• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
There's also a mystery March 1st set coming. It's exclusive to the LEGO Shop so maybe the Exo Suit?

Could it just be the regular release of Sea Cow? Is Benny's Spaceship an exclusive?

No matter what i have to plan an order for march now to get that MM fig. Maybe just plan on getting all the new Batman sets in one go.

ghostmind

Going to Ikea tomorrow to get Vittsjo shelving and Linnmon Tables for the LEGO room. Got a question about what color I should go with for the Linnmon tables. I was thinking grey would be the best to go with. Just wanting 2nd opinions from any of you who have gotten them before.

I went with grey, as it is a neutral color, and would work well for a CITY base.

ghostmind

Yeah....I was planning to get a modular building in March so my plans will have to change. I wonder what I can buy to reach the $75 threshold.

The new Marvel Super Heroes sets, as well as the remaining DC ones, and then all the new Star Wars sets will be out then.

Draxal

The Rebels minifigures from the Ghost set:

VvwySAy.jpg

Zeb's look is based on the original Ralph McQuarrie designs for Chewbacca:

egUPctU.jpg

Here's another picture.

20140130_legofiguren_bg.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the set.

wetwired

Did you have a full interior for the station as well?

No interior, it was pretty much just made for that expo so it's exterior only.

How much of it could you build with just the pieces of Fire Brigade? Could you build the front at least?

with the pieces I had from my FB I got the front and one side done, I pretty much had to double the pieces to finish it. Of couse that was supplemented from other sets and sources.

Compare it to the modulars in size for rough idea. I'm guessing at the minimum $600 and can easily go a few hundred above that. Unless you can get a lot of the red and light bley bricks for super cheap used or something.

10097930385_739fe8ce69.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wetwired/10097930385/in/set-72157636210223433/

Yeah at a guess the pieces for the firehouse alone would have been about $700. :/

LEGO Martian Manhunter minifigure is coming in March!

OMG, I'm almost crying. LEGO Super Heroes was my childhood dream. It's all coming true. Only thing is I wish it was classic Martian Manhunter. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy they actually made that minifig, but sad for my finances. Maybe it's the same green as the Hulk, then I can use Hulk's torso.

2015 better have a Marvel CMF collection and a DC CMF collection! That or they better ramp up with the $20 and less sets without Spiderman and without Batman.

Ponn

Banned
OMG, I'm almost crying. LEGO Super Heroes was my childhood dream. It's all coming true. Only thing is I wish it was classic Martian Manhunter. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy they actually made that minifig, but sad for my finances. Maybe it's the same green as the Hulk, then I can use Hulk's torso.

2015 better have a Marvel CMF collection and a DC CMF collection! That or they better ramp up with the $20 and less sets without Spiderman and without Batman.

I am honestly just stunned we get a widely available Martian Manhunter fig before Green Lantern. They better give GL some love in a future set.

My next geek out would be Shazam and Black Adam with those hoods.

I haven't really been interested in any of the movie sets but those 2 are mighty tempting

My only for positively sure pick ups are Sea Cow, Benny's spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! and Bad Cop Pursuit (I could use more of those tall girder support beam pieces and tracks and the cop car is pretty cool).

I really want that crazy Lord Business fig, if I could get just that complete fig on its own without the set I would.

LEGO Movie sets from Nuremberg:

http://youtu.be/sY2r20qhyaI

Some cool functionality for both the Police Dropship and Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP

Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

I hope that set sells really well. Hopefully that will lead to a space theme based on the Classic Space theme. Neo-Space or something.

Classic, Classic, CLASSIC! Space
Want, Want, WANT!

I am honestly just stunned we get a widely available Martian Manhunter fig before Green Lantern. They better give GL some love in a future set.

My next geek out would be Shazam and Black Adam with those hoods.

Yeah, what's up with the missing Green Lantern. It will be at least 4 years before there's a remote chance for him in a movie.
I bought some pad printed customs on eBay including Captain Marvel (Shazam) so I'm good waiting for an official one.

Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

I hope that set sells really well. Hopefully that will lead to a space theme based on the Classic Space theme. Neo-Space or something.

Classic, Classic, CLASSIC! Space
Want, Want, WANT!

Yeah, what's up with the missing Green Lantern. It will be at least 4 years before there's a remote chance for him in a movie.
I bought some pad printed customs on eBay including Captain Marvel (Shazam) so I'm good waiting for an official one.

Damm, I want that Spaceship, Spaceship, SPCESHIP! I hope it's March 1st item. I love the Space Uni-Kitty sitting in R2 like slot.

Rootbeer

Banned
The monthly model is only available for 1 day each month. Are you trying to get it? It's only for kids however.

OH! I misunderstood what that set was. I thought that was the freebie set that comes with purchases. I guess that Emmet set is the one available. Very underwhelming.

Also guys, is that Martian Manhunter figure with a $75 purchase in-store too or only online?

Drop ship looks very sturdy and has a lot of play features. I like it a lot.

2014 1H Star Wars sets will be available in LEGO stores and on S@H on February 17th.

Good to know. Guess that will be my next trip. Gotta get that Ghost ship. Actually may get both Rebels ships cause I plan on watching the series

LEGO Movie sets from Nuremberg:

http://youtu.be/sY2r20qhyaI

Some cool functionality for both the Police Dropship and Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP

VtKXemH.gif

OMFG! The Super Secret Police Dropship looks so awesome. The way the doors slide up is fantastic, and the tilt on the boosters is so cool. That thing looks like a beast.

But the real gem is obviously Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! As if I was not hyped enough for that set, seeing just how gloriously massive it is sold it more. But then those spring loaded wings popped out.

AuvfRG8.gif

My most anticipated set this year, but a HUGE margin. That thing better be available everywhere, and sell like crazy. That will send a message to LEGO that we need Classic Space back.

On a different note, I have a BN Member 20% off coupon if anyone wants it. They have all the regular LEGO Movie sets in stores, and some still have the recently OOP Architecture sets as well, like Robie House. I wont be using it, so whomever wants it needs to send me a PM. Just remember you need to be a BN Member for it to work.

SSS will be an excellent way to present all my neo-Classic figures, and it can be suspended from the ceiling somewhere so it doesn't take up shelf space.

So much to catch up on.....

Congrats to Wetwired, really looking forward to the set but also thinking it will be nice to hear about the process if you can?

Spaceship, Spaceship SPACESHIP!! was already a given but the video above really sells it. I don't care so much for the spring loaded dodads but the rubber tipped "missiles" I really like.

Simpsons CMF going just by Homer look really good. It's making me rethink getting the house so I can have a stage for the CMF's I will eventually buy.

I bought Pet Shop recently and just finished the build, you're not kidding when you all rave about it. My modulars so far are FS, GE & PS and I think PetShop could be my favourite.

The build has the right level of variety without being too repetitive and some nice little features to boot. The brick built toilet is great. Whenever I MOC my wife always asks where the toilet is, I only do Spaceships so toilets are not a high priority, but I have a bog I can put anywhere.

Palace Cinema will be next month in hope of a TLM bonus, then Town Hall in March. I'll have a ton of overtime in March (paid in April) so that is ear marked for Parisian Restaurant.

I only bought the Fire Station as a taster to modulars but thought it would be a one off......

Image dump of a MOC I just finished:

pDvR45k.jpg

"Why are these people so stretched out and thin?"

5hcpVXx.jpg

"It's still sharp!"

gFchjT7.jpg

"Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur’s heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate."

62v6jLI.jpg

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate–this one doom. Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

yHuKdAB.jpg

"It is a gift! A gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!"

zuqZkrc.jpg

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

Ge85KVI.jpg

"The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

QDHO9FQ.jpg

N9ay9ui.jpg

9wYSQYY.jpg

mrkgoo

Yes, three of them, mostly for the chairs and the leaves. Two were loose sets without the figures, so it wasn't too ridiculously expensive.
I enjoyed that, thank you.

I was only just pondering last mighty about how awesome and memorable The Lord of the rings movies were. They were epic art the time and so quotable. True classics. And how the new hobbit movies have none of those qualities.

Image dump of a MOC I just finished:

yHuKdAB.jpg

Awesome stuff. I especially like how you have the fence pieces on top of one another here.

I am curious though. Did you do the inverted cheese slope stuff because you were out of the 1x6 arches like you had on the ends, or was it so you didn't have to have something 2 studs wide on top of the posts? If it was to avoid 2 stud wide stuff, maybe one of these on top of each post then put arches down. But it would throw off the spacing a bit.
2341.png

I do like how you got the inverted cheese slopes off though. It looks like the antennae piece stuck into the hollow stud on top of a SNOT piece that was in upside down. Very nice.

On a different note, when I was going to IMGUR, this was on the front page. A Portal MOC someone did. I love how he uses the wrenches for legs.

ZjFSVwm.jpg

Awesome stuff. I especially like how you have the fence pieces on top of one another here.

I am curious though. Did you do the inverted cheese slope stuff because you were out of the 1x6 arches like you had on the ends, or was it so you didn't have to have something 2 studs wide on top of the posts? If it was to avoid 2 stud wide stuff, maybe one of these on top of each post then put arches down. But it would throw off the spacing a bit.
2341.png

I do like how you got the inverted cheese slopes off though. It looks like the antennae piece stuck into the hollow stud on top of a SNOT piece that was in upside down. Very nice.

I needed to bridge the gaps between 1 stud pillars and 4 stud railings, so I couldn't use the arches all the way. Also, in the corner the pillar is already used (along the angled side) so that side had nothing to support it. So it's all an upside down 9 studs wide construction covering both railings. Also, you might notice the color variation there. It's an old style hinge (old gray) which inverts the studs, to connect to the 1x10 on top. The hinge is pretty much a 1x5 with two studs on each side if you turn half of it around.

Actually the SNOT piece there is the "headlight" piece, with the antenna stuck in the front and the upper part on the antistud in the back. There are three different dark gray SNOT pieces used in that section.

I needed to bridge the gaps between 1 stud pillars and 4 stud railings, so I couldn't use the arches all the way. Also, in the corner the pillar is already used (along the angled side) so that side had nothing to support it. So it's all an upside down 9 studs wide construction covering both railings. Also, you might notice the color variation there. It's an old style hinge (old gray) which inverts the studs, to connect to the 1x10 on top. The hinge is pretty much a 1x5 with two studs on each side if you turn half of it around.

Actually the SNOT piece there is the "headlight" piece, with the antenna stuck in the front and the upper part on the antistud in the back. There are three different dark gray SNOT pieces used in that section.

I see the headlight piece now. Dont know how I missed it. And I had a feeling that was an old style hinge piece in the middle there. The good ole fashioned ones with the teeth at the end.
Awesome work.

Hah. I was watching a Hobbit production video and there it is, the interior of the lower part of the gallery, in great detail. Oh well.

Top Bottom