• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Peoples' reactions to the hobbit sets remind me what a sucker I am for scenery.... I'd totally buy multiples of each of those if money were no object.

Falch

I'm actually a bit interested in both smaller hobbit sets considering the amount of minifigs. Definitely bricklinking radagast. Necromancer looks a bit boring. What's the msrp on those sets?
Went to LegoWorld 2013 in Utrecht, Netherlands. Probably more interesting if you're a kid. Saw old classic sets like Blacktron, a Friends cartoon, some cool MOCs. Toy store Intertoys were selling tons of LEGO at 10% off - which wasn't worth it except for the already heavily discounted 66405 - City Trains Super Pack 4-in-1. Smaller sellers actually had some decently priced stuff but I barely had any cash with me (they didn't have a PIN payment option and I couldn't be bothered to go outside and get some cash from the ATM).
At the exit they handed out a bag of free stuff though! 30254 Razcal's Double-Crosser, 70103 Boulder Bowling, and a Friends dvd with an episode on it.

(Excuse the terrible phone photos. I should've taken a proper camera with me, but I already felt a bit awkward as a lone guy in a sea of little kids)

I was considering going but decided not too, guess i made the right decision. Nice pics though. I actually own that black technic sportscar.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ghostmind posted the Marketplace thread and is sprucing it up. Couldn't really send all the razzamatazz over PM so unfortunately he has to do some of the leg work for me. Much appreciated.

I did do the second post for linking to posts and listing PAB stuff. Though for now it only includes myself, ryuuroden and Bentbricks. PM me if I got anything wrong there.

Hopefully this makes it easier for any transactions we'd like to do.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699892

Thanks for creating this guys.

Been disassembling sets today to make display space for Ewok Village. Thankfully the village fits on my bookcase and only hangs off the edge just a little bit.
So far the sets to die and join the infinite are Constitution Train Chase, Black Gate, and soon much of the Galaxy Squad stuff.

ghostmind

41050 Ariel's Secret Treasures (comes with Ariel and Flounder, a colorful underwater gate and a treasure)

41051 Merida's Highland Games (comes with Merida in a dark blue dress, a light yellow wall with door, an archery target, and a bear cub)

41052 Cinderella's Enchanted Carriage (comes with Cinderella, one white horse, the coach in light blue with golden wheels, and a fountain)

41053 Ariel's Magical Kiss (comes with Ariel and Prince Eric, a pink rowboat, and a nice brick built "water-station"?)

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity (comes with Rapunzel with long hair, Flynn, and a brick-built tower in light grey with dark pink roof)

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance (looks like a LEGO version of the Playmobil Dream Castle, with animals, Cinderella, Prince Charming, a pool, a swing in the garden, light grey/ white/ azure castle)

41050 Ariel's Secret Treasures (comes with Ariel and Flounder, a colorful underwater gate and a treasure)

41051 Merida's Highland Games (comes with Merida in a dark blue dress, a light yellow wall with door, an archery target, and a bear cub)

41052 Cinderella's Enchanted Carriage (comes with Cinderella, one white horse, the coach in light blue with golden wheels, and a fountain)

41053 Ariel's Magical Kiss (comes with Ariel and Prince Eric, a pink rowboat, and a nice brick built "water-station"?)

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity (comes with Rapunzel with long hair, Flynn, and a brick-built tower in light grey with dark pink roof)

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance (looks like a LEGO version of the Playmobil Dream Castle, with animals, Cinderella, Prince Charming, a pool, a swing in the garden, light grey/ white/ azure castle)

I need pics! I have no shame in saying that I am excited about some good looking Cinderella sets. One of my favorite Disney films.

Now give me some Sleeping Beauty sets with a brick built version of this sequence:
WT9Gkn1.jpg

Heck, some Sleeping Beauty sets might actually get my wife to build with me. Last summer when I hit the LEGO store at Disney World, we both were in awe of the brick built Malificent dragon they had outside.

neonglow

Not sure I want to collect another theme...hmm

There is potential for something truly amazing in the Disney Princess theme. But I fear it will fall a bit short. A whole lot of mediocre, cheap sets, but with one gem hiding in there.

Is Astrid working on these? Because her work on Friends line has been fantastic, and would translate extremely well to Disney Princess. And after Ewok Village, I would love to see Marcos Bessa try his hand at a Disney Princess set like a castle or something.

Ponn

Banned

Im seeing these and for some reason wanting a Kingdom Hearts set now. Heck i would take the sets as is but with a Sora fig oddly placed in each box. Might be akward with that Ariel rowboat kissing set.

Ryuuroden

Went to the LEGO store, but came home a bit disappointed. So when a new store opens, they just send a predetermined set of parts for the PAB wall. So until they run out the wall is pretty dry. They had flowers but no stems, windows without panes, and axels with no wheels or tires. And more importantly no tires. Sigh.

Did pick up the UN building, the rest of the minifigs I needed and some other sorts that got me up to the freebie.

Yeah, I totally remember it being like that the first 6 months at my store when it was new. New stores also get last priority when it comes to ordering stuff for PAB. I know this from the assistant manager at my local store. She always keeps a look out for stuff I am looking for and she told me she would order a lot of popular stuff but it wouldn't come to her store. Only in the last year has the selection gotten much much better.

Ryuuroden

So I found out today the Columbus Marathon is going right in front of my house on Sunday. Really made me want to make a marathon MOC to put outside during the marathon just for shits and giggles. I'm not going to though because there is not enough time. I will, however, be getting up early so I can get across the street and take pictures of all the runners passing the house.

So I found out today the Columbus Marathon is going right in front of my house on Sunday. Really made me want to make a marathon MOC to put outside during the marathon just for shits and giggles. I'm not going to though because there is not enough time. I will, however, be getting up early so I can get across the street and take pictures of all the runners passing the house.
Marathon moc is easy. Get a few road base plates, then add hundreds of mini figs.

These are standard minifigs, not minidolls? I'm really excited for these sets to get for my non-existent daughters!

wetwired

whether they're friends style or minifigs my 4 year old daughter is gonna go ape shit for this, particularly the Cinderella ones

These are LEGO and not DUPLO, right?

Ponn

Banned
whether they're friends style or minifigs my 4 year old daughter is gonna go ape shit for this, particularly the Cinderella ones

There is potential in great pieces for these sets. That Cinderella carriage with fountain could be really great and the Ariel rowboat with wate pieces could be great as well.

ghostmind

The sets will have Friends-style mini-dolls, but with a different design and dresses made of material (fabric or plastic I do not know yet).

Apparently some of the sets look fantastic, especially the castle.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Went to my college town target yesterday. First time I had been there in probably 7 years. Was checking the LEGO section out and found almost a full selection of series 8 minifigs. Grabbed 6 feeling each one. Picked up skier, batboy, Santa, businessman, deep sea diver and fairy . Just need pretzel guy now to complete series 8!

Falch

Definitely interested in the new Disney princess sets, when can we expect pics?

Went to my college town target yesterday. First time I had been there in probably 7 years. Was checking the LEGO section out and found almost a full selection of series 8 minifigs. Grabbed 6 feeling each one. Picked up skier, batboy, Santa, businessman, deep sea diver and fairy . Just need pretzel guy now to complete series 8!

I have pretzel guy, just PM me and we'll work something out as one gaffer to another.

R-User!

There is potential for something truly amazing in the Disney Princess theme. But I fear it will fall a bit short. A whole lot of mediocre, cheap sets, but with one gem hiding in there.

Is Astrid working on these? Because her work on Friends line has been fantastic, and would translate extremely well to Disney Princess. And after Ewok Village, I would love to see Marcos Bessa try his hand at a Disney Princess set like a castle or something.

OMG!!!

A castle or something, lol...

The Magic Kingdom!!!

Could you imagine! Disneylands' Castle! Wow.

A display and playset to end all display and playsets!!!

I'm reviving my broken fire brigade from where it was in storage. It was broken in a bag in many medium chunks with maybe 100 loose pieces. I made a ton of progress without consulting the instructions.... so much of the design just makes sense it's like it rebuilt itself. Anywhere more than 5 pieces were still attached in a clump it was pretty easy to find where they went.

qFSvKl8l.jpg

After watching Gravity yesterday, I am all excited about LEGO Space theme mini-figs. I am curious if they are going to replace Galaxy Squad with something new or will they skip a year and ride out the inventory. You guys can have your girlie Disney Princesses stuff. (Secretly looking forward to Little Mermaid, my wife love Disney and this might just get her into enjoying LEGO).

ghostmind

There is a list floating around with descriptions of 2014 LotR sets. Now, if you recall we got a bogus list for the 2013 sets previously, so I am doubtful on this list.

The Mirror of Galadriel – Includes Frodo in a plain shirt and Galadriel. There is a small mirror and a statue. – $12.99

Amon Hen Ambush – Includes 2 Uruk Hai, Boromir, and what he believes is Merry. Small set of steps and the palantir tower. – $25.99

The Defence of Osgiliath – Includes 2 Orcs, a Gondor Knight, and maybe a Ranger. Small orc boat and ruins. – $39.99

Witch King Showdown – Includes the Witch King, Theoden, a Rider of Rohan (Eowyn), a white horse, and a Nazgul. Also includes a Fellbeast and small grassy area. – $59.99

The Battle of Minas Tirith – Includes Gandalf, 2 Gondor Knights, maybe 4 Orcs, a troll, and possibly Pippen. Set has 1 large gate at ground level, 2 smaller levels with a small house and the citadel. Also includes an orc catapult outside the city. – $119.99

I am bewildered at the lack of a balrog set but in my dreams will buy multiple osgiliaths and a minas tirith and one of everything else.

I pretty much got the fall set for the mushroom pieces.

And dat wheel barrel!

Actually never paid attention to the mushrooms until now. Makes me more excited. :) I got the Thanksgiving set just for all the food pieces.
Loved the lighter shade mushrooms with Ewok Village to compliment the red ones from other sets.

Yes, I will be pimping Ewok Village HARD now.

Ryuuroden

There is a list floating around with descriptions of 2014 LotR sets. Now, if you recall we got a bogus list for the 2013 sets previously, so I am doubtful on this list.

The Mirror of Galadriel – Includes Frodo in a plain shirt and Galadriel. There is a small mirror and a statue. – $12.99

Amon Hen Ambush – Includes 2 Uruk Hai, Boromir, and what he believes is Merry. Small set of steps and the palantir tower. – $25.99

The Defence of Osgiliath – Includes 2 Orcs, a Gondor Knight, and maybe a Ranger. Small orc boat and ruins. – $39.99

Witch King Showdown – Includes the Witch King, Theoden, a Rider of Rohan (Eowyn), a white horse, and a Nazgul. Also includes a Fellbeast and small grassy area. – $59.99

The Battle of Minas Tirith – Includes Gandalf, 2 Gondor Knights, maybe 4 Orcs, a troll, and possibly Pippen. Set has 1 large gate at ground level, 2 smaller levels with a small house and the citadel. Also includes an orc catapult outside the city. – $119.99

Sounds fun, but i am somewhat doubtful as well.

Ponn

Banned
Some potential for awesome in those LoTR set. Please let the fell beast be an awesome brickbuilt version.

mojiimbo

Would be nice to be able to round out The Fellowship and Theoden without having to spend $200 to get Helm's Deep and Mines of Moria.

Minas Tirith could be good...let's hope so.

And Lego, please bring back the raised baseplates. I viewed that stuff as liquid gold as a kid.

Star Wars AT-TE, sadly I ordered it before the Amazon sale ... I knew I should have just go for the Ewok's Village set. I got Batmobile and Harley Quinn set from TRU (both on sale which means they are just regular price).

9LLXrtNl.jpg
I realized that I never got my free Clone Commander or whatever it was when I bought my Ewok Village. Maybe the store was out of them. My brain was more on getting the free holiday set.

Top Bottom