• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nintendo won the toys war guys, PS and Xbox put a game in their console before Nintendo did in theirs. GG.

Nintendo:

i won breaking bad GIF

I rather play that Fortnite lego mode...
I played that, it’s boring.
Honestly as a brand building exercise having Lego Horizon, Lego God of War, Lego Uncharted, Lego the Last of Us, Lego Destiny etc. is actually big brain idea.
This idea does make sense with Uncharted and Horizon. Cause they well get increase sales when the movies and shows come out. I was confused as to why Playstation isn’t “supporting” Jumanji and Ghostbusters in a similar fashion. Multiplatform kid oriented games, lego or in different form.
Yeah, may have been a Lego requirement, similar to MLB licensing requiring to be on all platforms.
I don’t believe this take. I think Sony recognizes the it needs more young oriented games on PS5. But know those consumers are mostly on Switch. So you kill two birds with one stone. You fill a lacking gap in Playstation, while allowing this game to potentially be popular.
The problem with this game IMO is that the IP kind of stinks. The appeal of these Lego games is playing around with a ton of characters. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, whatever.
While I think it looks great, it's such a waste doing an Horizon Lego game lol
The IP is perfect for Lego. It’s robot goddamn dinosaurs.
It worked well on Genshin Impact, sure it work well on Lego right?

It basically failed on Genshin Impact. She is still to this day the worst character in terms of popularity and gameplay, no one wants to play or pick her and she was a free character.
what is it supposed to signify? Is this some sorta Aloy engraved hate, cause she signifies something? Netflix and NCSoft are also significantly investing in this franchise.

CamHostage

SIE is the publisher, on PS5 at least.

I think that's trademarked for the brand, not necessarily the product, but then I don't see any LEGO Games logo or labeling, so that doesn't make sense either that LEGO would just not include themselves on the boilerplate. So you must be correct, but it's weirdly unspecified so far.

If this is like MLB The Show or Minecraft, there could be different publishing labels on different platforms.

The whole thing would make more sense to me if it was just LEGO. Otherwise I'm still confused how there's not even an exclusivity period. But these are wild times for publishing....

Last edited:

Astray

Game looks like it will be a reasonable hit.

I'm guessing this means Sony and Lego will collaborate more in the future?

Also of course Sony would turn to Nintendo whenever they want more scale, not only is that platform base much bigger, it also skews younger, which is an audience Sony clearly wants this gen.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Kids grow older though.
And where will Sony hope they go? If you grow up on one console/handheld you're more likely to be loyal in the future. If Lego Horizon opens up some with Switches to think of Playstation as an accompanying console to their next Nintendo machine then it's a success.

The Xbox challenge is run. All that is left in the console market is Nintendo that is aimed at the younger demographic.

Perrott

Man, I wish it was like the older LEGO games in which the characters didn't communicate through words but by noises and gestures, because LEGO Aloy was beyond annoying in that trailer.

Other than that, it might be good, but I need to see more.

nial

I think that's trademarked for the brand, not necessarily the product, but then I don't see any LEGO Games logo or labeling, so that doesn't make sense either that LEGO would just not include themselves on the boilerplate. So you must be correct, but it's weirdly unspecified so far.
That simply means that SIE Europe is producing the game, which in turn means that SIE as a whole is publishing it.
Plus, the trailer had the PlayStation logo at the start.

Killjoy-NL

And where will Sony hope they go? If you grow up on one console/handheld you're more likely to be loyal in the future. If Lego Horizon opens up some with Switches to think of Playstation as an accompanying console to their next Nintendo machine then it's a success.

The Xbox challenge is run. All that is left in the console market is Nintendo that is aimed at the younger demographic.
Lots of 6 years old will be around 10 years old when PS6 releases, probably 13 by the time parents are likely think about getting then a Playstation, as that's the age most kids start to get more seriously into gaming.

Guerrilla games logo is the first thing you see in that trailer. This is co-developed. This isn’t Lego coming to SIE to ask them for a Horizon game. This is a SIE published game releasing on PC and a Nintendo console on day one.
Yeah co-developed. Lego and PlayStation have already worked together with the Horizon Lego sets. Making a game together would be an easy and obvious choice. And Lego is too big to keep it to one platform.

I just don't really feel like this IP appeals to kids. Sure, there's robot dinosaurs, but the story, characters etc. don't seem suited to that audience at all. Guess we'll see how it does.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I really don't understand how someone comes to this conclusion

SIE owns Horizon they didn't own MLB

Terrible analogy here
I think some people don't want to believe that Sony would decide to support a platform other than PlayStation. I would find it very difficult to believe that Lego forced Sony to put Horizon on Switch. Sony could have just noped out of a deal. I think Sony is testing the waters by trying to see how much they can earn from the 140+ million device Nintendo money machine.

No, its popularity thing. Straight to the twitter passive aggressive are we?
it was a random ass skin, that was platform exclusive and time limited. That you had to reach some sort of level to get it, that I didn’t manage to. It signifies nothing.

You would think sales, tv show with Netflix, Playstation’s first partnership to create a mobile game with NCSoft, and now Lego sets and games.. would prove the series popularity more than a random skin. maybe. perhaps.

Saber

I just don't really feel like this IP appeals to kids. Sure, there's robot dinosaurs, but the story, characters etc. don't seem suited to that audience at all. Guess we'll see how it does.

I could see the robot dinosaur being a cool thing, but Alloy? Incredibly impopular, I doubt kids even know her.

it was a random ass skin, that was platform exclusive and time limited. That you had to reach some sort of level to get it, that I didn’t manage to.

Alloy is a character, not a skin. She has her own set of skills and abilities. She was given free to PS players, they just need to redeem here on the ingame mail, which most didn't because she is extremelly unpopular.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Won't lie, that looks sick. I've always been a huge Lego game fan b/c they're so relaxing and you can just platinum them easy while listening to some podcasts or watching a side show/movie. I'm on board.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think some people don't want to believe that Sony would decide to support a platform other than PlayStation. I would find it very difficult to believe that Lego forced Sony to put Horizon on Switch. Sony could have just noped out of a deal. I think Sony is testing the waters by trying to see how much they can earn from the 140+ million device Nintendo money machine.
Yeah likely Lego didnt force Sony into anything they didn't want

Its 100% cope and tired of talking to the ones being intentionally obtuse about it

Last edited:

graywolf323

Its 100% cope and tired of talking to the ones being intentionally obtuse about it
if this is some new big push by Sony then why is Astrobot a PS5 exclusive? it’s the perfect type of game for the Switch audience

honestly the cope seems to me to be coming from the people that are openly rooting for PlayStation to follow Xbox in becoming third-party just because their preferred brand lost the console ‘war’ 🙄

Last edited:

I think it's more likely a push to get more people into the Horizon franchise. They are working on a Horizon MMO apparently so getting as many people as possible into the universe would be ideal.

if this is some new big push by Sony then why is Astrobot a PS5 exclusive? it’s the perfect type of game for the Switch audience

honestly the cope seems to me to be coming from the people that are openly rooting for PlayStation to follow Xbox in becoming third-party just because their preferred brand lost the console ‘war’ 🙄

He doesn't have an answer.

He thinks negotiations = force.

Sony could have walked away from MLB

They could have also walked away from Lego

There's a big difference to trying to port low-level software like Lego day 1 on multiple platforms and something ambitious like Naughty Dog's next game Day 1 on PC or other platforms.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member

The whole argument people are making that Sony has no choice but to put the game on PC and Switch because Lego owns Lego is wild. A game based on a Sony IP is releasing on PC and Switch the same day it's releasing on PlayStation and Sony is obviously ok with it otherwise they wouldn't have collaborated on the project. The reasons don't really matter. It is what it is.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

You guys using the exact same script, its not working

The whole argument people are making that Sony has no choice but to put the game on PC and Switch because Lego owns Lego is wild. A game based on a Sony IP is releasing on PC and Switch the same day it's releasing on PlayStation and Sony is obviously ok with it otherwise they wouldn't have collaborated on the project. The reasons don't really matter. It is what it is.
I don't get it either how people just play it off as Lego owns it somehow

Killer8

I feel like there are far more deserving Sony properties to give the Lego treatment.

But it doesn't look terrible.

Seriously, who wtf in Sony thought this was a good ideia?

Minecraft Legend vibes, neither game has a strong enough cast to carry a comedy lego title.

But at least Aloy eating hotdogs all the time is canon, explained the character model

Last edited:
Top Bottom