• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Picked up 6 new minifigures at the local Lego Store tonight. First Lego purchase since I lost my job, and it was especially hard since I got to see all the awesome new(ish) sets that I can't afford.

Didn't take much time to feel around the bags and ended up with the yeti, female robot, lady scientist, welder, and 2 climbers. Really, really want the pretzel girl (to go with the pretzel guy I have), the gingerbread man, and the elf.

I'm sure others in this thread would trade you for what you're looking for.

Picked up 6 new minifigures at the local Lego Store tonight. First Lego purchase since I lost my job, and it was especially hard since I got to see all the awesome new(ish) sets that I can't afford.

Didn't take much time to feel around the bags and ended up with the yeti, female robot, lady scientist, welder, and 2 climbers. Really, really want the pretzel girl (to go with the pretzel guy I have), the gingerbread man, and the elf.

I got the girl and am actually on the hunt to eventually get the guy >_<

Falch

Nice pics antiquegamer, you're actually making me reconsidering getting Sail Barge for my Tatooine diorama.

In other news, I just had to resest my neogaf password, it told me I hadn't changed it in 3420 days. Fuck I'm old.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Hallelujah, I am back from password reset hijinks! So that is what being banned feels like... shudder.

Okay good. I had the something happen to me and I started to freak out. My password was 1147 days old....so it has expired. I was like....ooooookay?

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Big grains of salt rumor-time.

UCS Slave I is the fall release.
The spring release is a $400 set. What could it be???

I hope it is a UCS Slave I so I can actually skip a LEGO Star Wars UCS. I have zero interest in the Slave I. I look for a $400 Cloud City to replace the Death Star. Seems legit.

Here's a MOC of one would cost much more than that. It's 6200 pieces.

AT-AT+final+plus+minifig+%28WM%29.jpg

Size comparison:

4c30dc8190aff171fe6022d5f7a017.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING. I NEED AN AT-AT NOW. RIGHT NOW!

Calm Killer

What is all this password business? I haven't been asked to change mine.

Seems there is a Global announcement from Evilore. Admin's or mods account was hacked, so they are resetting everyone.

I would be happy when they finally move off Return of the Jedi and onto Empire or New Hope. (Also please be done with prequel, LEGO, now that there are no more 3D movies) I have no issue with prequel as I don't mind them but I think there are several New Hope set that could use revisited.

I would be happy when they finally move off Return of the Jedi and onto Empire or New Hope. (Also please be done with prequel, LEGO, now that there are no more 3D movies) I have no issue with prequel as I don't mind them but I think there are several New Hope set that could use revisited.

There is still one Return of the Jedi set that must be done someday:
Mchomeone2a.jpg

Home One.

And it first appeared in Empire, but was in Jedi as well:
NBfrigate.JPG

Medical Frigate

Although, judging by how the B-Wing sold, I don't see either of these becoming reality.

So, did the B-Wing (and if the store clerk was right, the Red Five X-Wing) bomb because of the lack of love for the ship, or the high price? Because they did have a pretty rough mark up compared to other sets.

I sort by colour, then shape :p

Inconceivable! Do you "Wax off, Wax on" too?
Sort by shape then you can stop or continue to sort by color if you have a lot of one shape. "That is the only logical approach for sorting LEGO" - Spock

There is still one Return of the Jedi set that must be done someday:
Mchomeone2a.jpg

Home One.

And it first appeared in Empire, but was in Jedi as well:
NBfrigate.JPG

Medical Frigate

Although, judging by how the B-Wing sold, I don't see either of these becoming reality.

So, did the B-Wing (and if the store clerk was right, the Red Five X-Wing) bomb because of the lack of love for the ship, or the high price? Because they did have a pretty rough mark up compared to other sets.

Truth. LEGO would only use the most iconic items from Star Wars at the $400 price point. I can only think of Cloud City and AT-AT if it's from OT.

ghostmind

UCS Sandcrawler would appease those that voted on the set from CUUSOO. But I don't see it as being a big success like an AT-AT would.

It may not be a UCS set, but maybe a vehicle/playset combo with the Lars Homestead? Or maybe it is a standalone UCS model. I'm not certain on either scenario, but I am hearing Sandcrawler regardless.

It may not be a UCS set, but maybe a vehicle/playset combo with the Lars Homestead? Or maybe it is a standalone UCS model. I'm not certain on either scenario, but I am hearing Sandcrawler regardless.

That would make two predominantly brown Star Wars 10000 series sets in a row. Nice to break up all the grey and white.

And if it comes with Lars Homestead, how long until someone makes a MOC of burning bodies and a destroyed home?

EDIT: Also, one last bag to go before finishing Ewok Village.

Calm Killer

Sweet, It didn't get straight up rejected in Cuscoo so there is a chance! I hope so. This will RUIN my wallet.

I can see Sandcrawler with similar set up as Death Star where the compartments have scene from the movie, that said, there weren't a lot of stuffs happen in the Sandcrawler. I would prefer AT-AT to be honest.

UCS Sandcrawler would appease those that voted on the set from CUUSOO. But I don't see it as being a big success like an AT-AT would.

Wait. How does that work? What was the decision on Cuusoo Sandcrawler?
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1786
Not being considered for production?
Does this mean they had plans and they shelve it so they don't tip their hat?

EDIT: nvm "Unfortunately we can&#8217;t approve this project in the LEGO Review based on our ongoing relationship and collaboration with Lucasfilm on LEGO Star Wars."

I don't see Sandcrawler by itself happening. Yes, maybe a playset with the bar (Greedo), sandcrawler (jawas), and Lars Homestead. Sandpeople would be nice. Sandcrawler is cool, but I can't see it warranting a $400 price tag as a standalone.

On second thought, multiple scene playsets in one set doesn't seem LEGO's style. They could easily make it into multiple sets like they usually do.

I can see Sandcrawler with similar set up as Death Star where the compartments have scene from the movie, that said, there weren't a lot of stuffs happen in the Sandcrawler. I would prefer AT-AT to be honest.

I don't see that happening. AT-AT 1000% since I missed it. Plus it can sell multiples. :) Cloud City fits more as a Death Star type build with multiple scenes.

I need time to reflect a bit on it since I just finished it, but Ewok Village might be the winner of the year for me now.

So many great minifigures. So many neat playset features. It looks great when on display. The rotating trunks allow you to actually change the direction you want the main body of the model to face while still making it look great. TONS of awesome parts for MOCs, and so many neat building techniques employed in it. They really pulled out all the stops on this one.

I need to relax a bit and then will probably have TONS of pictures up later from it. There is so much going on in this set.

I need time to reflect a bit on it since I just finished it, but Ewok Village might be the winner of the year for me now.

So many great minifigures. So many neat playset features. It looks great when on display. The rotating trunks allow you to actually change the direction you want the main body of the model to face while still making it look great. TONS of awesome parts for MOCs, and so many neat building techniques employed in it. They really pulled out all the stops on this one.

I need to relax a bit and then will probably have TONS of pictures up later from it. There is so much going on in this set.

No problem. Go have a smoke and maybe a nap. We'll be waiting for the photo review.

neonglow

Hobbit pics are up but hard to see. These sets don't look very exciting though it seems you might be able to combine together like Helm's Deep and Urak-Hai Army sets.

2gQtU5v.jpg

N68RekS.jpg

o1iRQl2.jpg

No problem. Go have a smoke and maybe a nap. We'll be waiting for the photo review.

Ain't a smoke and nap thing. Wish it was. Got hit with some nasty stomach bug Wednesday afternoon and have not felt well since. Honestly surprised I made it the 4 hours it took to go to the LEGO store and back.

I will upload the only two pics so far. I took them while still building because I had no clue these pieces actually fit together like this before:

Underside of the large octagonal plates. The center is rounded, so it can actually attach to this piece:

And freely rotate. When building, I was expecting to have to put a 4x4 round plate under the octagon plate to make it click on, but you don't need to. How did I not know this before?

Just one of many nice surprises while building the set.

Fowler

Truth. LEGO would only use the most iconic items from Star Wars at the $400 price point. I can only think of Cloud City and AT-AT if it's from OT.

The X-Wing is pretty damn iconic though. I'd only put the Millenium Falcon, Star Destroyer and Death Star above it in terms of iconic Star Wars vehicles.

Another thing to consider: If the UCS X-Wing is indeed bombing, does this reduce the chance we'll see more UCS "re-releases" like that? Does it delay the UCS Falcon re-release we all thought was incoming?

Hobbit pics are up but hard to see. These sets don't look very exciting though it seems you might be able to combine together like Helm's Deep and Urak-Hai Army sets.

2gQtU5v.jpg

N68RekS.jpg

o1iRQl2.jpg

Yeah, doesn't look super exciting, but doesn't look bad either. Looks like nice minifigs and good useful parts.

Collection of TONS of (mediocre) pics I took of Ewok Village.

There are too many to post, but I put short descriptions under each photo. This set is wonderful, and worth every single penny.

It may not be to scale or movie accurate, but it delivers tons of character and charm with great callbacks to Return of the Jedi, as well as little flourishes added just for this set. I cannot recommend this set highly enough for Star Wars fans, or anyone else wanting a great build. It comes with tons of great figures, and is a treasure trove of pieces for MOCs.

Those Hobbit sets look super boring, good grief. It almost seems lazy in design...ahhh well, just less money I have to spend.

They should do a set of the town of Rohan and really go all out.

Those Hobbit sets look super boring, good grief. It almost seems lazy in design...ahhh well, just less money I have to spend.

They should do a set of the town of Rohan and really go all out.

UCS Golden Hall of Rohan please!

EDIT:
Contents of the two PAB cups from yesterday:

White 2x2x2 slope- 32
White 1x4 arch- 11
Grey 1x2 grooved brick- 51
White 2x4 brick- 20
White 1x8 tile- 58
White 4x6 plate- 33
Dark Grey 6x16 plate- 12
Light green 6x12 plate- 12
Dark green 4x4 plate- 24

253 pieces. Above the $.10 a brick threshold, but TONS of plates, which take up tons of room in the cup. I was stocking up for a winter scene. Thinking I should have ransacked more of the 1x8 tiles while he had them.

UCS Golden Hall of Rohan please!

EDIT:
Contents of the two PAB cups from yesterday:

White 2x2x2 slope- 32
White 1x4 arch- 11
Grey 1x2 grooved brick- 51
White 2x4 brick- 20
White 1x8 tile- 58
White 4x6 plate- 33
Dark Grey 6x16 plate- 12
Light green 6x12 plate- 12
Dark green 4x4 plate- 24

253 pieces. Above the $.10 a brick threshold, but TONS of plates, which take up tons of room in the cup. I was stocking up for a winter scene. Thinking I should have ransacked more of the 1x8 tiles while he had them.

I really like the Dark green, dark blue, and dark red colors. I hope PAB gets a lot more parts in those colors in the future.

Eh... those Hobbit sets look beyond simple. Just a stack of pieces to make a random wall. It doesn't help that the movie doesn't (yet) have an established look so there's nothing to recognize, but... eh.

Interesting that Beorn is blonde and does seem to have the crazy saiyajin hair from the leaked picture.

However, I seem to recall the second round of LotR sets being revealed through unfinished box art with missing pieces and details, so it's not certain these will stay.

ghostmind

This is why you need Arkham before you decide on your top sets for 2013. Bessa knows his stuff!

Somehow I doubt it.

They will probably discount the stuff going OOP, like Tower Bridge or something. I am hoping for the global 10% discount when you spend over a certain amount.

EDIT: Lego Coulson!

You can make Coulson now with Lex Luthor minifig and nerd hairpiece. Easily obtain by getting Superman vs Power Armor Lex set at a very reasonable price.
Get it while it's still available. Aftermarket prices will soar if future Superman minifigs are more like movie or current comic.

Green power armor is also perfect for the holidays.

You can make Coulson now with Lex Luthor minifig and nerd hairpiece. Easily obtain by getting Superman vs Power Armor Lex set at a very reasonable price.
Get it while it's still available. Aftermarket prices will soar if future Superman minifigs are more like movie or current comic.

Green power armor is also perfect for the holidays.

Oh, I champion the Lex Power Armor any chance I get. One of the best sets out there for that price point.

So my S@H order came today. Two days was pretty quick!

Got the Winter Village Market, the promo Tree Shop, and sorry folks who haven't gotten one, another Lego Store Employee.

The Tree Shop looks like it will be pretty neat when paired with the Black Friday promo delivery truck.

So my S@H order came today. Two days was pretty quick!

Got the Winter Village Market, the promo Tree Shop, and sorry folks who haven't gotten one, another Lego Store Employee.

The Tree Shop looks like it will be pretty neat when paired with the Black Friday promo delivery truck.

My 2nd order came in today too. I also got a Lego Store Employee. I guess I'm not on their "don't give this guy any free stuff" list. I was getting paranoid after not getting Valentine thing and no Lego store fig last order.

Calm Killer

I got y second S@H order today as well. 3 days after it shipped. Got a second holiday promo and a second LEGO employee minifig.

Top Bottom