• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Just bought this shirt from Ript Apparel. There's only a couple hours left.

shut-up-and-take-my-money-detail_32845_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

Just as awesome as everyone said it would be, it's the first decent size ship I've made so far. I'm now very disappointed how small the ship in the Xmen set is going to be

7ZltOuil.jpg

My MOCs are too multi-coloured just now but I put them into MLCad so I could test placement; here are a few examples.

DDR Solo;

In real bricks the 1x6 tile will be moved up a bit.

DDR;

Missing 2 2x2 round tiles, not sure which I will use, to mimic speakers.

IIDX;

Almost finished. Will try to get a better solution for the control panel/coin slot.

To go on the roof;

lovin it all :)

frogg609

I submitted to the Brickset Mixel contest. I present "KaFlump"

13393432855_9eb82b9e1f_b.jpg

13393910674_6d4a0a8f25_b.jpg

Taking photos so that it doesn't look like a blob is really difficult. Was fun to build though.

Just as awesome as everyone said it would be, it's the first decent size ship I've made so far. I'm now very disappointed how small the ship in the Xmen set is going to be

7ZltOuil.jpg

Quinjet is best jet! Glad it lived up to the hype. Now all aboard the Marcos Bessa love train! Now you need Arkham Asylum and Ewok Village.
I still need Simpsons House by him. And he is doing the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Milano Spaceship. If that is half as awesome as Quinjet, I will be happy.

I submitted to the Brickset Mixel contest. I present "KaFlump"

13393432855_9eb82b9e1f_b.jpg

13393910674_6d4a0a8f25_b.jpg

Taking photos so that it doesn't look like a blob is really difficult. Was fun to build though.

LOVE it. I need to work on mine. I only have the yellow and red ones so far, but am excited about the contest.

I think once the Brickset competition is over (or before) I will make a similar one for GAF. Those Mixels are so great, and so cheap.

frogg609

Quinjet is best jet! Glad it lived up to the hype. Now all aboard the Marcos Bessa love train! Now you need Arkham Asylum and Ewok Village.
I still need Simpsons House by him. And he is doing the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Milano Spaceship. If that is half as awesome as Quinjet, I will be happy.

LOVE it. I need to work on mine. I only have the yellow and red ones so far, but am excited about the contest.

I think once the Brickset competition is over (or before) I will make a similar one for GAF. Those Mixels are so great, and so cheap.

Yea I really like them. I finally picked up the yellow ones today, so I have all of series one. I watched the shorts this morning though, and I wasn't super impressed with it. I'll give it another go in a day or so and see if I like it better.At least the toys are awesome!

Zerojul

If you don't have the Haunted House (technically not a modular), I would slip that in next, or right after the GE.
I was lucky enough to get it as a Valentine's day gift. And we are going to try to incorporate it to our city (as well as Arkham and the Simpsons House and some TLM sets) somehow. We're planning a rather unorthodox city ;)

Fowler

I was lucky enough to get it as a Valentine's day gift. And we are going to try to incorporate it to our city (as well as Arkham and the Simpsons House and some TLM sets) somehow. We're planning a rather unorthodox city ;)

Oooh, great idea. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Had my first day of training today! Things went really well, I feel like this could be a VERY fun job. I felt bad because we had to do some sales training and I totally smoked the other dude training with me. :( In his defense he's been out of the game a long while and doesn't really know but about modern Lego sets. They also had us build the little Chima polybags for whatever reason and I was almost done with the ship by the time he was done with the minifig. D: We got to keep them, though!

Also, I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose what our employee discount is but it's not 30% like I had found on Google anymore. I'm going to go broke as fuck really REALLY fast. It makes basically every set an impulse buy, it's not even fair.

Edit: Yeah I really want the Palace Cinema (makes me think of the Arclight, wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose) but the car is just a total joke. Those other builds look WAY better.

kapowza

yasss, picked up a couple of movie minifigs at the bus station on a whim, got my President Business, his hair is even better in real life.

gonna drop some of my shitty bonus into a set, probably Parisian Restaurant or Orthanc

Ryuuroden

Had my first day of training today! Things went really well, I feel like this could be a VERY fun job. I felt bad because we had to do some sales training and I totally smoked the other dude training with me. :( In his defense he's been out of the game a long while and doesn't really know but about modern Lego sets. They also had us build the little Chima polybags for whatever reason and I was almost done with the ship by the time he was done with the minifig. D: We got to keep them, though!

Also, I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose what our employee discount is but it's not 30% like I had found on Google anymore. I'm going to go broke as fuck really REALLY fast. It makes basically every set an impulse buy, it's not even fair.

Edit: Yeah I really want the Palace Cinema (makes me think of the Arclight, wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose) but the car is just a total joke. Those other builds look WAY better.

Yeah you have a limit every month on how much you can spend but its a pretty epic discount (a friend who works there told me)

mrkgoo

We should just do it for the moc contest 5, i mean why not? Let's not fragment the concept! It can always just be a shorter one if too many people don't want to do it.

Zerojul

I didn't know that the GotG jet was designed by the same guy. It's excellent news, and I think the first visuals for it are very promising. I have high hopes.

Yeah you have a limit every month on how much you can spend but its a pretty epic discount (a friend who works there told me)

Epic discount? I already have a full time job and two young kids. I now feel the need to take the small amount of free time I have to get a job there! haha

Deefuzz

There's no monthly limit, it's an annual limit

Welcome to the family! Which store? :)

It's a yearly limit, but it's so high I can't imagine that I'd ever reach it even with the crazy discount. @__@

There's no monthly limit, it's an annual limit

Welcome to the family! Which store? :)

Glendale Galleria! I assume you work at one as well? (If you're the guy I was training with I'm sorry if I made you feel bad ;__; )

Haha. I've worked at the Des Peres (St. Louis) store since we opened, so I've been with LEGO for right about a year now. :)

Oh awesome! I take it that you've enjoyed it since you've been with them for a year so far? Even from the first day of training I have high expectations of it being a really nice, fun job. :D

That's one of the closer locations to where I live, heheh. Ontario Mills and Downtown Disney are both closer, though.

GAF Lego Partaaaayyyy

I want to check out the Downtown Disney store, apparently it's HUGE and one of the few locations that host birthday parties? My girlfriend was down there a few days ago and sent some pictures, it looks sweeeet

Deefuzz

Oh awesome! I take it that you've enjoyed it since you've been with them for a year so far? Even from the first day of training I have high expectations of it being a really nice, fun job. :D

Absolutely. Unfortunately I have a full time salaried office job so I can only give LEGO a couple of nights a week, but it's worth it for the discount and the awesome experience of sharing the love of LEGO with others!

GAF Lego Partaaaayyyy

I want to check out the Downtown Disney store, apparently it's HUGE and one of the few locations that host birthday parties? My girlfriend was down there a few days ago and sent some pictures, it looks sweeeet

Haven't been to that store since before the redesign, I'm afraid. It's a must-visit for my next trip down there, though.

Absolutely. Unfortunately I have a full time salaried office job so I can only give LEGO a couple of nights a week, but it's worth it for the discount and the awesome experience of sharing the love of LEGO with others!

Wow I never thought of that, I wish I had one in my city! I would gladly work two jobs if I could work there.

Fowler

AChBMph.jpg

This auto is bloody awful - its only decent from certain angles.

Haha, my bad, I thought auto was some term for a clever building technique or something. Forgot about that being part of Palace Cinema so somehow didn't think about automobile. Just thought it was something I hadn't come across yet!

I went to the nearest Lego Store with my dad to check out what they had. He noticed that they had a Millennium Falcon in the back, I noticed it was slightly discounted, and he bought it. And now he expects me to build it.

Well, I guess it's nice having supportive parents.

Ryuuroden

There is actually a single girl who works at my local Lego Store and I have been flirting with her for like 4 years now. She's still single and cute, I really should ask her out, nothing to do with the discount I swear, I'm not that kind of guy.

There is actually a single girl who works at my local Lego Store and I have been flirting with her for like 4 years now. She's still single and cute, I really should ask her out, nothing to do with the discount I swear, I'm not that kind of guy.

Do it! Just don't take her out somewhere expensive. Double points are coming up soon. :)

Tuvoc

I asked an employee the last time I stopped in. He told me they get 50% off. Thats incredible.

mrkgoo

I asked an employee the last time I stopped in. He told me they get 50% off. Thats incredible.
Indeed it is!

We routinely have sales here on Lego, but probably because the markup here is close to around 20-30% of what you guys pay anyway.

Krilekk

Banned
Some more Mixels love here.

Mixels are awesome mini builds and great value for the money (especially considering that the upcoming CMFs will be 3.99 € each, the same as a Mixel). Having built them all I gotta say they are with one or two exceptions awesome. Everything is awesome.

My favourites:

41505 Shuff - This was actually the last one I built and the one I had most fun building. At first I disliked the grey stone theme of the third set but this guy is just great. Compact and fun to look at. The other two grey Mixels are sort of the only ones in the whole series that ... not exactly suck because they are unique in their own kind of way. But they lack that cuteness.

41501 Vulk - The red one-eyed Mixel and actually the only one at all with ball joints for both the legs and the arms. Which is really the only letdown of Mixels overall, they should all have ball joints for arms for poseability. Vulk is able to walk like an Egyptian, that makes him special. Great hands, too.

And then we have the two Mixels that everybody has seen by now, 41500 Flain and 41508 Volectro. They are cool.

So if you only want some of the Mixels I recommend these four. If you only want one complete set I recommend the red one, the yellow one lacks in variety and the grey one in tooth parts (1 for grey, 3 for yellow, 4 for red). But overall this first series is great enough to have a complete set.

I'm a bit worried about series 2 and especially series 3, they just don't seem to be as cute as most of series 1. Angry, actually. But I will end up getting all of these anyway, it's a nice collectible series and not having to buy blind bags is amazing.

mrkgoo

Some more Mixels love here.

Mixels are awesome mini builds and great value for the money (especially considering that the upcoming CMFs will be 3.99 € each, the same as a Mixel). Having built them all I gotta say they are with one or two exceptions awesome. Everything is awesome.

My favourites:

41505 Shuff - This was actually the last one I built and the one I had most fun building. At first I disliked the grey stone theme of the third set but this guy is just great. Compact and fun to look at. The other two grey Mixels are sort of the only ones in the whole series that ... not exactly suck because they are unique in their own kind of way. But they lack that cuteness.

41501 Vulk - The red one-eyed Mixel and actually the only one at all with ball joints for both the legs and the arms. Which is really the only letdown of Mixels overall, they should all have ball joints for arms for poseability. Vulk is able to walk like an Egyptian, that makes him special. Great hands, too.

And then we have the two Mixels that everybody has seen by now, 41500 Flain and 41508 Volectro. They are cool.

So if you only want some of the Mixels I recommend these four. If you only want one complete set I recommend the red one, the yellow one lacks in variety and the grey one in tooth parts (1 for grey, 3 for yellow, 4 for red). But overall this first series is great enough to have a complete set.

I'm a bit worried about series 2 and especially series 3, they just don't seem to be as cute as most of series 1. Angry, actually. But I will end up getting all of these anyway, it's a nice collectible series and not having to buy blind bags is amazing.

I only bought one Mixel, Vulk.

He's awesome.

I bought him because he had articulated fingers, and was a bonus he had 4 ball joints AND a nixel.

For some reason, most of the others don't appeal, but I DO like the upcoming waves - they just look interesting. I know, however, I'm probably going to get more wave 2 sets, and then eventually just get most then all I can, and just regret not completing the set from wave 1....

Zerojul

Does anyone know when the second Mixel series is coming out?
According to various sites series 2 is due for June and series 3 for September.
I think I will get the whole series 1 next week, 36€ for a whole series seems very cheap. Just hope my Lego shop has them all in stock...

Rootbeer

Banned
Old Man Yells At Cloud

aww yes.

Looks great. Please make a series 2 though... hope they are already on it :)

Coming in May? Sooo.... late April for LEGO stores, right?

When are the Simpsons minis gonna be in stock? I'm visiting Lego Land next week in Florida and I hope they have some.

Also on that note, does Lego Land have any exclusives? I asked this earlier but I don't think anyone responded, sorry if you did and I missed it :)

LEGO teaser for a new Minecraft micro set - probably based on The End:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=686778491386896

what does "micro set" mean in appose to just a set based off Minecraft?

Zerojul

It seems like Scratchy has a tail in the latest group picture... How does that work usually ?
A piece that goes between the torso and legs ?

Krilekk

Banned
When are the Simpsons minis gonna be in stock? I'm visiting Lego Land next week in Florida and I hope they have some.

Also on that note, does Lego Land have any exclusives? I asked this earlier but I don't think anyone responded, sorry if you did and I missed it :)

what does "micro set" mean in appose to just a set based off Minecraft?

They are working on a series of minifig scale Minecraft sets, these are micro scale.

Top Bottom