• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

shadow29

Neo Member
So I was trying to poke around and make sure I was good with the Marketplace thread I was trying to make up, and while doing a search to compare it, I'm starting to notice the lack of any others other than the main gaming buy/sell trade one.

So is it even allowed? Or do they not condone anything besides that one thread? I'd rather not get in trouble for this :/

Thinking I'm gonna keep it for now. Sorry.

I was kidding; no worries.

I bought and built the Rancor set tonight. Good lord what a shitty set.

Boring build, uninteresting figs and to be honest it looks like crap when paired with the Palace. At least that set looks ok on its own.

Rancor is huge though. Neat figure.

So I was trying to poke around and make sure I was good with the Marketplace thread I was trying to make up, and while doing a search to compare it, I'm starting to notice the lack of any others other than the main gaming buy/sell trade one.

So is it even allowed? Or do they not condone anything besides that one thread? I'd rather not get in trouble for this :/
Pm a mod to ask if it is okay. No harm in that.

I was kidding; no worries.

I bought and built the Rancor set tonight. Good lord what a shitty set.

Boring build, uninteresting figs and to be honest it looks like crap when paired with the Palace. At least that set looks ok on its own.

Rancor is huge though. Neat figure.

Sounds like you need Ewok Village to wash the taste out of your mouth.

wetwired

Inconceivable! Do you "Wax off, Wax on" too?
Sort by shape then you can stop or continue to sort by color if you have a lot of one shape. "That is the only logical approach for sorting LEGO" - Spock

When I build I'm often using certain colours at the same time so I find it easier to have the same colour in those screw sorting containers and then sort by shape.

Anything I have a large amount of (in volume as well as numbers), stuff like basic bricks, large plates etc go into larger tubs.

shadow29

Neo Member
Ok the one mod i asked said it shouldn't be an issue. Ill hopefully get it up soon.

Edit: So would there be a reason I cannot start a new thread in community? Like a number of post requirement or something?

ghostmind

Ok the one mod i asked said it shouldn't be an issue. Ill hopefully get it up soon.

Edit: So would there be a reason I cannot start a new thread in community? Like a number of post requirement or something?

It's because you are a junior... can't start threads.

If you want to PM it to me or another member, we can post it for you.

neonglow

Junior members can not start threads. You become a regular member after a certain amount of posts and a particular time frame. I'd like to say it's like 3 months and a couple hundred posts.

Since you've been here for awhile, you just need your post count up. Just keep posting often in this thread.

neonglow

Looks like this will be the Black Friday deal if the UK version is anything to go by. Seems like the same as last year where you get 10% off if you spent $149 or more. I hope they don't exclude Exclusives.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discus...day-29-11-13-to-2-12-13-lego-stores-uk#latest

lego33_zps9e6a1854.jpg

ghostmind

Looks like the Iron Patriot minifig will come boxed with the game, which makes the preorder rather pointless, unless the stock is super-limited.

ka6Vsgr.jpg

Looks like this will be the Black Friday deal if the UK version is anything to go by. Seems like the same as last year where you get 10% off if you spent $149 or more. I hope they don't exclude Exclusives.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discus...day-29-11-13-to-2-12-13-lego-stores-uk#latest

lego33_zps9e6a1854.jpg

So, Arkham it is. Think I will take my chances for Winter Village being discounted after the new year.

Looks like the Iron Patriot minifig will come boxed with the game, which makes the preorder rather pointless, unless the stock is super-limited.

ka6Vsgr.jpg
Good. I am glad they did it this way. Makes the speculators actually have to buy the game and they cant return it either once that outer shrink wrap is off. Stops people from stockpiling the figure to sell later.

shadow29

Neo Member
Ghostmind posted the Marketplace thread and is sprucing it up. Couldn't really send all the razzamatazz over PM so unfortunately he has to do some of the leg work for me. Much appreciated.

I did do the second post for linking to posts and listing PAB stuff. Though for now it only includes myself, ryuuroden and Bentbricks. PM me if I got anything wrong there.

Hopefully this makes it easier for any transactions we'd like to do.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699892

ghostmind

Ghostmind posted the Marketplace thread and is sprucing it up. Couldn't really send all the razzamatazz over PM so unfortunately he has to do some of the leg work for me. Much appreciated.

I did do the second post for linking to posts and listing PAB stuff. Though for now it only includes myself, ryuuroden and Bentbricks. PM me if I got anything wrong there.

Are we going to set up individual posts in the thread so we can edit them ourselves as we add/remove items for sale/trade/whatever?

shadow29

Neo Member
Are we going to set up individual posts in the thread so we can edit them ourselves as we add/remove items for sale/trade/whatever?
That would be the plan. And then I'd link all of the members listings to the second post I made. Plus It will list the PAB listings. Mostly for myself for when I go its all in one easy location. Though for safety I'd list it in your own post as well.

Thank you for making it. And thank you to Ghostmind for posting it.

Finally disassembled the MOC I made at the BN Architecture event months ago. 341 pieces for free. And many SNOT pieces in there, along with a white 16x16 plate. Not bad for free. :)

ghostmind

Thank you for making it. And thank you to Ghostmind for posting it.

Finally disassembled the MOC I made at the BN Architecture event months ago. 341 pieces for free. And many SNOT pieces in there, along with a white 16x16 plate. Not bad for free. :)

Nice! I have a friend who is absolutely losing his mind over that Architecture set. I don't get the hype myself.

Nice! I have a friend who is absolutely losing his mind over that Architecture set. I don't get the hype myself.

I will not be buying it, but am grateful for the event and the employee letting us keep the bricks. I am pillaging for white bricks right now to plot out a Christmas scene. Thinking it will only be Winter Cottage and some MOCness in it. Waiting on Winter Village Market until after the new year at this point.

ghostmind

TMNT Animated sets:

79118 - Karai's Escape on a Bike (14,99€)
79119 - The Chamber of Mutation (26,99€)
79120 - T-Rocket Attack from the Air (34,99€)
79121 - Turtle Submarine (45,99€)

Translations may be a bit off for the set names.

ghostmind

Spider-Man sets:

76014 - Spider-Trike vs. Electro – Spider-Man riding some sort of “tricycle”. Electro has a green torso, yellow hands, and yellow legs.(14,99€)

76015 - Doc Ock: Attack of the Truck – Includes Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus, and a driver. The truck seems to be a bank truck that Doc Ock is robbing. (24,99€)

76016 - Rescue of the Spider-Heli – Includes Spider-Man, Green Goblin, and a woman minifigure (Black Cat or MJ). The vehicle is an “Avatar-like" Helicopter in red, blue and dark grey. (49,99€)

Sweet! Thanks! I just posted a placeholder and will fill it out in a bit.

Spider-Man sets:

76014 - Spider-Trike vs. Electro – Spider-Man riding some sort of “tricycle”. Electro has a green torso, yellow hands, and yellow legs.(14,99€)

76015 - Doc Ock: Attack of the Truck – Includes Spider-Man, Doctor Octopus, and a driver. The truck seems to be a bank truck that Doc Ock is robbing. (24,99€)

76016 - Rescue of the Spider-Heli – Includes Spider-Man, Green Goblin, and a woman minifigure (Black Cat or MJ). The vehicle is an “Avatar-like" Helicopter in red, blue and dark grey. (49,99€)

Doc Ock (boring if it's the same as Ultimate Spider-Man one they just released).
I'm going to get burnt out on Batman and Spider-Man next year. They need to mix it up a bit and maybe sell some small sets without any Batman or Spider-Man in them.

neonglow

Great idea on the trading thread. I've added the stuff I want and have. As you can see, I'm a polybag collector.

Here's the Robin polybag I just picked up. It's a very simply built set, but looks great. I do have a couple more of him to trade if anyone is interested.

I rearranged the Lego display. It keeps expanding, now it takes up that entire section of shelves.

From top left:
* Expanded Bag End, Fire Brigade (with Swedish flag), Trendy Arcade, Fierce Flyer
* Orthanc with orc army
* Kingdoms Joust with every applicable minifig I have
* Caradhras fellowship display, Space figures, various LotR figures, various collectible minifigs I want to keep
* My custom minifigs in Medieval Market Village
* Black Seas Barracuda and unfinished Imperial Flagship

HrFdQGC.jpg

iuuk

I rearranged the Lego display. It keeps expanding, now it takes up that entire section of shelves.

From top left:
* Expanded Bag End, Fire Brigade (with Swedish flag), Trendy Arcade, Fierce Flyer
* Orthanc with orc army
* Kingdoms Joust with every applicable minifig I have
* Caradhras fellowship display, Space figures, various LotR figures, various collectible minifigs I want to keep
* My custom minifigs in Medieval Market Village
* Black Seas Barracuda and unfinished Imperial Flagship

Apart from the flag, what's unfinished about it? Is the front sail a placeholder, or is it just the flash that whites out the stripes?
Seemingly looks great for a second hand set though.

Edit: just posted in the Marketplace thread, kind of afraid my haves make me sound like a drugdealer (I can provide you with your LEGO!), but that's in line with this thread I guess. Hope it's allowed.

Apart from the flag, what's unfinished about it? Is the front sail a placeholder, or is it just the flash that whites out the stripes?
Seemingly looks great for a second hand set though.

Edit: just posted in the Marketplace thread, kind of afraid my haves make me sound like a drugdealer (I can provide you with your LEGO!), but that's in line with this thread I guess. Hope it's allowed.

All the mast riggings are missing, the flag is missing, and there's quite a few color substitutes, mostly the masts, plus no hats on the soldiers.

TMNT Animated sets:

79118 - Karai's Escape on a Bike (14,99€)
79119 - The Camber of Mutation (26,99€)
79120 - T-Rocket Attack from the Air (34,99€)
79121 - Turtle Submarine (45,99€)

Translations may be a bit off for the set names.

Hmm... I wonder if any of these sets will come with season 2 newcomer
Casey Jones
. I'll have to get that Karai set though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Went to LegoWorld 2013 in Utrecht, Netherlands. Probably more interesting if you're a kid. Saw old classic sets like Blacktron, a Friends cartoon, some cool MOCs. Toy store Intertoys were selling tons of LEGO at 10% off - which wasn't worth it except for the already heavily discounted 66405 - City Trains Super Pack 4-in-1. Smaller sellers actually had some decently priced stuff but I barely had any cash with me (they didn't have a PIN payment option and I couldn't be bothered to go outside and get some cash from the ATM).
At the exit they handed out a bag of free stuff though! 30254 Razcal's Double-Crosser, 70103 Boulder Bowling, and a Friends dvd with an episode on it.

(Excuse the terrible phone photos. I should've taken a proper camera with me, but I already felt a bit awkward as a lone guy in a sea of little kids)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If anyone is looking for the Scarecrow and/or the Welder from series 11 I have them available for trade.

All I need is the Jazz Player.

I thought this extra Scarecrow was a Jazz Player, so disappointed when I got home. I had picked out the entire series in one trip and was exhausted. Mistakes were made.
I got the extra Welder simply for trade purposes cause he was the hardest for me to find. Maybe others have had better success.

Ponn

Banned
Well thanks to ghostmind and Siegfried for all the news and pics this morning but really disappointed. Silly spider vehicles for spider-man sets. NO POWER MAN! grrr wanted to complete my Heros for Hire. Saving grace would be a Green Goblin fig with glider but we know it will probably be the bastarized ultimate movie version.

Hobbit sets are a big meh except the figs. Oh look Hobbit/LoTR sets that are all grey and one big wall, how original.

ghostmind

Yeah, I am not feeling these Hobbit sets. I think that PJ left LEGO in a hard spot when he changed it to a trilogy, as the Mirkwood Spiders and Escape in a Barrels sets from last year actually are for this film. Hopefully they can recover for the third film (where is the Smaug set?)

I like the Hobbit and LotR minifigs, but I've been underwhelmed by the vast majority of the sets. They all seem to have lots of gray and brown with a bit of green thrown in here with foliage every once in awhile. It all looks virtually the same.

I'd have liked to see Lego produce another set in the same vein of 'The Unexpected Party'. Maybe another building from Hobbiton, or another section of Bilbo's house.

edit: I thought the first run of LotR sets were excellent. I own them all!

I try not be a really negative guy, so I felt badly when I posted that the Rancor set is shitty.

It really is though. The thing is completely unimpressive. Is it supposed to be an inescapable prison? They don't even have any walls. Although there is a door. That's handy.

The gate is actually attached to a swinging mechanism which is kind of cool. I'm not sure the purpose of having it swing open though to be honest, but there you go. Further access to the open room.

The gate itself is held aloft by a set of Technic pins that allow you to stop it at various heights. It works well, but is really poorly thought out (more in that in a minute).

The highlight of the set!

The Rancor fits.

The Rancor dies.

Malakili cries. I really do love that he has a sad face.

The highlight of the build itself is a hidden compartment. I wish there were more features like this in LEGO sets. Monster Fighters really did well in this regard.

Here's how it looks with Jabba's Palace (after my daughter played with it. Just noticed those unattached bricks and my OCD is going crazy). Seriously. It's like they aggressively tried to be underwhelming with this combo. When they're stacked the tower that comes with Jabba's set doesn't even attach properly.

That's not even the biggest problem with attaching them though. Check out the placement of the gate here.

The skeleton is lifting the gate as high as it will go. When Jabba's Palace is resting on the pit, the gate simply can't go any further. I'm stunned that a "paired" set would be so gimped given that it's the main play feature of one of the sets.

Once I built the palace I felt ok about the price point. It's still really expensive but the detail and figs go a long way toward making up for it. This set just feels tacked on and lazy. I would absolutely not recommend it.

Bonus:

Luke has the classic hairpiece which continues to exhibit this annoying feature:

Luke also comes with an extra long accessory. Must've seen Sail Barge Leia.

Also, Punk Rock Rancor is hard as fuck.

The set does look bad, but those figures look great. I want the Rancor itself obviously, but the fact that Malakili has a sad face is wonderful.

Great idea on the trading thread. I've added the stuff I want and have. As you can see, I'm a polybag collector.

Here's the Robin polybag I just picked up. It's a very simply built set, but looks great. I do have a couple more of him to trade if anyone is interested.

I am up for a trade. I got up early went to my TRU and well they are all out. I ask them how is that possible since the deal start today, the manager said apparently they were all got put out early and were all purchased (most likely by scalper since she check all the stores in the area and they are all out). I knew I should have check early in the week. I am so annoy. She offer me TMNT poly as a substitute. I am super annoyed with the scalping and TRU.

Nitemare1

You kind of have to give in to the fact that your buying that set for the Rancor and Malakili and a bunch of extra elements to eventually throw into your collection. My Rancor is currently on my desk beating a cave troll with a shark!

ghostmind

Here's how it looks with Jabba's Palace (after my daughter played with it. Just noticed those unattached bricks and my OCD is going crazy). Seriously. It's like they aggressively tried to be underwhelming with this combo. When they're stacked the tower that comes with Jabba's set doesn't even attach properly.

Hmm, it shouldn't be leaning on an angle like that... not sure what is causing that.

I think the combo looks better with the gate section swung open and the tower attached:

ghhsuru.png

Or you could MOD it like one of these terrific examples:

7Yh6ZCi.jpg

i4tt2MQ.jpg

Hmm, it shouldn't be leaning on an angle like that... not sure what is causing that.

I think the combo looks better with the gate section swung open and the tower attached:

ghhsuru.png

Ha! I'm an idiot to have not noticed that. I'll bet the gate opens when the tower is on top, too.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's literally Rancor: The Set. The build is mediocre, but the Rancor is the true star. The bonus Gamorrean Guard and Malakili are icing on the cake!

Fowler

Ha! I'm an idiot to have not noticed that. I'll bet the gate opens when the tower is on top, too.

It doesn't.

I have the combo too. It's underwhelming to build, it's underwhelming to display, but it is such an iconic part of Star Wars with such amazing minifigs that I kinda had to have it. I mean, the Jabba and Rancor ones alone seal it for me... it's a crazy amount of money for those two, but... Jabba! Rancor!!

shadow29

Neo Member
Went to the LEGO store, but came home a bit disappointed. So when a new store opens, they just send a predetermined set of parts for the PAB wall. So until they run out the wall is pretty dry. They had flowers but no stems, windows without panes, and axels with no wheels or tires. And more importantly no tires. Sigh.

Did pick up the UN building, the rest of the minifigs I needed and some other sorts that got me up to the freebie.

Top Bottom