being lynched yourself, to find good arguments for voting out one of the two?

Natiko

Banned
Do you remember how many seconds were left when you last checked?

No, I just know that once I saw it hit xx:59 and the tie was not broke I went in and typed out my unvote and put "No". I didn't put a full explanation as I knew at that point time was getting tight.

CzarTim

You had implied earlier that you preferred aco, I thought?

Nah, I noticed it too. But sadly I can't vote for achors and still break the tie.

Natiko

Banned
Right, and i was saying thats why i asked you, ending the discussion thread.

My apologies then cab, I took it as you implying I had not explained which just seemed bizarre. Poor reading comprehension on my part.

If need be I can go back and point out the multiple times I pushed for an acohrs lynch, even when he was not in contention for one. If I truly didn't want to lynch acohrs I would have hopped off that vote and switched to CCS or Sophia when they were tied and each had a one vote lead over acohrs (around 30 minutes left at this point) or when Ynnek7 voted CCS and gave him a two vote lead over everyone (around 10 minutes left).

I would like to talk about another topic when the chance permits though. I had two night actions happen to me.

Sophia

Why? Wouldn't it be helpful, especially being that close to being lynched yourself, to find good arguments for voting out one of the two?

It would have been helpful, yes. But sadly, I didn't have.

You had implied earlier that you preferred aco, I thought?

Only insofar as breaking a tie. Switching my vote at the time of the post you quoted would have created a three way tie with all of us having four votes instead of CCS being in the lead.

cabot

My apologies then cab, I took it as you implying I had not explained which just seemed bizarre. Poor reading comprehension on my part.

If need be I can go back and point out the multiple times I pushed for an acohrs lynch, even when he was not in contention for one. If I truly didn't want to lynch acohrs I would have hopped off that vote and switched to CCS or Sophia when they were tied and each had a one vote lead over acohrs (around 30 minutes left at this point) or when Ynnek7 voted CCS and gave him a two vote lead over everyone (around 10 minutes left).

I would like to talk about another topic when the chance permits though. I had two night actions happen to me.

A self voyeur?

Natiko

Banned
Could scum Bronx waste Sorian on N1 because he was afraid how hard he was going after him?
During the down time I did my own analysis of the votes and the way they all rolled in. I'm of the opinion that there's scum amongst Bronx/Melon/Stanley. I also am not convinced CCS isn't scum.

A self voyeur?
I first was given an item. It was a beneficial one for town. I then had it stolen in a separate night action.

cabot

1. Hasn't sor pretty much dropped Bronx?
2 why are you so sure it was scum who killed him?

1) no idea
2) Sorian was on acohrs early and was proactive, aggressive. I would've considered him being a decent doctor target. So yeah, i'd be weary of NKing him N1 unless I had a strong kill or such.

Maybe a non-scum has a strong kill but its less likely than scum strong kill.

cabot

During the down time I did my own analysis of the votes and the way they all rolled in. I'm of the opinion that there's scum amongst Bronx/Melon/Stanley. I also am not convinced CCS isn't scum.

I first was given an item. It was a beneficial one for town. I then had it stolen in a separate night action.

Interesting. Thief got lucky it seems.

nin1000

Banned

And that makes it much more harder to chose.

nin1000

Banned
Well I gave an explanation, so if you want to lynch for that then very well.

gre_1484434800.png

tiome to relax a bit

CCS

Banned
Melon or Bronx is scum. On the other hand, my reads are shite.

Right, off for the night. Will post more sober and considered thoughts tomorrow.

cabot

I'm not sure what to make of you yet nin, i didn't like how you just popped up at the end after a long break, but you did contribute to acohrs dying, so I'm very much undecided how to read it overall.

If you're lynching me for that unvote alone though, that is poor.

nin1000

Banned
I'm not sure what to make of you yet nin, i didn't like how you just popped up at the end after a long break, but you did contribute to acohrs dying, so I'm very much undecided how to read it overall.

Your response seems genuine

CzarTim

says the guy voting for someone for unvoting lol

Natiko

Banned
My vote for CCS was a mistake. I thought I knew acohrs' scum meta based of Pop Mafia, but I was wrong. Apologies to CCS.

How was it a mistake? You clearly thought CCS was more likely to be scum than acohrs. What has changed between now and then? I don't see why you shouldn't still consider CCS to be scum.

Kawl_USC

Would thief be a neutral role or a town role? Hopefully the item is still with town.

I know I'm town and invested plenty of time pushing for acohrs to be lynched. I personally do not think cabot is scum either due to his play throughout the day phase.

Neutral at best imo.

CzarTim

My vote for CCS was a mistake. I thought I knew acohrs' scum meta based of Pop Mafia, but I was wrong. Apologies to CCS.

The vote itself isn't great, but what really bothers me is how you hedged with aco saying you'd vote there the next day. Feels like you were hedging in the event aco flipped.

Bronx-Man

Banned
How was it a mistake? You clearly thought CCS was more likely to be scum than acohrs. What has changed between now and then? I don't see why you shouldn't still consider CCS to be scum.

Does the apology mean that you think CCS is town? If so, what makes you think that?
I find it extremely unlikely that we managed to catch two scum in one day. The fact that both of you have had multiple scum reads on yourselves and are pushing me to focus on someone who almost was lynched yesterday is pretty suspect.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The vote itself isn't great, but what really bothers me is how you hedged with aco saying you'd vote there the next day. Feels like you were hedging in the event aco flipped.
I said that because I thought one of them had to be scum. If CCS didn't flip, then that meant acohrs was scum and I would've voted for him immediately at the start of today.

Sophia

Hmm... all three unvotes that Nin mentioned happened in a relatively short timeframe (under a minute) and plus you unvoted about the same time I voted for acohrs.

I dunno Nin, I'm not so certain cabot's vote there is alignment indicative.

Natiko

Banned
I find it extremely unlikely that we managed to catch two scum in one day. The fact that both of you have had multiple scum reads on yourselves and are pushing me to focus on someone who almost was lynched yesterday is pretty suspect.

I'm pretty sure more discussion surrounded you potentially being scum than both myself and kyan combined, but okay Bronx lol

Top Bottom