• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Aaargh, this was one of my anticipated titles when I bought the Wii U, but it's killing me that it doesn't have off TV play! I'm in that strange, small niche group of gamers that can rarely monopolize a tv so the GamePad has been a godsend to this point.

Guess I'll just have to wait and hope the 3DS version is halfway decent.

Aaargh, this was one of my anticipated titles when I bought the Wii U, but it's killing me that it doesn't have off TV play! I'm in that strange, small niche group of gamers that can rarely monopolize a tv so the GamePad has been a godsend to this point.

Try to make time for it, it is totally worth it.

I love off-TV play, but personally I'm enjoying the way they implemented the GamePad for this game. Along with Zombi U it does bring a unique experience to the table.

Hopefully, you can find a way to get more TV time to play. So far I've really enjoyed my time with the game.

dwu8991

Banned

Strange they could't make the game outside campaign for off-tv play

zigg

Does anyone know anything substantial about the 3DS version yet? Does it compare at all to the Wii U game in terms of quality, quantity, or even just how it's put together?

I finally unlocked my long-coveted car, the Silversmith. Here's how you do it:

Make sure you have the construction worker ability and revisit Chapter 8, the T-Rex museum heist. Fix the fuse box near the totem pole exhibit on the top floor to the right side of the T-Rex super build. Once the fuse box is fixed, teleport to the brontosaurus. Once you are there, use the jet pack to get on top of the dinosaur until you see a prompt to press A and grapple (using the police officer ability) above the dinosaur. You'll see a pterodactyl above which you will cut down and it will smash into the Silversmith token.

As a bonus, for those of you who have completed the story mission:

Change into the Rex Fury criminal costume before entering the museum. Once you are in the room with the T-Rex, open the box on the bottom floor with the glowing handle. It took me awhile, but these boxes can only be opened while using the Rex Fury custom. I won't completely spoil what's inside, but I'm sure you'll dig it.

dwu8991

Banned
Does anyone know anything substantial about the 3DS version yet? Does it compare at all to the Wii U game in terms of quality, quantity, or even just how it's put together?

Looks quite good although no where near MH3. I think you should definitely get it !

This game is really fun. Anybody know how many story chapters there are off hand?

Also, any tips for collecting the studs that you use for super builds? I never have enough.

This game is really fun. Anybody know how many story chapters there are off hand?

Also, any tips for collecting the studs that you use for super builds? I never have enough.

I know you can scan them with the scan icon on the wii pad, cant get to them all depending where you are up to in the game I think, also you can just break things, they spit them out but that will take awhile if you need right away.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm happy for Nintendo that they have a third-party (first-party published) title like this because we all know the WiiU needs more quality titles, but I can't help but feel like it is being overlooked by many because of said fact.

I mean, this is one of the funniest games I have played since... Kid Icarus: Uprising. And it is fun to boot, with a ton of content plus a very interesting open-world. I just hope a lot of people give this game a chance, because it deserves it. But only seeing 8,000 unique posters in the Miiverse community (and Montster Hunter Tri U as well) is a bit concerning.

It's really quiet depressing as an OCD completitionist to see that I've played this game for like 7 hours and only found 10% of everything this game has to offer.

It's really quiet depressing as an OCD completitionist to see that I've played this game for like 7 hours and only found 10% of everything this game has to offer.

Shhh, don't give developers any idea that we'd want SHORTER games. Your post just added +1 to my determination to pick this game up once I get a Wii U.

RobbieNick

Just finished messing around in the Lego store inside the game. You can smash boxes and make the sets inside.

Have you taken a Taxi yet? They don't always go by the green chips. They'll find shortcuts and drive through them.

Just finished messing around in the Lego store inside the game. You can smash boxes and make the sets inside.

Have you taken a Taxi yet? They don't always go by the green chips. They'll find shortcuts and drive through them.

I can't seem to find any since the first time I drove and a message popped up about taxis and limousines.

HeySeuss

Took me quite awhile to find this today. Had to go to 5 different stores before I found it. Luckily I found it at a Target so I was able to get the buy 2 get 1 deal so I also picked up NFSMWU and Ninja Gaiden and also snagged Punch-Out on the eShop. I now officially have a WiiU backlog.

Lizardus

My copy finally arrived on time. Glad to see Canada Post not fuck things up for once. Played a bit before work and I am loving it.

Amazing. First game I've played all the way to gamepad battery depletion.

So this is the first wii u game you have played for 2 hours straight?

So far this game has exceeded my expectations, the world is more detailed and interesting than 90% of the open world games on the market. Its smaller than most but the attention to detail is better than anything ive played this gen besides red dead redemption. Also the voice acting and sound track is top notch. Ive played almost all of the lego games and this is by far the best, just wish it had co-op as me and my daughter usually play the lego games together.

fernoca

Finally got the game! (Gamestop preorder)
Quick impressions:
-Loadings are not as problematic or as constant as reviewers made it out.
-Game has a really nice sense of humor. When I started it, a friend of mine was over here and he was laughing at many things (especially Honey) and got many of the references too; like the "guest officers" at the briefing.
-Visuals are quite nice, colorful and alive.
-Voice-acting is great.
-No problems with driving yet. Maybe I "got used to it" while playing the Lego Batman games, as I remember having some problems in the driving sessions of those.

oatmeal

Banned
First impressions...

- VO quality is great, they have some real actors here...
- Wife was embarrassed for me because of how cheesy it is...
- The world looks great
- Cars drive like shit, the stop and go is awful

I finished the first Chapter...how do you save? I went to the Police Department and went to the cheat machine and backed out of it (I didn't know what it waS) and it apparently saved there.

Is there no quick save?

Madouu

Is there no quick save?

I don't have the game but I've been following the topic a bit

massoluk said:
Disguise booth can save the game, you can unlock it after chapter 1

AndrewDean84xX said:
- Beat Chapter 1
- Go back to the Police Station
- Go to the basement
- Talk to lady behind the requasitions counter
- Go down the stairs to the gym area
- Break Police box
- Build Booth
- Booth boxes are now unlocked across Lego City

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
After a few hours of playing, I have to say that I really love this game. There is so much to do and I find the humor great. The vehicles don't handle well and the load times are atrocious, but those are my only complaints and they are overshadowed by everything else.

Top Bottom