• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

hmmblah

Huge congrats, wetwired!! Can't wait to purchase the set. I really hope they stick close to your design and do not butcher it. Either way I'm sure most of us will buy it just to support you!

Ironmask

Just heard the news, congratulations wetwired!!!!

now we're just waiting for your daily journal about this awesome experience of your life

What is brickset.com site about? I click it and it doesn't show anything.

They are switching to a new layout soon and I believe it's resulted in some bad infrastructure problems (slowdown, not serving pages etc.). They indicated earlier today that it would be down for several hours. Check back tomorrow.

The site terrific-it's a good way to manage your collection, build wishlists etc. It also integrates with Rebrickable so it's much easier to see if you have the bricks necessary to build certain sets.

Congrats Wetwired!! Wetwired FTW

I would totally buy that! And if it could be displayed in Death Blossom mode, that would be the cherry on top.

Edit: Found this creation online: http://davidglennsimmons.com/archive/MyLegoCreations/Gunstar.htm

ovif.jpg

omg that is amazing

Nitemare1

This is really awesome! Congrats Wetwired!
I was watching the video this afternoon on BrothersBrick and when it came up I made an audible gasp and then had to explain the whole thing to a coworker LOL.

wetwired

Thanks guys for your support and votes. You wouldn't believe the amount of messages and emails I had this morning when I got up.

Gotta go answer them all now but that last starfighter moc is awesome.

mrkgoo

They are switching to a new layout soon and I believe it's resulted in some bad infrastructure problems (slowdown, not serving pages etc.). They indicated earlier today that it would be down for several hours. Check back tomorrow.

The site terrific-it's a good way to manage your collection, build wishlists etc. It also integrates with Rebrickable so it's much easier to see if you have the bricks necessary to build certain sets.
Right, yeah I scoured their forums and found some info. Thanks!

Ryuuroden

ugh I really want this and the eradicator mech but I have absolutely no funds to mess around with atm, I am shopping for sheets and comforter for a queen sized bed, like 4 linnmon tables from ikea, 3 Vittsjo shelving units, 1 detolf, a vittsjo tv stand, a new sofa that will run me prolly 600 dollars, just got a new router, and god knows what else ill realize I need. There is only one set I am getting this month and that is the Sea Cow if it really is the early VIP and that's going to be costly.

mrkgoo

I did not realize these were computer renders (LDD?). I like the idea of having infinite bricks and colors, but having the physical bricks and working with those seems so much more satisfying for whatever reason.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2014/01/28/predator-and-prey/

12107675253_d30f1f7757_z.jpg

12107636053_cfc5beaa23_z.jpg

Cuusoo links

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/48453
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/56748

Yeah, I think there are places and scripts that you use to export .lxf files and have them render in a proper ray-tracing program or something.

Of course, real bricks are cooler, but also more expensive ;) Furthermore, it's nice to rebuild models in LDD just to have a record.

Anyway, here's a sort of ship thing I've made from set 31008 (currently in the MOC-contest thread). It's just another idea I threw together., probably won't use it so I thought I'd post here.

And for the record, my first build (and current submission):

Tried making a Blastoise for the MOC contest. Had the shell and cannons looking good, but when I got to the head it started to just look horrible. Onto something else.

mrkgoo

I think I will finally purchase an Architecture set:

Looks cool. I know someone who collects the Architecture series, and while they are expensive, they all actually look pretty cool in person.

Even the Sydney Opera House, which I thought looked naff when announced, actually was pretty neat. I think the little miniature scale of it, and using your imagination somewhat lends to some appreciation.

I guess that kind of goes with a lot of lego sets in general - I learn to like them more as you build them.

Anyway, last set for now, another MOC test:

Looks cool. I know someone who collects the Architecture series, and while they are expensive, they all actually look pretty cool in person.

Even the Sydney Opera House, which I thought looked naff when announced, actually was pretty neat. I think the little miniature scale of it, and using your imagination somewhat lends to some appreciation.

I guess that kind of goes with a lot of lego sets in general - I learn to like them more as you build them.

You're not leaving us much space to maneuver. :p

Your mocs are awesome!

neonglow

I think this is your best one!

mrkgoo

You're not leaving us much space to maneuver. :p

Your mocs are awesome!

I think this is your best one!

Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't think that by doing lots, I'm essentially stealing ideas from people...sorry.

At any rate, I'm chuffed with my insect. I couldn't leave it alone and kept modifying it.

I unified the colour scheme a bit more, and created more internal strength. I had to substitute some internal pieces to bring out some blue 1x2 plates for the legs, but I think it looks a lot nicer now.

(edit: hmmm... actually, now that the legs are all blue, it has lost some 'character'. I might switch it back).

No photos, but here's the LDD version:

And for the life of me, I still can't find the 1x2 bracket with top in LDD. Is it a new piece? I've been substituting it with the 2x2 you see here.

(edit: hmmm... actually, now that the legs are all blue, it has lost some 'character'. I might switch it back. It looks like some generic bug with all blue, but with the white and shorter front legs, it seems more like an 'exotic' bug).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
congrats wetwired. Hey, how about seeing if we can get lego-gaf a review model to build and give impressions on - maybe you or phoniclebone could build it?

Trevi fountain looks really nice too - fantastic horses.

wetwired

I don't ever suppose you'd be willing to breakdown the pieces/parts for the Firehouse would you? :p I'm a huge GB nut, would love to be able to build that, but don't even know where to begin.

It'd be pretty difficult without completely dismantling it, I could probably take some close up photos though, it's relatively straightforward in construction so it shouldn't be too difficult, and you can just ask if you hit any roadblocks.

judhudson

It'd be pretty difficult without completely dismantling it, I could probably take some close up photos though, it's relatively straightforward in construction so it shouldn't be too difficult, and you can just ask if you hit any roadblocks.

That should work, thank you. After I finish my last two modulars, I think it'll be time for me to get to learn how to use BrickLink and order pieces.

How much of it could you build with just the pieces of Fire Brigade? Could you build the front at least?

Martheron

mrkgoo, I'm starting to think you work for lego! Some of this stuff is awesome though, you should really put some of this up so we can make them!

Norfair

Very belated congrats to wetwired again.

I'm starting to think that the major flaw with cuusoo is that since we're all voting for the sets there's a good chance I'm going to want to buy them all. Well, at least my wallet sees it as a flaw.

How bad am I going to get gouged on shipping charges for just 1 brick from Brick Link that's being shipped from Spain or Germany? Both stores have no minimum for an order, and all I need is;
93604.jpg
in white. No one in the US or Canada has one.

Rootbeer

Banned
All,

Does the monthly mini-model reset on the 4th or the 1st? I guess it's the first Tues of the month hu? Was thinking about going tomorrow, maybe I'll wait till Tuesday!

4821-feb14-fr-625x947px.png

mojiimbo

Yeah, it's Tuesday evening. Officially it's only supposed to be for kids but some stores are lenient about it, especially if you're a regular.

neonglow

All,

Does the monthly mini-model reset on the 4th or the 1st? I guess it's the first Tues of the month hu? Was thinking about going tomorrow, maybe I'll wait till Tuesday!

4821-feb14-fr-625x947px.png

The monthly model is only available for 1 day each month. Are you trying to get it? It's only for kids however.

Ryuuroden

Going to Ikea tomorrow to get Vittsjo shelving and Linnmon Tables for the LEGO room. Got a question about what color I should go with for the Linnmon tables. I was thinking grey would be the best to go with. Just wanting 2nd opinions from any of you who have gotten them before.

Top Bottom