• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Rootbeer

Banned
Congratulations Brent! And will be buying the shit out of this. Im going to have to make an 80's section on my desk with BttF, TMNT and now Ghostbusters.

Someone submit K.I.T.T. Aiwolf and the A Team van to Cuusoo stat.

Hmmm which next? ET? Gremlins? Goonies? :)

Oh, I got it! The Explorers :)

...I think it'll be either Sherlock or Adventure time.

Please be Adventure Time! LEGO, Please save us from Jazwares!

P1020117-600x250.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Hmmm which next? ET? Gremlins? Goonies? :)

Oh, I got it! The Explorers :)]

It probably wouldnt have a big enough nostalgia factor but id like to see a Last Starfighter ship. Lego should actually drool over it, just imagine all the flick missles.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm wondering if the Female Minifigure Set has a chance to be made. It needs to be in a format that's a bit more attractive to a wider range of potential customers, and not just a set of small vignettes.

judhudson

Grats Wetwired.

Hopefully, the female minifigs sets makes it. While I really don't want to rehash that insanely boring debate, I do think their should be more female minifigs (I wish they were flesh tone though).

Of the winter sets, Zelda and Macross won't make it due to licensing issues. The DeLorean has no chance due to the previous one. I like the architecture one, but I doubt it's a go. I think it'll be either Sherlock or Adventure time.

Sherlock, nope...BBC more than likely won't allow it as they already have some sort of deal with Cobi (http://cobi.pl/en/about-us/cobi-sa/) so chances are Sherlock will go to them.

Adventure Time is more likely.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Heard that the next CUUSOO set is Ghostbusters...but is it Brent's version (our very own wetwired)?

YES!!!! Congrats Wet! I feel like this is an accomplishment for us all. So happy for you!

Fowler

CONGRATULATIONS WETWIRED! So, so, SO happy the Ghostbusters set is happening, and so proud that it was a fellow GAFfer who made it happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QT5zu1x65Q&feature=youtu.be

Congrats Brent!

And on behalf of LEGO GAF, we thank you when you send us all a Ghostbusters set! J/K

--

I hope the female minifig set gets made. Interesting new torso idea (which I know Cuusoo explicitly states no new moulds) for the lab coat. I never noticed it until now.

I would love an Adventure Time set and it definitely fits with marketability as it has a current popular TV show and has both kid and adult fans. Only issue is it would have to have new moulds IMO to be done right. Maybe I could file a rabbit head to make a proper Finn hat.

You did it wetwired... this is your day (year!) Can't wait to buy it, haha. Soo... do they give you some kind of cut? You know, like a builder's fee, kinda like a finder's fee? :)

Looking ahead, I hope Adventure Time wins. I'm a huge Zelda fan, sure, but I don't think that set really captures the iconic nature of the series. The Adventure Time one, however, is perfect.

Also, RE: Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary... I wonder if they will actually include the building part or just do the vehicle + minifigs? I'd LOVE to own the entire thing, but I wonder if they'd release something that expansive as a cuusoo.

They explicitly stated ECTO-1 and Ghostbuster minifigs will be made. It was subtle, but definitely no fire station.

I'm wondering if the Female Minifigure Set has a chance to be made. It needs to be in a format that's a bit more attractive to a wider range of potential customers, and not just a set of small vignettes.

I'm on the flipside. I think the small vignettes are perfect. Not sure if they'd sell in polybags or have a set with 2-3 of the vignettes. They are like polybag playsets which I like.

Cool. Congrats :)

Shame the FTL set didn't make it, though very expected. I'll be building those though!

FTL ships are cool. Hopefully the makers will make instructions available. Those ships look fairly easy to make if you have a large assortment of pieces or easy to Bricklink.

Naka

Haven't posted in LEGO-GAF in a while, but I saw the news and had to come in and congratulate Wetwired! So awesome that one of our fellow GAF members is getting his model made. Can't wait to buy this one!

rataven

Oh my god, congrats Wetwired! Very well deserved!

It was really wonderful watching the development of that set right here on GAF. So happy for you!

Congrats Wetwired!

Definitely going to buy Ecto-1 once it drops.

As for the new six, as much as I'd love the Sherlock set, I think the AdventureTime set has more of a chance of being made. But we'll see.

Fowler

As for the new six, as much as I'd love the Sherlock set, I think the AdventureTime set has more of a chance of being made. But we'll see.

Nice avatar!

But yes, as much as I love Sherlock, I'm not entirely sure what they can do with that set to make it distinctive.

(Though perhaps the mere existence of a Cumberbatch minifig is enough... and Freeman joining the rare club of people with multiple minifigs!)

Huge congratulations to you Brent. That is a very big deal! The biggest honor you can get from Lego.

Will you autograph my Ecto 1 Lego box?

I wonder if the BttF set sales influenced the selection? I'm assuming that set did really well and the Ecto falls in line with that set in a lot of ways. I can't wait to see the final build, and of course those minifigs!

Fxp

Congrats Wetwired!

Definitely going to buy Ecto-1 once it drops.

I agree, Adventure Time LEGO set would be awesome.

Nice avatar!

But yes, as much as I love Sherlock, I'm not entirely sure what they can do with that set to make it distinctive.

(Though perhaps the mere existence of a Cumberbatch minifig is enough... and Freeman joining the rare club of people with multiple minifigs!)

Thanks (Lestrade's my favorite character ever) and exactly my thoughts as well. The only thing that's unique would be the minifigs - and even that's a stretch. More plausible would be to either make more sets featuring London landmarks or incorporate it into modular/City sets.

I agree, Adventure Time LEGO set would be awesome.

I watch the show off and on, but I'd gladly buy an AT set if it were available.

Oh greatness! I was afraid some license trouble would mess with it, but I'm guessing the owners are happy to get more stuff to sell for the anniversary.

Definitely getting one. By the way, will it fit into the Fire Brigade?

I have been toying with the idea of putting my yeti MOC up on CUUSOO and trying to sell it as being a compliment to winter village stuff. Perhaps when my vacation starts next week I can get that up and going.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Brent you the man! Congratulations on getting Ghostbusters through. It has now jumped to my most anticipated set of 2014. (Heres hoping for the Firehouse too!)

Jimbro72

Congrats Wetwired! Awesome news and has to be a huge honor to see your set come out on top. Add me to the list of those who will definitely be picking this up once it's released.

Brent you bloody beauty!!!

Wayne_s%20World%20-%20We_re%20not%20worthy.gif

Huge congrats mate. I watched the video announcement on Facebook and was fist pumping the air when she announced it. Amazing stuff.

The Ecto-1 will go nicely with my DeLorean.

Top Bottom